Thread: The advantages of being female

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The advantages of being female

It seems only like yesterday I last posted... it was in fact almost three months ago - being away for Xmas/New Year with my parents. I think Mum knows now about the crossdressing, but I'm still in the closet about it.

So new year, new flat, and the need to renew my contents insurance policy. That was simple - $181.40 for $15k worth of cover for a year, including $1m liability insurance and $200 excess. Then when I told the sales agent that my student loan was at $12,000, we looked into life insurance. (Turns out I don't need it as student loans are written off in the event of the death of the borrower)

But here is the thing - females have the advantage in paying less premiums on life insurance! For me, the premium was going to be $92.98 per year for $50,000 cover. If I was female - for the same cover, It would have only cost $71.60!

So, here is the question - what advantages is there being female rather than male? Of course, if you crossdress, you aren't going to get cheaper life insurance premiums (maybe, but not with my insurer!)
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

The Unlucky
    Well, in my career field. Females have the advantage of getting paid just as much as others, yet not have to do any work at all. Some don't even bother showing up for work and never have to worry about getting fired, maybe only a stern talking to but that's it.

Also on the rare days that any of them actually DO show up to work, they are always provided the option of getting out of any tasking or actual work with the classic and often used "My *insert random body part* hurts! So I'm gonna go lay down". It's quite miraculous actually since the moment we get off work it's like they're a new person! All of the sudden they can run, jump, dance.....and get completely wasted within 15 minutes of being off work.

Oh, and if by some chance a "supervisor" tries to correct them...say for instance, try to break up the talking and get them to work he will be met with a very loud "DON'T CHA SEE I'MMA TRYIN TO TALK HERRRR?!?!? RUUUUDE!!"

*Sigh*

We can't really say anything to them, with the whole "sexual harassment" threat. That, AND most of the superiors want to and/or trying to sleep with them so they don't want to jeopardize the option of a one night fling.

Yes. That's the tip of the iceberg of the advantages of being a female where I work. I'd transition in a heartbeat just so I wouldn't have to work anymore.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    I will not talk about advantages but I will say that being a woman you learn that men in general look at you like a place for thier penis and thats about it. Many men dont see women as much else.

fierce glamazon
    KellyCD, i think some of the comments you've expressed here are rather insensitive given that the entire world is still very much dominated by masculine privilege and misogynist attitudes and has been for thousands of years, as Katesback corroborates.

Women fully deserve protection of their equal rights.

Men had better start respecting women a bit more. For every 2 men who graduate from college or university 3 women graduate. I believe that there are more women working outside the home than men. So it appears that women may get the upper hand in society in the future.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Top Two Reasons:
    1. More freedom of expression of self and to be one's self
    2. I don't like our society's stereotype of male.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avana View Post
    KellyCD, i think some of the comments you've expressed here are rather insensitive given that the entire world is still very much dominated by masculine privilege and misogynist attitudes and has been for thousands of years, as Katesback corroborates.

Women fully deserve protection of their equal rights.
    Equal rights is one thing, special previleges on the basis of gender is something else.
    Most of us support equal rights but when you are giving promotions, vacations, flextime on the basis of gender or using gender as an excuse for not treating employees the same when it comes to work responsibilities and basing your disciplinary actions on those gender distintions, then you are breaking federal anti discrimination laws.
    If you can prove that women in your workplace are being given preferential treatment you might have a civil rights claim.
    Especially if your employer is a public agency or recieves any public funds.
    And even those who are not, are still required to follow the law unless they have less than 20 employees.
    The anti discriminatory treatment laws apply to all employers who have over 20 employees the last time I checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCD View Post
    Well, in my career field. Females have the advantage of getting paid just as much as others, yet not have to do any work at all. Some don't even bother showing up for work and never have to worry about getting fired, maybe only a stern talking to but that's it.

Also on the rare days that any of them actually DO show up to work, they are always provided the option of getting out of any tasking or actual work with the classic and often used "My *insert random body part* hurts! So I'm gonna go lay down". It's quite miraculous actually since the moment we get off work it's like they're a new person! All of the sudden they can run, jump, dance.....and get completely wasted within 15 minutes of being off work.

Oh, and if by some chance a "supervisor" tries to correct them...say for instance, try to break up the talking and get them to work he will be met with a very loud "DON'T CHA SEE I'MMA TRYIN TO TALK HERRRR?!?!? RUUUUDE!!"

*Sigh*

We can't really say anything to them, with the whole "sexual harassment" threat. That, AND most of the superiors want to and/or trying to sleep with them so they don't want to jeopardize the option of a one night fling.

Yes. That's the tip of the iceberg of the advantages of being a female where I work. I'd transition in a heartbeat just so I wouldn't have to work anymore.

sing it...........i have the same problems

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCD View Post
    Well, in my career field. Females have the advantage of ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sonna View Post
    sing it...........i have the same problems
    What line of work are these? Maybe I'm headed in the wrong field?
    Reine

How about a big one?

According to the U.S. Social Security Administration, a boy born today in the U.S. has a life expectancy of 75.10 years, a girl has a life expectancy of 80.21 years. That's about a 7% difference, or about one extra year for every 14 years of life.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alyssaenglefield View Post
    here is the thing - females have the advantage in paying less premiums on life insurance! For me, the premium was going to be $92.98 per year for $50,000 cover. If I was female - for the same cover, It would have only cost $71.60!
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    According to the U.S. Social Security Administration, a boy born today in the U.S. has a life expectancy of 75.10 years, a girl has a life expectancy of 80.21 years. That's about a 7% difference, or about one extra year for every 14 years of life.
    Insurance companies look on it from the point of view of risks (i.e. statistically how likely on average are they to make an early payout?)

Statistically men take part in more high risk activities than women.

Even when women do take part in higher risk activities, they tend to do it in a less devil-may-care way, so from the point of view of the insurance company there is less chance of an early payout on a woman's life insurance than on a man's.

Then if you factor in an average of no less than 5 years extra premium payments, the difference doesn't seem quite as great.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

No advantage or disadvantage really, just different. A true male and female team complements one another.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Having a child of each I have found that yes they have a lower life insurance rate and a lower car insurance rate... But they have a higher health insurance rate... All those female issues. Males have a dirt cheap health rate and a terrible auto rate... Because young males don't get sick... They kill themselves in car accidents. So trying to justify a gender change based on an economic advantage or really any advantage of one sex of the others ludicrous.. Imho.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Of all the real answers on this Thread, the one by Karren H is by far the best. She stated the facts very succinctly. Being the father of both a boy and a girl myself I would definitely have to agree with her!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Women tend to get paid less than men so maybe that's why their premiums are lower to compensate.

they do say that a woman's work is never done - maybe that's why they get paid less......................

Just getting my coat!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.