Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle or Hobby ?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I'm not sure, Gina. Maybe u can tell me?

Dressing for me now is a COMPULSION! I simply MUST DRESS!

However, I have little or no desire to go out in public as Sherry and I'm VERY CONTENT to dress twice a month!

So, u tell me! "hobby or lifestyle?"
    Or possibly, there r MORE than just those 2 choices!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Dressing for me now is a COMPULSION! I simply MUST DRESS!

However, I have little or no desire to go out in public as Sherry and I'm VERY CONTENT to dress twice a month!

So, u tell me! "hobby or lifestyle?"
    Or possibly, there r MORE than just those 2 choices!?
    I don't know Sherry all I do know is it is more of a compulsion for me that I have very little or no choice in. Which is why I posed the question as some others seem to be able to pick it up when they want to and aren't driven by the same compulsion to do it all the time as I am...............
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I describe myself to others as similar to a Civil War reenactor, only I want to be the woman I would be if I had been born a woman. It's something that I love to do, but I am not, nor wish to be, full time. It is an intrigal part of who I am but not all of who I am. It's not a lifestyle, but it's more than a hobby.

I don't think I would succeed as a women now as I am a man who loves his wife. No interest in the male sex. I underdress 24/7. And I only dress totally up a couple times a month. This is my lifestyle...

For me it is a not a lifestyle - That implies that I have a choice. Besides ya all got to admit that men's clothes are simply dreadful .
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Even though I do not dress often, it's a life-long desire to dress and act feminine. To me, a hobby is something I could give up. Dressing, as most of us know is something we can never give up if we wanted to.
    So even though my dressing is at a minimal for now, due to ( I think) missing my SO that lives 1200 miles away. Could be other contributing factors too. But since I can't completely give up crossdressing, to me it is a lifestyle. Dressing 24/7 does not have to be a factor to make it a lifestyle IMHO.
    So call it what you will based on your own definition of "lifestyle" and "hobby".

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    This post is most likely going to get me really flamed!! As those who read the previous posts on this thread know, I have said that crossdressing is a hobby with me! A "lifestyle" denotes something that is done usually because it has to be done!! As Brandy said, we all have to dress because we can't quit! But that doesn't mean we have to dress enfemme!! If you were born a man, you can dress like a man if YOU want to! Unless you are on female hormones and probably have had SRS surgery, or are going to have it! If you haven't done any of those things, the only thing stopping you from dressing as a male is yourself!! You have to use your own brainpower!! I did it for 5 years, until my dear wife begged me start crossdressing again!! So I know it can be done!! Don't say that you have to crossdress, unless you are already a TS, or a pre-TS. Because otherwise, you can stop if YOU want to!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I guess I'd have to say it's a hobby for me. I enjoy trying to look as feminine as possible at times, but for me it's always more about choices. If I could wear anything I wanted, skirts, stockings, heels, lacy, satiny, etc. as male in everyday life (say to work?) I'd be very happy.

Hobby. I would spend an awful lot of time being en-femme 24/7, and I think it would push out all my other hobbies. I don't want it to control my whole life!

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I'm amazed that this thread made it 21 replies before someone pointed out that, for many (most? all?) of us, CDing is not really an option. Many take exception to the term "lifestyle" as they feel that it implies that a choice exists and "hobby"... well, let's not go there.

"As femme as possible under the circumstances."
    Well stated. For the ease of the the thread thogh and an "easy" answer, I'd have to say lifestyle. I'm happily married, with two kids and third ont he way, and am blessed witha wife that is both understanding and supportive. I also have a really close friend with five kids and is fully transitioned. Where i lie in that spectrum is still widely open for debate, but I am very happy with who I am now!

It started out as a passtime for me, but marrying an accepting and supporting wife has gave it a shove into a becomming a lifestyle!

The fact that I go out in public places like supermarkets, restaurants, movie theatres, Starbucks while en femme ain't no hobby for me, it is me......though just a part of me, perhaps half of me but I'm out there nonetheless.

Hobby is when I sail on my sailboat, or play my guitar, and buy vintage guitars.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 02-19-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Awful serious hobby for this girl! lol..I won't give it up even if I could! lol

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Dont forget Fetish. That fits for some CDs.

Hobby or lifestyle? Hmm, that's a difficult question. I sleep in panties every night, and every morning, after putting on the coffee and showering, I put on a fresh pair of panties and a bra w/breast forms. Then, depending on what is on the agenda for he day, I either fully dress en femme, or change into drab if I have to go out for some reason. So it's more than a hobby, but I really don't know whether it's a lifestyle or not. I mean, I never feel any irresistable compulsion to dress, I just do it. But if for some reason, I can't...well, I can live with that with no problem. Now, if I had a choice? Oh yeah, totally en femme all the time.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Hobby for me. I just enjoy the look and the feel of being en femme, and although I would like to take my hobby further, I have no desire to do it 24/7.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

The correct category for my dressing would be hobbyist, but it is still a meaningful and important part of me. To make an analogy, I also like to play tennis, and if I don't get to play once a week or so my body starts to feel sluggish. Likewise, if I don't get to dress once a week or so there is an emotional part of me that starts to feel sluggish.

Even though I don't go out fully dressed, I could easily call it a lifestyle, as I prefer being dressed at all times while home, and partially while out. I don't plan on ever changing, and if anything, I think I become more daring every day. As a part of this, I shun the possibility of relationships in general, and am certainly not looking. I could give it up...temporarily...if somehow the perfect person fell into my life and I wasn't certain if and when I could tell them. However, I would never purge, on the assumption that my desire to dress up would eventually win out over any relationship.
    Last edited by Anneliese; 02-20-2011 at 08:16 AM.

For me, my crossdressing fulfills neither hobby nor lifestyle, it is much more fundamental to my being. I have battled and lost so many times with my need to dress and therefore conclude it is not subject to choice, it is part of how I am configured and I would not be real in denying it to myself, Leah

of the only two choices i would be on the lifestyle side.
    but for me it is more a need then a choice. it is just part of me, like breathing.
    i rarely put on men things, almost all womens, (except for required work clothing).

and here i sit wishing i could have talked my cancer Dr into giving me hormones instead of cutting me open.

Lifestyle for sure, im transgendered so It`s in me

It's more than a hobby, but less than a lifestyle for me. Here's why: I will not transition, as much as I'd like to be female. I am committed to my marriage and my current lifestyle. I don't go out much, preferring the safety and anonymity of my own home. As such, I like wearing feminine attire and emulating women when I do so. So it's rendered itself into an elaborate hobby because I will not elevate it to a lifestyle. If I were to allow it, it would easily blossom into a lifestyle, and I don't think I want that.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

HI Ginax . i would say it is a life style . i go to work with girls clothes on under my work clothes. when i get home i put on girl clothes but not a skirt a pair of ladys trousers
    love deanna

Even though I don't dress fully or try to present as a woman my cross-dressing is definitely a very strong part of who I am as a person , I'm not sure how to label it but it is a constant part of my life.
    Tomara

I do not relate to my cross dressing as a hobby or lifestyle. I view my cross dressing as a second life, that allows me to be in both worlds. I enjoy my life as a male and I will not give that up especially being a husband and father. However, when I have the desire and opportunity, I cross dress to experience life as a women. As I gain more life experiences as Lisa, I am building this second life, and allowing Lisa to grow. I hope some of you can relate to this way of thinking

Take care,
    Lisa,