Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just plain fun!

Talking Just plain fun!

Sometimes, with all the drama in our lives caused by crossdressing, I wonder if we lose sight of one of the main reasons we (or at least I!) dress up: It’s just plain fun !

Of all the things I enjoy doing for the pure pleasure of doing it; crossdressing is number two (right after making my wife smile and/or laugh at number one) on the list. Even when I’m doing something “tedious” like epilating my legs, or filing my nails, you’ll usually see a big grin on my face. Whenever I catch myself checking out my manicure or the polish on my toenails, I have to smile at myself with the realization that I love what I’m doing and how much fun it is. And when I get the chance to dress up fully enfemme I always feel light headed and giddy as a, you guessed it, “school GIRL!”

Sure, there are times when the “urge” is low, and I don’t feel like dressing up, but this is very much the exception .

So how many of you really ENJOY dressing up enfemme? Is it fun, or a chore? Is it just “something you do because it feels ‘right,’” or do you do it because it’s a blast?
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    If it was not fun, I would have stopped doing it years ago. I wear for comfort, if it was uncomfortable, I would change into something more comfortable.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    It is not just fun for me, it is a metric-boatload of fun for me. Whether I'm having a fun shopping trip, or just doing errands, life is just more fun when I get to wear what I want to wear. Sure, some of it is a chore - epilation comes to mind - and not exactly what one would classify as fun, but overall, it all just 'fits' my life. People say that I'm happier, and more full of life while I'm dressed. For me, it's mostly due to having a choice. Would I want to do this every day? Heck no! But I love having the ability to choose, like women do. If they are having a bad day, they bundle up in sweats and a pony. If they feel good, and want to, they dress in something pretty. I get jealous that they have that option while we, realistically, don't.

So, I agree. I do all of this for fun.

Kathi

For me it is loads of fun, and yes, it feels right.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Dressing is a complete fun chore to me! It's the only time that I feel right!

TOTALLY minalost! I get stressed before i dress, but once I'm fully femme, I feel totally at ease! It feels like the world makes sense, but I never want it to end!! The worst is when it ends!!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katrinakat View Post
    TOTALLY minalost! I get stressed before i dress, but once I'm fully femme, I feel totally at ease! It feels like the world makes sense, but I never want it to end!! The worst is when it ends!!
    I agree with that at times I get a bit stressed before but then the calm envelopes me. A critical part thoguh is that I must feel secure about where I am. I lose a bit of the high if there are men around. I think my favorite part of getting ready is applying my makeup. A really feminine activity. I just started using eyeliner which adds a step in that process. Really Fun!

Just look to your left. What does it say?

I just love the feeling of being dressed not matter if I am fully dressed up or just loungewear! And the work it takes to keep me femme just adds to that great feeling!!!

I do it for the fun of it all. I am not sure if I would dress if it wasn't fun. The dressing part sometimes is the chore. The going out meeting new people and interacting with others makes it so much fun for me.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 02-24-2011 at 09:38 PM.

It's so much fun! Even the preparation, although it's a chore sometimes, is fascinating - the slow transformation from male to female is magical. Of course, the forbidden feeling of silk and lace against my skin, even under a simple skirt and sweater, is delicious. And like Allie says, venturing out into the world as a totally different person - a female person - is a total rush, like I'm a real life shapeshifter
    Last edited by windycissy; 02-25-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I will agree with Kathi! I always dress just for fun, and have been doing it for a very long time!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I do sometimes feel it is a chore. But only when I know someone else is in the house other than my wife. But once I get started I'm totally into it and never could be happier. Just wish I had everyday all day witout interuption.

It's so much fun to dress. I find the anticipation of knowing I will be hopping in the tub to soak, shave my legs, put on makeup and then put on a sexy skirt or dress so exciting.

It's a blast! Every time I've gone out, it's been fun. About the only thing I haven't gotten to do is hang out with other CDs, but that should change soon, and I'm betting that will be fun as well!

I definitely get the pink fog when I really get going, and absolutely love it. Not sure about the drama part, honestly I just kinda skip that, I have enough problems in my normal life to have any carry over to my CD life.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Sometimes it's too much fun. That would be when the pink fog is so thick that I blow off something else I should have done. Oh Oh!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Gold Member
    If it isn't fun, you better be a masochist! I go for the fun part. Doing new stuff, expressing myself, meeting new people. Every aspect. If it isn't fun to someone and they feel compelled to continue, then I do feel for them as I do wish they could enjoy it more. Life is too short. And make no mistake, there are certainly those out there in that situation.

i have not reached that level yet , i have fun moments , planning, getting dressed , and even getting undressed , but as a hole not fun all the time yet, im trying to have hope , and not have the dreads
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

After joining this forum I noticed how much pain many of the members seem to be experiencing related to their crossdressing interests. So I felt an obligation to help in any way I could.

I believe we have two choices in life. We can focus on the things we can do in each circumstance (and have fun), or we can focus on the things we cannot do or that restrict us (and be frustrated and unhappy). Since the forum has the frustration area well covered, I felt I would concentrate on covering the fun area.(you know, to achieve some "balance").

Sounded fair to me and so far it is working out very well for me...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    I don't know if I would call cross-dressing a 'fun' activity anymore. It has become a natural part of my being. Sometimes I enjoy the aspects of being a male, but, many times it is necessary to become Stephanie. Being Stephanie is relaxing and brings peace of mind. It is a stress reliever. If I am en femme while doing household chores, I don't even realize it anymore. I enjoy making my selection of clothes for the day, but, once en femme it's like a second skin. If there wasn't mirrors in the house, I wouldn't even realize I'm en femme. I guess sometimes it's just necessary to be somebody else.

It's the fun in it that made me realize I can never let it go.I still have the very same thrill and desire for dressing I did as a teen.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    All of the above, granted my experience is limited to indoors. It's often a chore deciding what to wear, the amount of angst I go through deciding what shoes to wear with this dress, what color hosiery, etc. Then the horror of realizing that said dress does not look good for my frame and having to go through the same process again for another outfit. It's a chore but a fun one, same for my picture taking marathons. A very exhaustive sometimes depressing chore, but well worth it when a few pics turn out good.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Years ago it as more of a sense of "pleasure" (yeah that kind) which was my reason for dressing. Over the last 5 or so years it's become "fun" as I've become more confident, and better at my presentation.
    I kinda liken it to a good guitar player. The early student works their way through the chords and scales. As they become more proficient they play the instrument, when they've become not only good but confident, they play WITH the instrument and therein lies the "FUN"

We first dress behind a door, practicing our makeup skill, walk, voice, manners. As we get better we take those midnight rides. When we're confident, ... look out shopping malls.

I've gotten to the point of having so much fun with this, a day doesn't go by that I'm not dressed in some way. Couldn't turn this train around even if I wanted to.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

I think many of us when we started to cross dress were not quite sure what the heck was going on in our heads, I know I wondered why I was dressing and though at the time it was for sexual gratification, I could not understand why wearing women's clothes turned me on so much. And of course you go through the self analysis as we see on this forum. More years than I care to admit to later, I still dress practically all the time I am at home but that feeling of sexuality has been replaced by one of 'rightness' and the accompanying calmness isn't triggered by any other means. Fun? Well of course it's fun though I think you have get over the furtive early years and accept that this is part of you and will probably remain with you the rest of your life.
    Now SUPER Fun is something else - that's shopping for new clothes, shoes and make up.
    Stephie M.

This thread reminds me of something a friend of mine said recently. She works a Shiseido counter where they provide free facials and during one of these, she said out of the blue "isn't it so much fun being a girl?" How can I argue that in the least bit? I enjoy every aspect of my being, I know nothing else. I have fun with fashion, shoes, makeup, etc. like many women out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    ...But I love having the ability to choose, like women do. If they are having a bad day, they bundle up in sweats and a pony. If they feel good, and want to, they dress in something pretty.
    ...and equally enjoy the casual. Why? Simply because it's fun being a woman or more importantly, it's fun feeling right when the outer presentation matches what's in my heart.

Here's another quote from my friend. I saw her several weeks ago when Macy's was having their "Go Red For Women" charity promotion. Not having a red outfit to wear for the day, I opted to pair some red heels with an otherwise subdued outfit. So of course she raved about the heels and as the facial was winding down she said "I just love looking at your shoes, they make me so happy!!!"

Oh from the mouth of a young woman who seems to love everything about being in her skin. It's a refreshing thing, seeing first hand how a woman can be just as into this stuff as we can.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)