Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Friends

New Friends

Last month I came out to a co-worker named Jennifer. I had no intention of telling her I was a cd, but there was something about her that made me trust her. A month prior to this we began talking at work and I asked the usual questions about her life and family, and Jenn and I would talk about simple everyday things. One morning on the way to the water-cooler, I just came out and asked Jen “Are you family?” “Yes I ‘am” was the response. I said “me too”. Before we reached the break area, she was asking “Ok, let me see a pic and what’s your name?” I thought it was funny that most cds would have a picture of themselves on their cell phone; lol, what a vane lot we are. I showed Jenn a face pic of Samantha and she complimented me on my look. The workplace isn’t really a go place to go into detail about how deviant you are wearing women’s clothes, so I asked her if she would be willing to come out for drinks with her partner Julies? The drinks day came after some planning due to schedules and I met Julies. Talk about hanging with two sexy women  We met at a local bar and chatted for a bit. I’m envious of Jenn and Julies. They live their lives in the open and give others the chance to see that living life as yourself can and is a good thing. Most of my life I’ve looked up to the strong women in my life, now I have two more to look up too. Thank you Jennifer and Julies for accepting me for who I am.

Platinum Member
    that's very cool. Great to make new and accepting friends.

Samantha,

This is great.

I'm intrigued, though by the question, "Are you family?" To me, that could have so many meanings, from, "Are you connected to the mob?" to "Are we related?", having 12 uncles and aunts and hundreds of cousins, nieces and nephews, and second and third cousins that I've never met (my Dad always said that I could never marry someone from my home town because chances are we were related), to, after a 26 year in the fire service, "Are you a firefighter?" Is there a more definitive meaning to this question, "Are you family?" that I am not aware of?
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Welldone Samantha! Nice to have friends who understand us.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    I'm intrigued, though by the question, "Are you family?"
    Very cool, Samantha. I would have never thought the same thing. I certainly learned a new thing today. Thanks!

Awesome Samantha! Y'all are welcome to the family! You look great btw.

LGTB family. We crossdressers are part of this family hon

Great story! You look so nice and happy in those pictures! I'm happy for you! Let the good times roll!

seems like an amazing time!

fierce glamazon
    Like the Olive Garden...

"When you're queer, you're family"

I've also made several lesbian friends recently - for some reason they have tended to be more accepting and friendly to me than gay men.

Hmm.. I never heard of this "family"... I suppose asking someone not familiar with this "code" would be rather confused, lol

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    looks like you had a lovely time,going by your pics.Its a great feeling knowing you can confide in others,and Immediately be at ease with them.Im glad you had a nice time
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I gotta say it. "Your dressed better than the others." Congradulations.
    joank
    Southern California

It's weird that so many have seen, or maybe have read this posting but not left a reply I'm begining to think that most on this forum just want to view pictures.

Platinum Member
    Sam, I think that a lot of the views are by non-members. Maybe they're motivated by curiosity or just still too shy to join. Besides, many times everything that can be said has been said!

Am so glad it worked out for you Samantha...It is my wish some day to be able to come out to someone and have a friend that understands what i am going thru...I'm not saying it is hard for me or looking for sympathy, but just someone that I can chat with about my crossdressing...I don't know if I have the courage yet to tell anyone, but am working on it...Wish you all the best, hun...

teri...
    "WE may not all be compatible, BUT there's no reason why we can't all be friends"

Hi Samantha,

It is so nice to hear about a new found friend who is understanding, and in your work place to boot. Some day I hope to meet someone who understands and will become one of those very rare close friends you can share anything with and not be judged. Way to go girl, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia
    Welcome to 2012, only 11 months until the "Mayan" calendar ends, oh my!
    [SIZE="2"]“The Answer to the Great Question Of.....Life, the Universe and Everything.....(is) Forty-two.”[/SIZE]
    Douglas Adams (British comic Writer, 1952-2001)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    & , TTFN
    Danielle Patricia

I read this site nearly every day but comment very little. Many times what I would say has already been said by others and I don't want to clutter the space. Your presentation and efferts are appreciated.
    joank
    Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaS View Post
    It's weird that so many have seen, or maybe have read this posting but not left a reply I'm beginning to think that most on this forum just want to view pictures.
    Samantha,
    As a point of reference, I for one will read and comment if what I would say has not already been said baring, of course, the times when emphasis is appropriate.

I found your story striking as I would like to have a female friend to just talk about girl things. My wife won't talk about it with me.

BTW, as an example of the first comment, I too had the "Family" question but it was asked and answered.

Great story.

Leann
    Last edited by LeannL; 02-24-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

You're a pretty girl, Samantha. They should be envious having you around............

First of all Samantha I'm glad it worked out for you. It's got to be pretty darned cool having a friend at work that knows and isn't bothered.

Secondly, you learn something new every day! "Are you family?" That would have sailed right over my head - and did. I re-read your post to see if I'd missed something Is this just an American thing or has anyone heard it (Or something similar) used in the UK?

Zoe

I applaud your new friendship and your success. I'm curious though as to what about her made you take the chance, about how well you thought you new each other and whether or not you are concerned about others finding out.

Samantha, I take you knew they where gay, but what was it about you that made them think you might be family? I have a friend that is a lesbian, and if I where to come out to anyone other than my wife I think she is the one I would trust most. Glad you made such cool friends.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    I applaud your new friendship and your success. I'm curious though as to what about her made you take the chance, about how well you thought you new each other and whether or not you are concerned about others finding out.
    I too appluad your new friendship. Like Mary I'm wondering what made you take a chance with outting yourself. I'm very happy for you Samantha enjoy your new friendship to the fullest.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Samantha, I'm glad you found a new friend that you can be open with. BTW I love the sweater.