Thank you for all the responses to my original thread, positive and negative. I believe that what I did was completely wrong and that it was not worth anywhere near the level of mistrust that my roommate, his fiancée, and potentially my girlfriend will have in me. I made a terrible mistake and you all were right that I am plenty old enough to understand that I should never have taken that step to intrude on their privacy. My roommate has been around and we have had amicable conversations without the topic coming up. However, his fiancée has not been over since last weekend.

The situation has been eating me up inside and my original post was here because I used google to see if anyone else has gone through this and it lead me here. I posted because I thought that someone might have gone through a similar situation and had advice. Thank you to those posters who did offer advice and for those of you who think that I am a horrible person for doing what I did, I understand why you feel that way. I attempted to reply to the first thread a couple of times using the quick reply link, but my posts did not show up for whatever reason and the thread is now locked.