Thread: A real public outing

A real public outing

First off let me apologies for this being a lengthy post. I have kept it as short as possible. There is so much to say.
    This past Saturday was so much fun. One of the local charity organizations ( which I have belonged to for years ), had a Mizz America Pageant as a fundraiser. I received the notice couple weeks ago from a friend that they were having this pageant as a fundraiser and were looking for volunteers. When I told my wife about it she said I should do it. So I called to found out if they still needed/wanted participants. To my surprise my friend said, Yes. So I naturally asked what I needed to do. I was informed that I would need a swimsuit, a talent, and an evening gown. I was also told that while we we dressing up this was suppose to a tasteful event. The evening gown I had, red velvet, my talent dancing but needed a partner for what I wanted to do, my (wonderfully supportive) to the rescue . I did not, however, have a swimsuit, but felt confident I could find one. Oh boy Shopping. After several trips to Goodwill, and time running out, I found the perfect suit, a nice little black and white number with a skirted bottom and a belted waist.
    I spent Friday finalizing all my outfits, needless to say it was hard to sleep, and then it was the big day. I gathered my things and headed off to meeting hall. The first thing I noticed was the large amount of tables and chairs set up, they were all reserved. Hmm lots more people than I thought, Oh well the more the merrier. Went back stage to put my things in the dressing room meet the other 5 contestants, and the lady who would be doing my make up and assisting me with my outfit changes. As my outfits were black and red she went with red lipstick and red glittery nail polish. We got all my out fits organized for the quick changes that would be necessary and then it was time to get ready . I slipped into my very sheer hose, swimsuit, and black sandals with a 3 inch heel. ( I was the only one who wore heels ). A minute or two to collect myself, a sip of my drink to calm the nerves, as I waited my turn (I was 5th in line). And it was time for Mizz Texas to make her debut. The audience once again began making lots of noise. I strutted down one side of the room, pausing here and there to strike a pose, taking time in front of the judges table for a couple more poses, then down the other side and back to the changing room.
    While slipping into our next outfits for the talent part several of the wife’s were fussing/ complementing me on how good my legs look and how well I walked in heels. Talents consisted of lip sinking, a guitarist, a trombone player, a cheerleader, a balloon dancer, and me doing a swing dance. For which my wonderful wife dressed as a guy and was my partner. For the dance she wore a coat, tie and a 40s/50s style hat. I was in a low cut red top, a just above the knee black skirt that would flare out when I spun, and my heels. Once again to the cheers of the crowd we took the floor as our music came on, 3 minutes of swing dancing in 3” heels.
    Once again back in the changing room the wife’s of the other contestants commented on my legs and my dancing in heels. Now quickly into my red velvet evening gown and redo my hair. Everyone look great in there evening attire. Another couple sips from my drink to help cool me off and it was time to once again walk the floor. As before I walked the room and took time to strike poses for the crowd as well as the judges.
    We had about 10 minutes to wait as the judges tallied the votes and prepared to announce the winners. (more comments on my legs and my ability to walk in heels. I thinks a couple suspect it was not my first time in heels). Then the moment of truth, the called us all out and announced the winners. I did not win but got first runner up and a half dozen roses. After all was said and done several audience members told me I should have had won. Maybe next year. Sorry no pics of me in my red and black outfit.
    Pic posted in picture gallery under Pageant

Gold Member
    Wow! Thats great; I wish I had the guts and the figure to pull that off.
    I give you a first hand AT-A-GIRL, for your contest. Wish you had a video of
    you dancing.
    Rader

You must have felt like the "Belle of the Ball". Runner up isn't bad for the first time and I'll all the compliments were just as rewarding. BTW I love the red dress.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

WOW, this sounds like a great time!
    Hugs, Carole

Awesome!!!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

'Here is a link to the Gallery posting for this story.

Phyliss;

I just wanted to take this opportunity here to again congratulate you on being awarded runner up in the recent Beauty Pageant. I loved your overall look in all of the photos. Your story on the evening sounded wonderful and I can only say that I wish had been there to witness your acceptance of your lovely roses.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Best wishes

Tonya