Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tall Girls

Lightbulb Tall Girls

Tall girls stand out in a crowd. I remember an old Phil Donahue about tall girls where one of the guests expressed with chagrin the people would congratulate her on her sex change. I hope tall girls growing up don't get too much self esteem lowering flak because tall girls grow up to be gorgeous. So here I am a 6 foot 1 inch cross dresser. Luckily I'm thin with good legs. But with any kind of high heels I approach 6 1/2 feet. I have my good points and bad points (like everybody). I have a feminine sense of style and like to dress attractively. (But if you dress attractively you might attract something). So it's frustrating (but no big deal); it would be nice to bring more beauty into the world. Best to you all, Elena Ornamental (accent on the last syllable)

As I've mentioned in other posts, at work one day a GG came through who was 7 feet 2

I'm 5'9" and my heels are 3 or 4 inches, which makes me 6' or 6'1" when I wear them. I had a devil of a time finding boyfriends when I was in high school. But I did end up marrying someone who was 6'2". Anyway, all during my 20s I worked in an office that was predominately men excepting the secretaries. I rose up through the ranks and I dare say that my height had it's psychological advantage. Most of the men had to look up at me in order to look me in the eye.
    Reine

IF I am 2" 2" 400 lbs or 10" 2" 140lbs would that be bad. point being, we need to deal with what we are. Make the best of ourselfs. So short and over weight, tall and thin. There is room for everyone in this world. Accept ourselves and accept others.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I am 6' 4" with out heels, but I love to wear high heels. My highest heel is 4 1/2".

Banned Read only
    What is it about our height that has so many worried? Everyday I see women 6' 0" or taller. Yes, women grow tall just like guys do. Get over it and go have fun being yourself.

One day, I went to the grocery store. I decided I would count the women at least 6' tall or taller. I counted 14 plus 3 that were about 6' 8" in the 25 minutes I was there. I then stopped at a gas station. While paying for my gas, a women came in that had to duck to get through the doorway and she was wearing flats.

In this case, size really doesn't matter. It is the person that matters.

I am 5'8" without heels. I love to wear them but they kill me due to a bone spur on my big toe. Anyhow in heels I approach 6 feet
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Platinum Member
    I have several lovely nieces that are all 5'10" and taller...one is 6'1" - when she's in heels she can look me right in the eyes. So, I don't feel self conscious about my height. Its my hands that bother me!

Im 6' 6" in guy mode. This kinda depresses me though because I know when I got out for the first time im gonna need all the help i can get with passing so I wont be in heels. My favorite heels are 4" so 6' 10" in girl mode i believe would attract too much attention. /cries*

I'm 5'10" in guy mode. My highest heels are 4", so I'd be about 6'2" en femme.
    GO SABRES
    LET'S GO BANDITS

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002059017021

Please mention this forum when requesting me, or your request will be ignored.

I am 6' 2", so if I go out of the house at all, (which is very rare) I wear boots with a flat heel. This makes me feel more comfortable about my height as well it makes me feel more stable when I walk.

fierce glamazon
    I'm 6'4" w/o heels, and often wear 4" boots and pumps.

Make it weerrkkk!

You just have to have fun being you. Tallness can be super attractive, as well as intimidating.

Exactly! who cares how tall you are, as long as you're comfortable. 5' 10" in boy mode. I have my share of 3-4 inch heels, which I LOVE! But, I wear a lot of 2-3 inchers too just because I'll wear them most of the day and do a lot of walking. Point being...just wear what you want. Wearing an 8" clear plastic platform might make you stick out in a Starbuck's, but 4" stillettos, well...everyone's wearing them now.

I am 6'3 and go out dressed . I also feel self conscious about my height. I wear flats or 3/4 inch heel and it seems that no one takes much notice
    when I am in Dept stores or restaurants.

6'2" Without heels, built like frick'n WWF wrestler. I am used to people stepping out of my way (must've been all that predator/prey training of my youth and military). After 40 years of acting the part of my internal polar opposite, it is the mannerisms that slip me up. Still tall or not, the height does serve to intimidate and silence an otherwise audible verbal commentary.

Ya are what ya are. If you're tall like some of us, walk tall & proud. If they're staring, obviously they're in love.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I'm 6'3" and I love my heels. Embrace your height!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Six Feet Two, Eyes of Blue.......

That's me as well, and nothing gets my attention faster than a tall girl in public, in a positive way, that is! You will be noticed, and never be just part of the "herd", but it's best to own it, stand tall (no matter how high your heels), smile on, and eye contact. It's something you can't change (short of amputation) and it can be a good thing, unless you are flying coach

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Six feet one inch in bare feet. The wonderful thing is there must be a lot of tall girls out there or I wouldn't be able to find all those great clothes to wear.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm 5' 11 3/4 (refuse to say 6'0). I'm very slender and only weigh around 160-165 which is good, but it's hard for me to get the courage to wear heels when I go out. I do like the knee-high boots with a very small heel. Personally, I wish I was about 5'8.. I think it would be so much easier to pass in public this way. Tall women get noticed right away and scrutinized. If they are attractive, this can be a good thing. But, for girls like me, I think it just immediately brings peeps to the conclusion I'm not a woman.

I'm about six feet. Wearing heels adds a couple more inches but I"m really not concerned about it when I go out. It's not as though I would pass any better if I wore flats. Besides, I never go overboard with heel height, usually about 2"-3".

6'0" without heels, and I did do a bit of shopping last week in 2.5" heels and I did not notice any one noticing. but on the other hand I decided that i was not going to worry about what any one else thought.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica_Dillon View Post
    Wearing an 8" clear plastic platform might make you stick out in a Starbuck's, but 4" stillettos, well...everyone's wearing them now.
    It's a great time for heels being in fashion, ain't it? I've always been attracted to taller women, but I'm also very attracted to girls who love to wear heels. Unfortunately, tall girls who wear heels seem to be rare birds. I DID see a beauty (GG) at my local hangout recently who was close to 6' WITHOUT the gorgeous 5" sandals she wore. She was a little on the "big" side, but absolutely beautiful...I couldn't stop looking at her all night.

Which reminds me: Two girls (I'm still talking GGs) came in one night who were the tallest I have EVER seen. The shorter one was easily 6'4", the taller was probably 6'9." Both were in "flat" boots, but they were beautiful and very well-proportioned for their size. They left before I could work up the nerve to go introduce myself because they were the laughing stock to a gaggle of 5-footers seated next to them...

Me? I'm 6'1" w/o heels, and I weigh 240. I don't go out dressed, so I don't care that I'm 6'5" in heels.

I am 6'-1" in drab. I (in drab) was standing next to a beautiful woman this morning waiting for an elevator and she was wearing 2" heels and was easily standing 6'-4". I never even paused about her height, just noticing her attractive appearance. I think for those of us that are taller, we just need to pay that much more attention to our appearance as to not draw unnecessary attention.
    Always trying to be the best woman I can be! - Jennifer Gregory

I'm a little over 5-11, and must admit that with people who know of my ambiguous sexuality I always say I'm 5-11, and with people who know me only in my drab, male persona I always say I'm six foot tall. When I'm out and about I usually notice gender women who are my height or taller, and study their mannerisms so that I can get a better idea of how to present myself as a woman. Other than the fact that, like most women, they wear flats or very low heels in the daytime, I can't say I've noticed anything which is a common denominator for their presentation. About as many of the ladies slouch and try to minimize their height as stand proudly tall to let the world admire them. I am a slender man at 150-160 pounds (depending on the level of my narcissistic dieting and exercising), but I've noticed that most tall gender women are very slender, and I would estimate that most of the six-foot women I've seen who are in decent shape probably weigh less than 140 pounds. The good news is that a lot of them tend to have flat, masculine bottoms, too.