Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's in a name?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    To me the point is that if she is giving you the name Linda, she is accepting your other side. Couples often give there SO a pet name, so just go with it. The important thing is the love and acceptance.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Gold Member
    If you are not invested in the Mina AND if you are okay with the name Lynda; slam dunk. You need to be Lynda and let her start that level of acceptance. I do like someone's idea of Mina being your middle name. Tell her that you want to keep it as a middle name since that is the one you picked for yourself and you don't want to lose it.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My dear late wife suggested Stephanie to me when we were first married. Prior to that I had always used the name Sally, which I still like. But when your wife accepts your crossdressing to the point of giving you a female name...................well, what more can you ask?? Maybe with the change to Lynda!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Linda is nice. I like Mina, but I can't help thinking you might be found with horns chasing a Greek hero round a maze....

The avvy pic isn't me
    Happy wife = happy life, and like you and everyone has said the investment from her is too valuable to pass up.
    As for Mina sounding hookerish i don't see it at all, to me it just sounds kinda European. And i can tell i'm not a devotee of all things Dracula/vampire cause i don't get the connection with Mina?

Cassie

Okay so I got my name from what my family called me as a tease when I was little - It stuck. Point being that if someone cares enough to give you a name - heck, run with it. Linda is a very pretty name too.

I'm with the others. Happy wife, happy life.

Mina a hooker's name? no. But if you like Linda of whatever spelling, go for it. If you don't like that name, pick something you like. Remember, it goes on your ( deep reverb )PERMANENT RECORD.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Aspiring Member

a pretty name

Quote Originally Posted by minalost View Post
    “I think your female name should be Linda.”

Opinions?
    maybe your wife is giving you a compliment. If memory serves me, linda is Spanish is "pretty" as in muy linda=very pretty.
    And of course, there are a number of pretty Lndas--Linda Ronstadt, Linda Darnell. or maybe "Lindy"
    Anyway, if your wife likes it and is accepting of your dressing youi relly can't go wrong.

the happy camper
    I agree with the others about going along with your wife's suggestion.

Mina isn't a hooker's name, imo, but it is a bit exotic, hence more alluring. By giving you a name that is ordinary, she's making herself comfortable with your crossdressing, less threatened by it. That's to the good.

I vote for Mina. But hey, I'm not your wife...

Thank you all for your input. I told my wife last night that Lynda (going with the "y" spelling...) is a wonderful name. I hope that this will help to bring greater acceptance on her part.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Well Lynda, I can see that I'm too late (As ever ) but I was going to say that if you haven't got Mina tattooed anywhere go with your wife's suggestion.

And, to concur with others, it's pretty cool that she is with so accepting of you that she is helping to shape your identity

Zoe

One thing I like about being a crossdreser is the variety. I can reinvent myself everyday. I like my name Patti, which I picked because of this hot girl I knew in college. I wanted to look just like her. I just recently thought about changing my Cd name to Stacy (Fergie's real first name) because i want to look just like her lol! Of course I would spell it with an i. Anyway, use any name you want. That is the beauty of it all! You can change it when ever you feel like it without needing a new drivers license

Linda would be fine... it helps to bring you wife in to your crossdressing in a small way... then more things can open up.
    "Mina" is fine... it sounds like a nickname...
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Its great that you went with the wife's suggestion..I'm sure she is a bit more happier in your 'acceptance' of this I'm sure this will bring both even more closer if you need that..

I did a name change after showing pics to my ex while we were at lunch one day. She asked what was my name, I told her..she pondered and said, no, it doesn't fit you. She thought for a minute and then said Marissa...it sounded right..so I changed it. We don't communicate anymore, but that moment will always put a smile on my face.

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

You should change it to Lynda. Take the "Y" to "i" as your imput. Think about the big picture,
    most threads on the site deal with trying to get the SO/wife to accept our passion for living
    our femme side. It seems that your wife wants to be a major part - SO LET HER IN!

One of the most important tools in a person's identity toolbox is their name. That's why all the sales trainers and psychobabble experts advise us to remember a person's name, and address them with it often when conversing with them. So if the former is even partially true, it is reasonably safe to assume selecting a name is an important task in most peoples' minds.

Any decent divorce attorney or negotiator will tell you that "bargaining chips" play a crucial role in the negotiating process. One effective strategy is to convince your "adversary" that certain "items" you possess have great value to you, when in reality they do not. These items are then used to trade for items that do have value to you that your "adversary" controls.

An oversimplified and incomplete explanation, but hopefully enough to shed light on my point. If I found myself in your circumstances I would probably see your situation as presenting a window of opportunity that I would certainly not pass by. (Letting the SO pick your "name").

One of the advantages of being "single" is that these types of scenarios are all just "hypothetical" dilemmas for me (that I do not plan to turn into reality any time soon)... lol

just my “two sense”, you owe me a penny...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]