Thread: Simple tricks to feminize my voice.

Simple tricks to feminize my voice.

It's going to be complete if I could speak with a voice close to that of a woman when en femme.

There are certainly skills to learn based on techniques developed by speech therapists. Many of these can be accessed through YouTube. However, these take weeks to master.

I only want to learn a few basic skills to make my voice sound more feminine without the need to perfect it. I know some of us has a few simple tricks in this area which I hope they would share with me.

Please tell me a few easy to perform tricks to make my voice more feminine ?

There is no easy trick to feminizing your voice. I'm kind of half way studying the subject myself and have learned that a femine voice is not just pitch. A femine voice alse has a lot to do with vocabulary, phrasing and etc. also. I'll have to find it again, but there is a web site dedicated to the subject. Don't quote me, but I think ts road map may have a link to it. If not, I'll try to find it again and post a link.
    Last edited by christinac; 02-23-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: forgot a word

I am a huge fan of youtube and came across this amazing gal, Candi... not just in what she teaches on voice training but she herself is just an incredible gal..... enjoy and please see her other videos... you'll be amazed

http://www.youtube.com/user/candiFLA

The trick is to not talk... and use gestures and whispers. Smile a lot and nod.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by stefanie View Post
    I am a huge fan of youtube and came across this amazing gal, Candi... not just in what she teaches on voice training but she herself is just an incredible gal..... enjoy and please see her other videos... you'll be amazed

http://www.youtube.com/user/candiFLA
    definitely recommend! candi's videos helps a lot

when I start out I usually sing first usually something from lifehouse then slowly incorporate candi's tips into feminizing it. definitely record your voice to keep track of what your need to work on
    xoxo
    lulu~

kittiebites <~ fb me

Get someone to kick you in the jimmy.

In my opinion, if you're too afraid to go public only because of your voice, you probably shouldn't do it. 99% of us aren't going to fool everyone anyway. There's nothing wrong with being a transvestite out and about, so be proud and talk loud.

It's no easy trick to retrain your voice. It takes a long while. Some things to help however are to buy yourself a little voice recorder and listen to yourself as you practice in your feminine voice. There are also some really good sites on the internet that will help with some of the basics like raising your pitch - but not to the point where you are in falsetto, forming vowel sounds, feminine intonation and phrases etc. The best thing to do is to practice a little each day. Don't over do it the first few times - you'll end up hoarse and damaged vocal chords can make matters worse. Also, don't necessarily listen to the way that feminine news anchors speak - they are using their "news" or "reporting" voice which is different than what you want to sound like in everyday conversation.

Although it may not take very long to get away with simple idioms or phrases (yes, no thank you, uh huh, and so on...). Actual conversation is a whole other thing and may take years of practice.

I, too, would like to have some "short cuts", but I guess there are none. I've tried recording my voice and listening and it seems to help. Linda, thanks for asking the question. I appreciate the advice from others.

Cindy

Hello Linda, If you're musically inclined at all it is easy for most people to raise the pitch of their voice. Sing a scale: do re mi fa so, the so pitch is what you want. Best, Elena Ornamental (accent on the last tal)

what about laughing? How does one learn how to laugh like a woman? Or, how about coughing... and sneezing, lol

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have a very definite male voice. And I have been told by various people, over some years, not to even try to feminise it!! So I don't try! I am a man, I just like to dress like a female!! People know that I am a man when I am out in publoic as Stephanie, but I don't care!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittykitty View Post
    For a quick start... kind of hold your breath and talk.
    Another way I heard to get this effect is to hum and then take it right to talking so you talking with the same area of the mouth.

Luckily I've always had a higher pitched voice, and sing a falsetto. A lot of the effort is in mannerisms - how to clear your throat, word choice, and things to that effect. The candiFLA youtube link posted earlier is pretty nifty, and i've checked out a few of the videos. It's really useful.

Feminizing my voice is the hardest part of my female presentation. I have a classic radio announcer's voice so it's quite a challenge. But I'm getting there little by little.

If you are guitarist you can play your open A string(A440) and then play the same string on the 12th fret tapping it as a harmonic.This gives you a perfect example of the raise in pitch.You can do the same on most instruments using the 12 note rule.
    Last edited by Celeste; 02-25-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    what about laughing? How does one learn how to laugh like a woman? Or, how about coughing... and sneezing, lol
    That would be a good trick.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    Just keep a helium balloon handy... :PaulaJaneThomas:
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I use the do-ray-me-far-so trick too, and once I find my voice I use it to read out the threads aloud to myself. I haven't mastered coughing yet, but i'm working on the laugh as more of a giggling. A hehe rather than a haha. Talking from the mouth and not the lungs is also good advice.