Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model of femininity for girls in their 40's or 50's

Model of femininity for girls in their 40's or 50's

I'm in my 40's but I've to admit that in my mind, I'm still emulating feminine figures who are in their 20's ( or girls I knew when I was 20-odd but we all have now aged). In other words, I still model my gestures, antics and style on 20 something women.
    In general, I find women in their 40's or older lacking in femininity to the extend that I don't want to be like them.

However, there must be some feminine and graceful women who are in their 40's or older and are worthwhile for us to emulate.

Can you name a few ? Preferably celebrities with videos on Youtube.

Meryl Streep. I certainly wouldn't call her "lacking in femininity!"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    R u confusing "femininity" with "sexy", Linda? Or, is it just ME?

I see SCADS of women in their 40's and beyond on TV and in movies all the time. But, many of them r MORE feminine than the young hotties in the same vehicles!
    I don't find the older ladies nearly as SEXY, tho! Lol!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Celine Dion Comes across like areal girly girl. You can still dress for your age look good I find employing more accessories to do this now that I am over 40 more necklaces bangles earrings handbags and belts seem to help me not only look feminine but make me feel nice and help me to look dressed in an appropriate manner

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind a man's input on this one (especially since this particular man walked in a woman's shoes for 30-something years)? Here's a link with lots of beautiful and feminine AND sexy women over 40:

Top 40 Over 40

I would also like to agree with Eryn's suggestion of Meryl Streep, and add Sophia Loren to the list My pick of the top 40 list would be Michelle Pfeiffer, Jane Seymour, Helen Mirren, and Julianne Moore Older women tend to be much more comfortable in their own skin and have the confidence to be who they are and not worry so much about what other people think (in my observation/experience, anyway), and to me that's the most feminine and sexy attribute a woman can have, far more so than any clothing, hair, makeup or jewellery can ever give her

By the way, happy Valentine's Day x

[SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

As I approached my own 40s, I was surprised to find myself more attracted to women around my age than I had been for a long time--I think it's partially that I can appreciate a more mature physical femininity, and partially that I can also appreciate mental maturity more so than I used to. Younger women I frequently find tedious; women in their 40s have been around the block so to speak and can still be very attractive. It's a different kind of femininity to admire and to emulate (especially given that my own gradual aging has forced my hand...I've known my panty size since I was about 12 and it's now starting to approach my grandma's! I think I'm too young to see myself in granny panties...).

i am attracted to women my age or ten or more years younger... and mature women have a certain style and grace and femininity that the 20 somethings I have known had not learned yet... as an example consider Sophia Loren... I think she is the sexiest woman on the planet... she is most likely older than all of us... yet she has an awesome style and grace and femininity...

Odd that the OP thinks women over 40 are not attractive or lack femininity. There are some actresses that I never found particularly attractive until they reached 40. One that comes to mind is Angie Dickerson. I see women over 40 as being as attractive and feminine as any that are in their twenties everyday. So I don't agree with the OP's observation at all. In fact, at my age, I find 40+ women much more attractive then those in their 20's. I guess my sense of what is or is not feminine and attractive changes to match my age.
    It would be a sad state of affairs if women also found men less masculine once they reach 40. Femininity has no age to me.

It appears to me this is about sexy not feminine. Yes younger woman are more sexy. I believe that is because of the need to find a partner. A woman who is older and mature and understands more of who they are as a person. Does not want to be a sex object. Still she is very feminine actually more so. No matter what you should always dress for your age group if you want to blend in. Just my 2 cents.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrijerry View Post
    It appears to me this is about sexy not feminine. Yes younger woman are more sexy. I believe that is because of the need to find a partner. A woman who is older and mature and understands more of who they are as a person. Does not want to be a sex object. Still she is very feminine actually more so. No matter what you should always dress for your age group if you want to blend in. Just my 2 cents.
    Sorry, I don't agree that women in their twenties is more sexy then women in their forties. In fact, I am much more attracted to women in their forties then to those in their twenties. But then again, I don't like blanket statements. A beautiful, sexy women is beautiful at whatever her age is; But more appealing to me when she is 40+.

I have seen boatloads of women over 40 that totally rock this world. They're graceful, beautiful and very mature and lovely creatures. I have always gravitated towards older women any how.

Emulating a woman that is older than I am or even my age has no appeal.. Makeup was invented to make you look younger not older. who says we have to dress our age any way? Since were breaking all the rules anyway... What's one more? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

lol!! Exactly, Karen! Maybe not club attire, but nothing wrong with a young look! As for "older woman", I like to get some tips from the local news-anchors. Hair, make-up, clothes--- they are always "in style".
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Holly Hunter, my idol... she's 50,

I agree with Karren! By the way my panties are still high-cut nylon or satin!!

Holy Begeezess, if, as you say, over 40 and 50 femininity is out in the real GG world - then what am I wasting my time doing trying (big emphasis on trying)to emulate something that doesn't exist? I might as well go get my dirty sweatsuit on and root around in the garden. Thanks , now my days shot to hell.
    Last edited by Stephanie Miller; 02-16-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Linda Evens, Linda Carter, Julia Roberts, Mariska Hargitay, all very feminine and over 40.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

My favorites are Nicole Kidman and Andie MacDowell; they are 43 and 52, respectively, and are very feminine, positive role models.

I guess I should toss Raquel Welch out there. Still hot and going strong. Of course Sophia Loren, as someone stated earlier. I feel these 2 hotties are the epitome of classical femininity and woman hood. Nuff said, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

I'm 40 and I'm a woman, not a girl!! and Gerrijerry, what does a woman of 40 need to dress like then?
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Love your signature, I read to the end and laughed. According to your avatar you don't look 40, more like 20 something and a GG, nice.....TTFN

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

Twiggy (Leslie Dunlop) is fabulous for her age and still modelling for Marks & Spencer
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

oh oh! I see trouble coming

Welcome back to the old if you are ____ years old you must ______ argument.

I have to grow old but I refuse to grow up. I am still young in my mind. And there are plenty of women of a certain age who are beautiful and sexy.

addendum: Thank you Daniel
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-14-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well, there's often a very fine line between "sexy" and "****ty", and not many women can pull off the former without straying into the latter territory. Eve Dolly Parton recognized this with her tongue-in-cheek observation that it takes a lot of money to look as cheap as she does.

Personally, I'll take a glamorous, sophisticated "older" woman who is secure in her femininity any day over a Britney Spears, Pamela Anderson, or Christina Aguilera "sex kitten" type clone. Topping my list would be he likes of Catherine Deneuve, Sophia Loren, Grace Kelly Jackie O, Ann-Margaret, Elizabeth Taylor, Susan Sarandon, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Jane Fonda, Lena Horne, Christie Brinkley, Linda Evangelista, Lynda Carter, and Candace Bergen. Sadly, some of these ladies are no longer with us...

Is it worth mentioning any more women in the media that are sexy and feminine in their 40s and beyond? I'm 43 and have no problem dressing my age, though I do prefer to maybe take a few years off LOL A lot of what younger women (girls!) wear are fun, but you do have to have some dignity. I'd also like to say that one of my role models is my boss who is in her 50s and so chic I'd kill for her style and her wardrobe