Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facebook?

here's one thing that bothers me about fb it picks up your friends associated with the email provided, which sucks cos even if u don't friend those peeps you still show up on the "people you might know list..."

had to make a clean email address that's not linked to the boy in my life lol.
    xoxo
    lulu~

kittiebites <~ fb me

I had two separate feminine FB accounts but there was so much silliness, games and requests, etc. I decided to get rid of them as I had better things to do then pussyfoot around on that all day.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i have been on fb for a while for my female self along with my male profile and have not had any problems with mix ups. like others have said just watch your settings and if you need to use a different browser for both sides to keep from having problems. i have a log of friends on fb that crossdress

feel free to add me if you like on there just let me know your from this site and i will help you meet others also

http://www.facebook.com/missd.r.martin

Quote Originally Posted by Tania_aCrossdresser View Post
    Nope, not me. I was never one to follow the crowd anyway
    Same here. If I have time to check CD.com every couple of days for interesting threads, I'm doing well. I don't know how people have time for hours on FB. They must be better time managers than me! I'm always working, thankfully.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OccasionalSkirt View Post
    Question is: does anyone else have to keep there feminine selves separate, and how do they do it with a Facebook account?
    I don't since I deleted my old account, but for about a year to 18 months, I had to keep everything completely separate.

The first rule is to use a different email address and telephone number for your femme self to the one that you use for your drab self.

Next, do not friend your drab self and your femme self.

If you have friends who know both sides of you, agree which side they will friend on facebook. I had three people came into this category, so I accepted their request as me and deleted the friendship with him.

If someone still manages to follow through by checking out friends of friends, you must decide how much you trust them. If they are already a friend to your drab self, either don't accept or see rule 3.

If you want to put pictures on your femme account, make sure they do not look to much like your drab self.

Don't put giveaway information such as schools and workplaces on your femme profile.

With no common links, how is someone going to know that you are him and he is you?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    I don't since I deleted my old account, but for about a year to 18 months, I had to keep everything completely separate.

The first rule is to use a different email address and telephone number for your femme self to the one that you use for your drab self.

Next, do not friend your drab self and your femme self.

If you have friends who know both sides of you, agree which side they will friend on facebook. I had three people came into this category, so I accepted their request as me and deleted the friendship with him.

If someone still manages to follow through by checking out friends of friends, you must decide how much you trust them. If they are already a friend to your drab self, either don't accept or see rule 3.

If you want to put pictures on your femme account, make sure they do not look to much like your drab self.

Don't put giveaway information such as schools and workplaces on your femme profile.

With no common links, how is someone going to know that you are him and he is you?
    Excellent advice, Rianna.
    GO SABRES
    LET'S GO BANDITS

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002059017021

Please mention this forum when requesting me, or your request will be ignored.

Well, in as much a I am in the process of transition I am also transitioning all of my various web presences as well. All but a few of my male web identities are gone (I need the few that remain for work and legal stuff, at least until I have a legal name change), and the only FB account I have is as Michelle.

I think you can mitigate adverse consequences by having strict privacy settings, but I also keep some of my personal details vague to prevent accidental outing until I am ready to out myself.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I love FaceBook and have met some of the nicest people ever there. But I have a lot of women friends that I've met through a number of forums. I do have strict friendship guidelines too. See my latest friendship rant o FB. Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. Call me what you want... Like I could give a rats ass..... But you break my personal rules you will be defriended in a heart beat.

I get so pissed I'm not taking any more friends...
    Awesome. You're entertaining as always. friends panties shots lol.
    I would friend you on facebook, but I'm probably too much of a *****

All of my *****ish displays are out in public though, involving other people. I would never do anything like panty shots on fb
    I am not in any sort of closet and have a bunch of my RL friends on my account

i have a facebook account for my male side and female side
    I'm just a simple someone trying to figure life out.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I know people who have been friends all through H.S. and college and live in the same general area who chat by phone, text and social networking and haven't bothered to get together face to face for months on end. And frankly it shows in everyday society, we have lost the will to be social humans except for when safely behind 4 walls.

Don't get me wrong, i understand the value for staying in touch with folks in the next time zone, but we are so rediculously leashed to electronic gadgets these days it is sad.

I was convinced to go on FB once, fresh out of rehab, the first 10 people who popped up on the screen were friends from H.S. who i used and drank with, that lasted all of ten minutes. I've never went back. And since being on the CD/TG community forums i bet i've read more than a dozen threads about people getting outed.

Sorry, rant over, you all have fun and best of luck. I like talking face to face with folks.
    Cassie

note: tin-foil hat is not required for using FB.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I agree COMPLETELY, Karren! Yuck! Stinky old panties!

---------------------- Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. I get so pissed I'm not taking any more friends...
    Which is why Sherry only wears panties on THIS site! NOT on FB!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I closed my male account to make sure I didn't screw things up. I have had no trouble with my Michelle facebook account.
    Michelle

I would be very very careful with these accounts and especially pictures. As far as I know, the provider usually receives ownership on the pics. You'll never be able to track the pictures where they went.

Personally I'm not into collecting friends... The fastest to 5000 wins!! I'm on Facebook to socialize since after all its a social network... Liking to wear the same clothing alone in not a good basis for a long tern friendship, imho.
    I'm with you there. My fb friends list is pruned on a fairly regular basis.

I also put a note on my profile asking people to say why they want to "friend" me. This apparently upset someone who - without mentioning that they knew me through cd.com - expected me to know why they had sent me the request. IMNSHO if someone can't be bothered to pay the courtesy of a straight reply to a polite question, they are not likely to be the sort of person I want as an fb friend.

One thing I do, which may or may not be different to Karren is I check my friends list to see if I have been neglecting a friendship.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 02-23-2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: sp

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    note: tin-foil hat is not required for using FB.
    LOL! Best thing I've read this week!

Wynonna has a FB account, my evil twin does not. I hope to put "him" away for good one day anyway...

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    oh here we go, on my facebook info

job title: Artist
    job description: Primarily dancing and blowjobs

lmao

i have a facebook page. if anyone wants to add me, message me and i will give you the link to my page (which is private).
    <3 Jenny

I have a fb account...Arianna Heels, mention this forum in the add request.

To this point I've managed to make do with one Facebook account and Dani's photos only available to a handful of people. I may consider doing a second Facebook account, but I'm wary of that "Friends You May Know" feature.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Like others have said, be careful with what browsers and email you use if you juggle two facebook accounts (and especially if your SO, kids, etc use your computer).

I've chosen not to have a FB account for Lisa. I had a Myspace for her years ago, but that's when I was single and was using the account to find people to socialize with. However, I have had more than a few of my transgender friends' girl accounts show up in my "suggested friends" with my male account. The only reason this would happen (I assume) is because we've exchanged emails through my gmail account (I long ago got rid of my "girl" account and just consolidated...since I'm out to my SO and friends there's no reason to have a double life anymore).

Not trying to make anyone paranoid, but if you're concerned about the risk of being outed, Facebook is about as public of a place as it can get...WAY worse than Myspace was.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I was thinking about this, after I first replied. I still maintain a fire wall between my male and female and have no crosstalk, but I was thinking about if I did make a mistake and realised it would be all or nothing. On my male FB I have close friends from several different spheres, workmates, schoolfriends and family members. I'd be well and truly outed if that was to happen LOL (I do have a link to my female Second Life avatar though, but she's a comedian in SL so, apart from the fact that she is a short, redhaired smart mouth, there is nothing to connect us LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
    I have had more than a few of my transgender friends' girl accounts show up in my "suggested friends" with my male account. The only reason this would happen (I assume) is because we've exchanged emails through my gmail account
    Well, yes, if you feed email addresses to facebook, their server will try to match those email addresses and present them to you as people you might know. The server cannot tell that the email address you gave it is one that you would rather not associate with the account you used to upload the address.

I ran two accounts for roughly 18 months and the only cross-pollination was where people knew both sides of me already. As stated above, I accepted all three as Rianna then deleted their friendship with Robert. Once the link to Robert was broken, no-one could use them to find me accidentally.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 02-24-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Gold Member
    I keep mine well separated as they are run under different OSs. I run Linux on my laptop or Linux under Windows on my desktop. Linux is for Sue, ugly Windows for him. But my biggest thing with Facebook is work is to never know anything. And I just don't mean about my CDing, I don't friend anyone from work. Just don't want to go there.