Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle or Hobby ?

Lifestyle or Hobby ?

Hi girls, I've got to thinking wether my CD'ing is a lifestyle or hobby and it appears to me that as I wear womens clothes 24/7 then this is a lifestyle. It would appear to me that a hobby is something you do in your sparetime just because you want to but to me CD'ing is something I have to do there is no choice in it for me I would be very unhappy if I couldn't wear womens clothes, what do you girls think are you "lifestyle" or "hobby"....................
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Definitely a hobby for me given the small amount of time I devote to it. I have too good of a life going to make it anything more than a hobby and I'm perfectly fine with that.

It’s not a hobby for me it’s a lifestyle. Suzy is who I am. But I don’t dress 24/7 because I enjoy my other life as a man sometimes.
    So what dose that make me Gina, a split personality perhaps?
    Over to you.

A confused SUZY.

Follow your dream.
    It's more of a hobby for me based on the fact that I'm married with kids so I have very little time for myself. I know that deep down, if I had the freedom, it could easily be a lifestyle. But alas, it isn't.

Yup Suzy definitely a split personality I used to be like that but now I'm in two minds about it !! LOL. Seriously probably not much different to a GG that likes to wear masculine style clothes at times..............

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

You crack me up Gina. But a GG that likes to wear men’s clothes sometimes is spot on! You have just psychoanalyzed me! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    You crack me up Gina. But a GG that likes to wear men’s clothes sometimes is spot on! You have just psychoanalyzed me! Wow!
    Have you been drinking the fizzy pop again ?? It is a gift I'm used to dealing with loonies !! LOL

If I could choose it would be a lifestyle but for right now it is a hobby

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Crossdressing is definitely a hobby for me, since I have been a man since birth. As I have said repeatedly, I have no desire to be a woman. I just like to wear their clothes!! I do dress at leat somewhat almost every day, but if not no big loss!! There is always tomorrow!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

IT'S A LIFE STYLE for me! I wouldn't change it if I could! And to Suzy: Your just saying that because it's TRUE!

For me it is a lifestyle..no two ways about it, I fought the battle long enough so to me it is who I am and who I was ment to be

Silver Member
    It is more of a hobby for me. It means more to me than, say, fishing for someone who likes to fish, and it is an important part of my being. At the same time, it is only one facet of my being, and only something I do occasionally.

For me it is a time defined hobby event, that I wish was a lifestyle one. I have a very non-tolerant wife who violently opposes my other side but the need is overpowering even this fierce opposition!
    Gillian.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Definitely a lifestyle for me

For me it's a hobby as I hardly have any alone time to dress, but we'll see what happens when I find my own place

I would rather it be a lifestyle, but right now all I get is some hobby time.

Right now it's just a hobby, but it seems as I get older I want to dress more so maybe one day it will become a lifestyle.

Absolutely a lifestyle for this gal.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Dressed to please someone
    For me feminity and crossdressing are so essential parts of me and thus something deeper than just hobby or lifestyle, regardless of whether I'm dressed or not.

Banned Read only
    Right now I devote as much time as possible to Stephanie. I get to dress seven hours each day, Monday through Friday. If I were able to switch, I'd dress 24/7 en femme. Then I'd have to cross-dress as a male to get manly chores done. A male cross-dressing as a woman, cross-dressing as a man??? Something akin to Victor/Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Right now I devote as much time as possible to Stephanie. I get to dress seven hours each day, Monday through Friday. If I were able to switch, I'd dress 24/7 en femme. Then I'd have to cross-dress as a male to get manly chores done. A male cross-dressing as a woman, cross-dressing as a man??? Something akin to Victor/Victoria
    You need to be careful Stephanie you could meet yourself coming back and then you won't know who you are !! LOL

For me, it is neither a hobby or a lifestyle. It is an imperative. I am therefore I must.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    For me, it is neither a hobby or a lifestyle. It is an imperative. I am therefore I must.
    Yes I should have made it a three way choice to be clearer but I did mean lifestyle to cover your and Anouk's and anybody else's situation, probably a wrong choice of word ..............

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Is it hobby?......hummm....this is maybe a good way of putting it when I'm trying to explain CDing to someone when I'm not quite sure what their reaction might be ... or perhaps this is the term I'd expect someone to say back to me when they don't really understand what CDing is for me.

You see, for me, I'd have to say it's a bit more serious than a hobby. A hobby is what I used to tell myself it was before I accepted what it really actually is for me. It effects me emotionally too much to be a hobby, I'd have to say that for me it's an integral part of who I am. I know I can't be happy without incorporating it into my everyday life. Lifestyle? .. not really as that implies it's a "style" I choose to do and even though you could argue I chosse to dress, I don't really as stopping brings all sorts of problems for me regarding how I feel about myself.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I'm amazed that this thread made it 21 replies before someone pointed out that, for many (most? all?) of us, CDing is not really an option. Many take exception to the term "lifestyle" as they feel that it implies that a choice exists and "hobby"... well, let's not go there.

However, as someone who isn't much afraid of words, I'd have to classify myself in the hobby category. I don't have the skills or opportunity to dress well or often, so I do what I can, when I can, around my other obligations.

Perhaps a better way to put it is:

"As femme as possible under the circumstances."