Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you go out sans makeup?

How many of you go out sans makeup?

I'm at the point where I feel having to wear so much makeup is really a pain in the ass, and in many situations, just too inconvenient to have to put it on to do whatever only to return home shortly after. (I work from home, so, I do whatever needs to be done, then come back home to work)

I've only been out once without makeup and don't recall feeling any different.. Certainly I'd definitely be read more without makeup, however, I'm not so certain I even give a sh-- if I'm read.. Certainly I look better with it, but damnit, it is a bother sometimes, lol.. I just want to be me and sometimes feel like all this makeup is for them, not me.. I mean, really, the makeup is to hide facial hair, hide perceived flaws, hide the "male", and look "prettier" and well, yes, of course I want to be pretty and look feminine, but wtf.. GG go without makeup all the time and I'm thinking "F it" and want to just go out without makeup because I'm who I am with or without it, so, no difference other than appearance really.

How many of you go out often without makeup to do errands or whatever? I don't mean like out to dinner or whatever, just the pain in the ass crap people need to do, like run to wherever to pay a bill, or run out and get milk or something.. little things.. or even going place to place doing multiple errands..

Anyway, sorry for the rambling..
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 02-19-2011 at 09:47 AM.

I don't know any female that goes without at least some makeup. The thing is they are doing it in such a way it looks like they are NOT wearing makeup. My GG does it a lot. It is a skill. One I don't get cause I have seen her without makeup and she is not that bad looking without it.
    I have done some shoots minus foundation, and what I notice is there is more shine to my face, that actually detracts from the look, and I don't like that.

Ironically, I don't wear makeup out and about most of the time because of what other people want. They don't want a male wearing makeup, and since I am wearing items of clothing that are still for some reason considered only for women, I just don't push the boundaries. I like how makeup can make one look, but also understand the pain in the a@@ it can be.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Lita the next step is to wear pajama bottoms, flip-flops, a tee shirt and your hair pulled back through a ball cap as you run your errands. If your goal is simplicity, you are on your way. Don't get me wrong, if it's too much work and you feel comfortable, give it a shot. I, on the other hand, NEED at least some makeup or I can't look at myself in the mirror without curses and teeth-gnashing. But I'm beginning to find that simple can get me where I need to be. Just brows, mascara, a little powder and enough lipstick to leave a mark on my coffee cup and it's all good.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Lita the next step is to wear pajama bottoms, flip-flops, a tee shirt and your hair pulled back through a ball cap as you run your errands.
    OMG... YUCK!! I hate pajamas and flip flops, lol

Silver Member
    I no longer wear makeup. I used to, but not any more. Lipstick is all. I can remember wearing TONS of makeup, but that was 30 or more years ago. I visited Montreal for a few days this week and felt so sophisticated that I tried to put on some mascara. The mascara was so old that it didn't work very well.

If you don't want to, don't. But most girls wear at least something. I like my lipstick and wear it all day every day.

S

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I know right where you're at, it seems the only thing that I really like is the mascara. I never got the knack for doing the rest no matter how much I practiced.

Lisa

I used to all the time when I was 18-21, but that's mainly because it took until 22 for my facial hair to really develop where I was having to shave every morning. Before that, my facial hair was sparse enough that I could go up to 36 hours without shaving and still keep that natural look. These days, I only go out without makeup if its a quick errand, like down to the post office to check my P.O. Box, or the gas station to grab a soda; basically, anything that's going to be quicker than the 15-20 minutes I would devote to doing my make-up.

I used to go out all the time all made up...but now I use primer, foundation, mascara, and lip stuff. And I feel pretty good about.
    Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.

Gold Member
    There are two parts to this in my opinion. The first is beard cover and the second is appearance enhancement. If you are just running out real quick, the appearance enhancement can be an easy thing to skip for some. It is just a few chores and you aren't doing a photo shoot. The beard coverage may be more important to some just to minimize the possibility of stares. And if you don't care about that either, then you are all set.

Comfortable to be me PortiaHoney's Avatar
    Sue has hit the nail on the head. The biggest tell is the beard shadow. If you want to go out without makeup - you better not look like Homer Simpson - unless you like the looks.

I am so glad that the 12 months of laser treatment has finally solved that problem for me. I had an experience 2 weeks ago where it was so hot (middle of summer here), my face got sweaty and the foundation just fell off in clumps. I came home and redid my makeup, but it didn't matter what I did, it just wouldn't sit properly. So, I bit the bullet, cleaned it all off, just put on some moisturiser, mascara and lippy and went back to work. I had lots of comments that my look was far more natural and that I should wear very little more often.

Don't get me wrong. I still love wearing makeup, the prettier the better, but it is great having the option not to have to hide behind the mask every day just because I am afraid that people will figure out my little secret.
    Freedom to be an individual is all powerful

I did use full makeup when I wore skirts in public... now with just jeans and tops and ear rings I rarely wear it... sometimes I put on a hint of mascara and a hint of eyeshadow, and a hint of lip gloss... I do use Olay skin care products... and I wear nail polish...

I have to agree wearing make-up every time you go out is a time consuming chore! I always wear some, but many times not enough to hide the beard! The answer is in this song I always sing! (If you don't like the way I'm live'n you just leave this long haired country "girl" alone!)

For just running around I can get away with just a close shave, lipstick and sun glasses even without a close shave it's OK as my beard is stwberry red and doesn't show. I know it's a pain but I think all women wear a little make up all the time and after all GG's can get away with it! because there not trying to pass they are. We on the other hand we just do what we have to -- but yes it is a pain Debra

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    Lita the next step is to wear pajama bottoms, flip-flops, a tee shirt and your hair pulled back through a ball cap as you run your errands.
    It is a slippery slope. First you lose the makeup, what's next? Then It will be too much trouble to shave your legs and underarms... comb you hair brush your teeth... omg. The only thing worse than pajama bottoms is jeans all the time.

Of all the GG's in my life there is not enough makeup to hide a zit Adding all my mother, sisters, wife, and daughters not one of them wears make up. We all live a rather informal lives. And on top of all that, my own beard is light enough so that a simple good shave is good for two days for sure and stretch it to three. In spite all of all this "non makeup wearing" I do get it out on occasion.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    Certainly I look better with it, but damnit, it is a bother sometimes, lol.. I just want to be me and sometimes feel like all this makeup is for them, not me.. I mean, really, the makeup is to hide facial hair, hide perceived flaws, hide the "male", and look "prettier" and well, yes, of course I want to be pretty and look feminine, but wtf.. GG go without makeup all the time and I'm thinking "F it" and want to just go out without makeup because I'm who I am with or without it, so, no difference other than appearance really.
    Lita, Sometimes i can just wear a little foundation and powder, some lipstick, and maybe mascara. That is because i lasered the dark hair off my face. No shadow.

You are taking this transition pretty seriously as per your past few posts, so i would recomend laser since you are young and most of the facial hair would be removed.

unfortunately i started late and have a good deal of white hair left over, but once i shave, it is invisible for hours on end.

This way all you need is a quick once over to head out for your errands. Yes you want to look pretty, and yes it is for the others...thats the way a woman thinks..its the guys that don't really care what they look like. so put on your makeup !!!

hugs

msniki48
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Banned Read only
    If you want to look bland like hospital food tastes then don't put much on, you know how the yucky looking women look that dress like some construction guys look, but if you want to look attractive, pretty and like a woman should look then put on the makeup. It should take you 10 minutes max. Didn't I read a while back you wanted to go full time? You are blessed to look very nice in your pictures, so why halfa** it, makeup is part of being a woman. Enjoy the dramatic change it brings, Women are allowed to do this, men can't. So quitcha whinnin and be the pretty woman you can be!!! Having thought about it since writing this, I can see your point, so damn if I know.
    Last edited by deebra; 02-19-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: change mind

Well, the other thing too, as Portia mentioned, is heat, and with summer coming up, I'm concerned with running into the problem of runny makeup sliding off.. also, I want to go to the beach, and if I decide to jump in the water, well, the makeup is going to wash off anyway and of all the times I've been to the beach, not once ever do I recall seeing anyone wearing foundation.. If it were not for the facial hair, I could skip concealer and foundation. I intend on eventually going for electrolysis and laser, just waiting to clear up some debt first.. Hopefully sometime in Apr or May I can do my first session.. I want to do it now, but just can't.

Also, the other thing bugging me is the sun.. when it's a bright and sunny day, it does not look so good, all this concealer and foundation and it would be nice if I could just skip all that and just do my eyes and lips.

Anyway, here I am with no makeup.. except eye liner on bottom lid.

Anyway, when I start electrolysis and laser, I think I'm gonna start with the upper lip first... wish there was a way to eliminate it all in one bang or two, but no such luck

Oh.. and speaking of Summer coming up.... would having light tanning on face make facial hair less visible, or more visible?
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 02-19-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My dear late wife started doing Stephanie's makeup right after we married. When she passed away 6 years ago, I decided that I would go out dressed as Stephanie but with no makeup and no wig. I have been doing that for 6 years now, and I go everywhere like that!! Sure, I look like the man that I am, but I don't care. I am a man, and I do dress like a female! So what!!

Lits, you have a nice feminine face!! I do not, and really need makeup to look at all feminine!!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 02-19-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

fierce glamazon
    after i finish lasering my beard i will barely wear makep. cant wait!

as much as I would like to wear what ever I want, when ever I want, I must admit that obvious girl clothes look a bit funny with my beard shadow and balding head.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    as much as I would like to wear what ever I want, when ever I want, I must admit that obvious girl clothes look a bit funny with my beard shadow and balding head.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.. I would never be able to go out en femme without a wig... unless of course I want to be emulating skinhead oconnor... "cause nothing compares to youuuuuuuuu..."

At least put some foundation on for color and feminize a bit with lipstick...and it wouldn't hurt to throw on a splash of shadow and mascara...Takes all of 5 minutes...worth it!

Going out enfemme without makeup would be like going out enfemme in jeans. Never going to happen. Hassle or not.... If I can't look my best then I'll stay home.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, even in male mode I would not leave home without makeup (concealer, foundation, powder). I would not even check my mail without it (and I live in a condo). I feel embarrased to open my door to the UPS guy without concealer and lipbalm (and I don't even think he's hot).

What I like the most about being en femme is makeup I do my makeup before I dress. I do not see the point to be en femme if you do not try to be as pretty as you can. And you'ld always look better with a hint of makeup. A pretty full face makeup can be done in 10 minutes (I do not have facial hair to hide though, but I do put falsies each time I am enfemme).
    Last edited by PetiteZoé; 02-19-2011 at 11:53 PM.