Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A problem with my preference vs. my identity (MtF's are welcome to reply too)

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Yes I do flip flop all the time.

I can sympathize. I'm a pre-op MtF, living full time as a woman, yet I still feel a desire for (primarily) women, although an attractive guy keeps my eye. I also curse that I wasn't born with the 'proper' bits for what I consider myself, but make do as well as I can. Ideally, I'd hook up with a FtM, I think we could complement each other - could understand each other in a way that a gay or straight couple couldn't.

As a MTF I'm attracted to men but not enough to have sex with them but enjoy being around heterosexual men that are masculine as long as they are funny and not violent, that smell of testosterone gives me goose bumps and I usually do not connect well with feminine men and become impatient with them yet I prefer the company of women when they are not being catty and love to sleep with them but have no interest in sex with them and I have found myself most comfortable with lesbians but only those who are in the dominant role as long as they are also easy going, fun and not violent because they than mirror my own psychology almost perfectly and often the air becomes sexually charged between us, something that creates a certain amount of confusion for all parties involved and threatens their girlfriends. In general I have no interest in sex because I have to be able to connect on a deep level with someone, a level that equals a intuitive, feeling, understanding of them and this has only happened with certain women that are also gay. Life is weird when you live in the wrong body.

Silver Member
    I'm an MTF and a fellow Dane (well, half-dane... that doesn't speak danish... and lives in Texas... but I LOVE herring... does that count??????)

I'm attracted to men. I find women physically attractive because I appreciate their beauty but I don't think I'd want to be in a relationship with one. I have been in the past, and I've been in relationships with men more recently... and so far, I'd always choose a man over a woman. Then again, if I met the right person, their gender wouldn't matter to me.

And speaking of meeting the right person, I'm in an awesome relationship with an FTM. I care not of boobs and vaginas, but that doesn't stop me from loving my man and appreciating his masculinity.

It would be awesome if he had all the proper man-parts, but it would also be awesome if I had all the proper woman-parts. We make do with what we have

polter... ithe sight of male parts..even my own make me gag... i love girls.. so this girl is defintly gay..lol

I'm going to channel some John Lennon here, but imagine you had no notion there were men and women . . . no idea you were one or the other . . . no expectations you had to pick a gender role to like or dislike . . .
    Hugs,
    'lissa

As an older MTF, I can say that years ago my thoughts definitely had me in the same place yours are currently reflecting. The most important opinion that I would like to throw at you is, Always remember who you are, enjoy being that person and believe me when the time is right to begin an encounter that will lead you to a lasting relationship with your true partner in life that you can openly give all your Love to, You will definitely find the "Right" person and you won't be worried about gender. Real Love has no boundries.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny50 View Post
    As an older MTF, I can say that years ago my thoughts definitely had me in the same place yours are currently reflecting. The most important opinion that I would like to throw at you is, Always remember who you are, enjoy being that person and believe me when the time is right to begin an encounter that will lead you to a lasting relationship with your true partner in life that you can openly give all your Love to, You will definitely find the "Right" person and you won't be worried about gender. Real Love has no boundries.
    This makes good sense to me.