Thread: The need to dress...

The need to dress...

I want to comment a thing that appears in my mind when some time pass between dressing and dressing.

The question is:

"Why?" Simple , short and very silly question, but always is there.
    Why do i like to dress up? I´m a normal "man" so maybe it´s not a normal "thing".

And as everytime i ask myself, i continue without a clear answer. I can stay quite time without using female clothes. But it arrives a moment that my brain and my entire body is saying to me, "It´s the time. Go ahead and put that beautifull clothes on".

I don´t know if i´m explaining this theme well, but i needed to share it with someone.
    Just that.
    Anyway, i´ll appreciate any comment about it and why not, some understanding reasons. xDD

Have a nice day there!!!

P.D: Mmmm, i´d like to travel to an English talking country to prove myself if i an maintain a real conversation in a differente language from my native Spanish. Maybe someday...

Account is closed
    Is it to withdraw from something or for pleasure or both?
    Once you answer that:
    Do you have an addictive personality?
    Once you answer that:
    Are you CD or TS?
    Once you answer that then you will know who you are and what you want.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]

I'm my opinion, "Why" can't be answered with any certainty... And even if it could be... Knowing why wouldn't change a thing would it? You would still like to do what you like to do? So imho, wasting time trying to answer an unanswerable question that will have no effect on your life going forward is just not worth the effort.. Have free time on your hands then go volunteer in your community or try to help alleviate world hunger....
    Last edited by Karren H; 02-14-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You could ask the same why-question about a lot of things that you do. I could ask why do I go on hikes; my answer would be that I don't really know. But I keep going on them, even though sometimes they are arduous, sometimes they are uncomfortable, sometimes other people think that I take risks and sleep on the hard ground and there are lots better ways to spend my time. Some would say that the hiking is different because even though not everyone would do it, it's normal for a man. But it's no more or less normal for a woman; and to some people it's "abnormal" for a person at my age to keep doing it. Piffle! It doesn't really matter that I can answer the philosophical question of "why"; as Bobby Kennedy is alleged to have said, "Why not?" I don't have to have an answer to either of those.
    warmly, Linnea

I dress en femme because I like it. I enjoy the feeling of feminine clothes against my skin. I enjoy feeling "girly". What more reason do I need? I also enjoy listening to music, but have never questioned why I do. I just do. Some things are just born into a person, and if you keep asking why, you'll drive yourself batty. As they used to say in the 60s, if it feels good, do it!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

I´m not searching for a real answer, because it would be impossible to achieve. No ones know the way of his/her tastes. The fact to post this "question" is only because i wanted to comment in "public", no more.
    True is that i made this question myself loads of times and maybe some day i´ll feel free of it. I love the time i pass "in femme" because it´s absolutely different to my ordinary life. When i crossdress, i´m in peace, problems disappears and, in my imagination, everything is in its place.
    I can´t have all the time that i´d like using girl clothes and that is sad. But maybe, which i miss more is to have a real person, a friend or partner, who understands me. That is the truth.

At least, now i have a place where people understand me. Although they are far from where i live.

Thanks for all, girls!!

Ohhh. You want the unreal answer? Lol In that case..... its because I smell better enfemme!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Like to crossdress? No one knows why. Not so far. You were born that way. Why are you attracted to women? And not attracted to young, svelte elm trees? Its something deep inside. And if you are attracted to men--again your were born that way, and no one knows why. However, as Darwin theorized, survival of the fittest, in some way our society benefits from the crossdressers and gay among us, otherwise the genetic basis would soon disappear.

I was recently on the discussion site Boundforum. While discussing self-bondage, one of the guys said, "I am not a crossdresser, but I wish I were, because they seem to have the most fun."
    Figure that one out.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 02-14-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add

Banned Read only
    I gave up trying to answer "why" a long time ago. I know I feel great when I put on a dress and slip into a pair of heels. I think it is not "a" thing but many things. It is the pampering I give my self when dressing, the feel of the clothes, the colors, the line of my calves in heels, the feel of ear rings on my ear lobes.... Just too much to care to explain. I just enjoy it.

Hey Mara, when you figure out "why", please let the rest of us know, OK?

I doubt that there is or will ever be a single reason " why" just stop worrying about it and and assume that it is something you tried and enjoyed and you wish to continue that enjoyment every so often .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

If asked why I cross dress, the simple answer for me is, "Because I'm transgender."
    DonnaT

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    There is a very simple reason WHY I crossdress! I love the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing!! I have no desire to be a woman, or use dressing for sexual reasons! There really is no other reason than what I have stated. My late wife of almost 50 years knew I was a CD, and supported me for all those years! But only you can decide why you crossdress!! You can read books or watch other places on the internet, but the real answer is in your own head!! Nowhere else!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Don't even ask why,there doesn't have to be a reason why.Ask,does it make me feel happy or complete.If it does, then your question is answered.

I started asking myself why, when I was six years old, even then I knew I didn't want anyone to know what I was doing, but I knew I couldn't stop being interested. Around thirty years latter I quit asking why, it no longer mattered, what was left is, this is who I am, and that's not going to change. That was thirty years ago, and I will say I have been a happier person, and have enjoyed life so much more after I quit worrying about why, and learned to live with who I am. There is hundreds of books out there about crosdressing, and you will probably find someone here that has read any that might interest you, but after being here for years, I have never seen anyone get close to an idea of why, that fits everyone.
    Tina B.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Why, is the simplest and toughest question to ask. For me, at first it was one thing, now it is different in so many ways. Just like the others, one said that it is calming, one says that they enjoy it, etc. Don't drive yourself crazy with having to know, because the reasons may vary from day to day, or minute by minute. Just accept it and move on, enjoy or whatever.

Not much to add here. There's no right answer to your question. I just started as a child and it felt good, I kept doing it and felt good (shameful but good), still doing it and feeling great. I don't think I asked myself why ever.

Acá tienes a otro hispanoparlante

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara3001 View Post
    Why do i like to dress up? I´m a normal "man" so maybe it´s not a normal "thing".

And as everytime i ask myself, i continue without a clear answer. I can stay quite time without using female clothes. But it arrives a moment that my brain and my entire body is saying to me, "It´s the time. Go ahead and put that beautifull clothes on".
    I don't really know how a normal man feels. Several months ago, there was a thread on here by an accepting wife who described her husband as a "man plus" because of his cross-dressing. Perhaps instead of being a "normal" man, you are a "man plus".

Whatever the reason, I'm sure that if you can accept yourself for who you are, then you will not need to torment yourself with questions like "why do I need to dress?"
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Who wants to be "normal"?
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Have free time on your hands then go volunteer in your community or try to help alleviate world hunger....
    Yeah......um....

It's just that when so many of us have some free time on our hands, we tend to use it to crossdress.

Hey, why does anyone do anything? Obviously there's a reward in it for us. We do it because we like it. And we like it a lot, so we do it and think about it a lot. Better to ask why you like it. What is the reward? If you figure out what reward you get from it, you will answer your own question as to why you do it. I think the answer is a little different for each of us, with perhaps some common threads involved.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Frankly, I'm not as concerned with why I dress as I am with how, when and what to wear.

About 7 years ago when I decided to leave that dreaded closet and accept who I am I gave up wondering WHY.
    I had spent too many years trying to answer that question and found that I don't really care. It just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

If I had to pose an answer I would use the one I heard given by a psychology professor ... WHY NOT!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Transwoman
    Why all this need to be 'normal'? I guess we should all just do what feels right.

I know I do it because I have Gender Identity Disorder and its just kind of a need for me to dress femininely. Its something I enjoy doing, and often I will dress up and then just go back to doing school work, watching TV or doing whatever daily activity as long as no one is around to see.