Thread: Why are you looking at the sexy stuff

Why are you looking at the sexy stuff

I tell you, this week has been an eye opening experience for me. Watching two young ones (4 and 6) while the wife is out of town is really stressful. I took the kids out to dinner so I wouldn't have to cook and clean tonight and then I thought I would pop on over to the local Fred Meyer (similar to a Gemco if anyone remembers that store) to see what they had on sale.

Pushing them around the women's section to see their selection of clearance tops, skirts and dresses was only mildly painful while my daughter (4) asked "who are you buying these for?" I told her I hadn't decided who would get them yet and kept shopping. Then I headed for the tights and trouser socks and as soon as I step into the aisle with the cart my son (6) says very loudly "why are you looking at sexy stuff?" Of course there are a few women shopping in the area and they look up immediately. I asked him if he knew what that word meant and his reply was "it means sexy." Well since we had that cleared up, I decided to wander out of that area and into a less crowded place in the store.

He wouldn't let up. "Who is getting sexy stuff?" - noone. "Is that sexy stuff for mommy?" - I'm not getting anything from over there. "Does mommy wear sexy stuff like that ?" (under my breath - I wish) not a lot. "can we go back and get mommy some sexy stuff?" - Oh geez, give it a rest, noone is getting sexy stuff (much to my dismay) now leave it alone. "I'm gonna ask mommy for some sexy stuff when she gets home." Great, I am sure she will appreciate that.

Well that will be the last time I shop with my young children for Christy. Thankfully, the wife is back tomorrow evening and I can put this week behind me. Fortunately, there were so many other great memories with them that far outweigh the few misshaps I have mentioned in my last few posts...

Thanks for letting me vent.

I am totally lost for words! So funny, So embarrassing! So, so funny! Good luck!

W24Z.jpg

Christy - you do have a neuralizer, don't you? I thought the blackhole division at your wife's company made them.

Ha...They must have those under wraps. I haven't got one of those yet. I am afraid to ask unless maybe I already did...spooky.

Hello, my name is Lacey. Kittie's Avatar
    Your kids sound so adorable lol x

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U don't sound too worried, Christy. So, I assume your wife already knows about Christy?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    That has to be the Funniest story I've read on here,got tears in my eyes from laughing,I can just imagine you getting more and more Harassed,As the little guy let rip.Priceless

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Hi..

Had to laugh .. Hey youv got it wrong you can only take the girls out you know . & when i do & have done its the kids section , except if Jos is with me , Kids ...a....

...noeleena...

That is so funny. Your kids sound like real cheeky characters (in a good way )

lol aww that's so cute
    xoxo
    lulu~

kittiebites <~ fb me

Very cute, funny story, Christy.

It makes an important point though - it is around 4-6 years old that they start watching our every move. You'd be surprised what they store at that age.

Rodney Atkins has a great song, "Watching You," about very young children:

Artist/Band: Atkins Rodney
    Lyrics for Song: Watching You
    Lyrics for Album: If You're Going Through Hell

Drivin’ through town just my boy and me
    With a Happy Meal in his booster seat
    Knowin’ that he couldn’t have the toy ‘til his nuggets were gone.
    A green traffic light turned straight to red
    I hit my brakes and mumbled under my breath.
    His fries went a flyin’, and his orange drink covered his lap
    Well, then my four year old said a four letter word
    It started with “S” and I was concerned
    So I said, “Son, now where’d you learn to talk like that?”

Chorus:
    He said, "I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?
    I’m your buckaroo, I wanna be like you.
    And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.
    We got cowboy boots and camo pants
    Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad?
    I want to do everything you do.
    So I’ve been watching you."

We got back home and I went to the barn
    I bowed my head and I prayed real hard
    Said, “Lord, please help me help my stupid self.”
    Just this side of bedtime later that night
    Turnin’ on my son’s Scooby-Doo nightlight.
    He crawled out of bed and he got down on his knees.
    He closed his little eyes, folded his little hands
    Spoke to God like he was talkin’ to a friend.
    And I said, “Son, now where’d you learn to pray like that?”

Chorus:
    He said, "I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?
    I’m your buckaroo, I want to be like you.
    We like fixin’ things and holding momma’s hand
    Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad?
    I want to do everything you do; so I’ve been watching you"

With tears in my eyes I wrapped him in a hug.
    Said, “My little bear is growin’ up.”
    And he said, “But when I’m big I’ll still know what to do.”

"‘Cause I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?
    I’m your buckaroo, I want to be like you.
    By then I’ll be strong as superman
    We’ll be just alike, hey, won’t we dad
    When I can do everything you do.
    ‘cause I’ve been watchin’ you."
    hey yeah
    uh huh

[Thanks to pawdad@nts-online.net for lyrics]
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

There's a Ring Lardner quote from a story he wrote about traveling cross country with young kids in the '30s that seems appropriate; "Shut up, he explained."
    Incidentally, as a young kld, I was at the opening of the very first Fred Meyer in 1951.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Absolutely brilliant, kids are the funniest.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Your kids are great I really wish I had some grandchildren but my son is being extremely sluggish in that dept and considering his GF lives in Japan and he's in the UK not much is likely to happen in that area for a while LOL ...............
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

"Have you flashy thinged me?!?!?"

Christy, as annoying as it all was, it's very far removed from being a bad memory. This is a WONDERFUL memory! Definitely one to treasure! And yes, it's time to stop Christy shopping with them. I learned that relatively recently too, though not quite as dramatically. I was in a DSW with my wife and our kids. One of them (7) was with me as we wandered the store, and I drifted in to the size 11 women's clearance rack area. The kid, who enjoys helping mommy find pretty shoes, pipes up and says "Mommy doesn't wear size 11!"

Also, I read in this your 6 year old son is asking for sexy things? Sounds to me like you might have a crossdressing boy

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    He wouldn't let up. "Who is getting sexy stuff?" - noone. "Is that sexy stuff for mommy?" - I'm not getting anything from over there. "Does mommy wear sexy stuff like that ?" (under my breath - I wish) not a lot. "can we go back and get mommy some sexy stuff?" - Oh geez, give it a rest, noone is getting sexy stuff (much to my dismay) now leave it alone. "I'm gonna ask mommy for some sexy stuff when she gets home." Great, I am sure she will appreciate that.
    Ah, the straightforwardness of youth! You had me rolling on the floor laughing with this! One of my sons was persistent like him. LOL

... but have you considered there may be a reason why he is so focused on the sexy stuff and why he may want mommy to get him some of his own?
    Reine

Reminds of the time I ordered two dresses that were the same. One for wifey and one for me. Thought my young child was too young to get the difference between male and female. I dressed in front of my child most nights when my wife was at work. One Saturday evening my wife donned the dress I bought along with my dress. My child asked Mommy,"Momma, why are you wearing Daddie's dress?"
    That seemed to be the spark that seemed to ignite my wife's opposition to my CDing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christy_M View Post
    It's a good thing I wasn't drinking when I read this, or I'd have to wipe off my monitor. Too funny! Now I want to go out and get some "sexy stuff."