Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook?

Facebook?

I'm really leaning towards getting a Jen a facebook account, BUT I am absolutely petrified of the consequences. I keep Jen's life and my life rather separate.

Question is: does anyone else have to keep there feminine selves separate, and how do they do it with a Facebook account?

I am just starting my facebook adventure. I'm going to keep it conservative for now and keep from posting too much information and/or pictures. The plan is to keep the picture posts limited to this site (once I get the confidence to post pictures ). The trick for me is making sure I'm logged onto the right account before sharing anything . . . some of Jenny's posts/likes might be tough to explain to my other friends.

Good luck . . . (without sounding desperate, would love to friend more gals from this site, feel free to send me an invite. Just mention crossdressers.com. -- Jennifer Dawn : jenny_geek72@yahoo.com)

I have one for Sarah and one for Scott. Sarah has a lot of followers, Scott has only a few. It is a great place to be adventurous, take pictures and explore this side of you, as well as learn how many like minded people are out there. It will blow your mind! Just set your privacy settings accordingly and enjoy!

Aspiring Member
    i heard that there is a "HTTPS" desiganation that makes your pesonal informationa safer ?
    something about if your at some bestro call your freinds on their wifi post at face book "hey blablblbalbalb comeon over"
    the deal is anything that goes through the bestro's "free" wireless can be skimed for information advertizing sales uses ..??? any truth to that?

worse than big brother watching you big busiisness is watching you!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have 2 Facebook accounts. Started Robert's over a year ago. He has about 20 friends.
    Started Sherry's this summer. She has about 200 friends! And, new ones coming in daily! I have NO problems with overlaps or mix ups! However, I have registered them with DIFFERENT servers as well as different addresses. Does that make a difference? Don't know!

The thing about Facebook is; u seem to be able to submit ANY PICTURES U WANT! No nudity restrictions!

But, I wonder why folks want to see ALL of Sherry so much more than a fully clothed Robert? Go figure!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just be sure to check your privacy settings regularly. A few years ago when I was using myspace they updated their site and some privacy settings were disabled. My SO's profile was visible to everyone for a few days and she didn't know until I told her about it.

Hopefully this won't happen with Facebook, but you never know. Mistakes do happen.
    Reine

I've got a facebook account I've got a link to at the bottom of my sig. I keep my male and female ones separate, and there's no crosstalk at all (for the forseeablle future at least. but maybe not one day...). My male FB page had a lot of friends, but Debs has quite a few considering how inactive she generally is on the site. I have noticed you do get a lot of "pervy" friend requests, by which I mean seedy guys looking for a hookup. Feel free to add me though
    Last edited by DebsUK; 02-21-2011 at 03:31 AM. Reason: typo

I have a link in my signature too! Same goes for adding me

Michelle has her own facebook .I was defriended by one of our goody two shoes on here because she didn't like what a girl posted on my wall which was good anyway because shes a little full of herself and was using facebook like twitter and thought we needed to know her every move.I think you would like a she account.Just don't get the two mixed up.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    I have a facebook account, as does my identical twin brother.

Our profiles are blatantly connected. I was going to say that there were about a dozen friends in common, then I checked and there are 35!

I tend to accept friend requests only if I can figure out where they know me from. I occasionally remove people who have added me but never interacted with me, usually after 6 months or more. It is about social networking, after all, not just collecting friends so that your friend count is huge.

By the way, there are most certainly nudity restrictions on Facebook. They include, for example, no genitals or female nipples. If someone complains about a photo (reports it), it will be checked by a facebook employee and, if inappropriate, deleted and the uploader warned. If nobody complains, the photos will remain even if they are against the rules.

i've been thinking about making a page for Ashlee, now I see others have done similar so I'll probably go ahead.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I have a separate account *kinda* connected to my Dawna persona on Facebook. I always log out of one account before logging in to the other, but my regular male profile showed up in a "People You May Know" window in my Dawna account once...

I tend to accept friend requests only if I can figure out where they know me from. I occasionally remove people who have added me but never interacted with me, usually after 6 months or more. It is about social networking, after all, not just collecting friends so that your friend count is huge.
    I have a friend like that. He has close to 1,100 "friends" on FB. At least 300 of them are people he doesn't know, and another 250 are inanimate/intangible objects...
    Last edited by Dawna Ellen Bays; 02-21-2011 at 07:36 AM.

I love FaceBook and have met some of the nicest people ever there. But I have a lot of women friends that I've met through a number of forums. I do have strict friendship guidelines too. See my latest friendship rant o FB. Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. Call me what you want... Like I could give a rats ass..... But you break my personal rules you will be defriended in a heart beat.

I get so pissed I'm not taking any more friends...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just be careful if your SO does not know. I found out about my SO through friends on his page. He had linked his other self to the page and when I pulled up her profile low and behold I find a pic of my SO en femme. The good thing is I did not fly off the handle (I did freak a little at first). It gave me some time to digest what she was going through and how I wanted to deal with it. The Moral is we always know when there is another woman but we may not know who the woman is.
    Last edited by GG Kathy; 02-21-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: forgot a word

Quote Originally Posted by OccasionalSkirt View Post
    I'm really leaning towards getting a Jen a facebook account, BUT I am absolutely petrified of the consequences. I keep Jen's life and my life rather separate.

Question is: does anyone else have to keep there feminine selves separate, and how do they do it with a Facebook account?
    That's funny Jen because I just really started to get going. My male facebook has tons of stuff, so I've been worried about the exact thing you're talking about. Anyway, I set my privacy settings real tight and I'm going to take it slow in the beginning and see what happens!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I love FaceBook and have met some of the nicest people ever there. But I have a lot of women friends that I've met through a number of forums. I do have strict friendship guidelines too. See my latest friendship rant o FB. Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. Call me what you want... Like I could give a rats ass..... But you break my personal rules you will be defriended in a heart beat.

I get so pissed I'm not taking any more friends...

Caution: wearing jeans will cause Karren to defriend you.

I have a f.b. account as well, it is totally seperate from my other f.b. account, I never use mine that much though.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Like the other girls have stated creating a facebook account and keeping it secret is doable...just keep a close tab on your security settings...and if you are going to post a profile pic, just keep it simple, no face shot etc.... or do as I have done and just use an avatar.I have one and mine are set to frinds only...but then again, so is the one I have set up for my male self as well.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Caution: wearing jeans will cause Karren to defriend you.
    You can wear them I just don't want to see photos of them! Lol.

Personally I'm not into collecting friends... The fastest to 5000 wins!! I'm on Facebook to socialize since after all its a social network... Liking to wear the same clothing alone in not a good basis for a long tern friendship, imho. If that makes me a snob then so be it. I love chatting with my friends on FB... I have teenage girls and 70 year old grand mothers... And they are so much fun to talk to... I'm on 12+ hours a day....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I keep two separate FB accounts. I don't have common friends or interests between the two, and the privacy settings are pretty high. My "guy" account is strictly people I know personally; Zelda's is a bit looser. So far, it's worked out.
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

How does one find crossdressers on facebook?
    "I know the difference between myself and my reflection. I just can't help but to wonder, which of us do you love?" ~Evanescence~

General nuisance AliceJaneInNewcastle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristiesGurl View Post
    How does one find crossdressers on facebook?
    One way is to click on the FB links on some of the forum posts here. So far in this thread Debs, Beth, Karren and I have FB links in our posts...

Oh, and Reine, FB make changes from time to time and almost always default any changes to permissive settings that need to be tightened...

I have been wanting to do a Facebook profile for Brandy, but in reading the rules, Facebook says it is against the rules to have more then one profile. When I tried to set up a new account for Brandy, after signing out of my male profile, it wanted to link the two together. I was afraid to go forward and stoped trying.

So tell me how you can get two profiles wiht no connection to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by divamissz View Post
    I keep two separate FB accounts. I don't have common friends or interests between the two, and the privacy settings are pretty high. My "guy" account is strictly people I know personally; Zelda's is a bit looser. So far, it's worked out.
    I agree.I have a account as a crossdresser.Thats what its about.I have another for everyday stuff.Why would someone (man)dress as a women, post a femme pic and then get upset at other crossdressers.I only want crossdressing friends on one of my accounts.and have met some wonderfull ones.Thats what we have in common.As a middle aged crossdresser I don't have much in common with 17 yr old girls and grandmothers but I respect that some may but don't try to make me fit your mold.Do what you want on your facebook.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I have as FB account as Sarah but not for my male personality...
    Go figure..
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus