Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your "girl" side bleeding over to your "boy" side?

Wink Your "girl" side bleeding over to your "boy" side?

So, today I was going shopping for guy things and saw this nice coat: pretty edgy, new and perfect for spring... well, until I put it on and noticed that this was something actually very feminine and my "girl" side was thinking that it was completely cute....

I have problems with things bleeding over all the time, but it's typically not so obvious, things like mannerisms, behaviors, etc - nothing ever so obvious, which made me find it pretty funny. Thank God I was shopping on my own...

Anyone else ever experience anything like this? lol

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, Sophie. I only WISH it WOULD!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sophie,
    Yeah, I've done that. Old Navy, Sears, and JC Penny are my worst. I go in for jeans, or a shirt, and can't stay away from the other half of the store. On some occasions, I have noticed some manerisms poking through. But the best of the boy side may just be influenced by the girl side, and vice versa. Largely, though, I have to say that there is a definitive point where I feel more feminine than male while changing. That may sound stupid, but it works for me. Happy shopping though! No matter what mode you're in, you just can't pass up a good coat!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    Only on days that end in "Y".
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    What is this 'side' thing you speak of?

Kathi

Getting to be more and more every day . JC Penney, and Macy's are places that bring out the best in me.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

I don't mind when the girl shows through him, but absolutely abhor and despise when he creeps out on her.....

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    I don't mind when the girl shows through him, but absolutely abhor and despise when he creeps out on her.....
    Yes, what do you do when it works the other way??
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

the happy camper
    I think Sophie is just those characteristics that I learned to (mostly) suppress as part of my guy-training. I don't think I was ever completely successful at that. Since I've allowed them more free rein, it's not surprising that they pop up outside their scheduled play times.

yes, somedays when i am out shopping for shirts and pants i cannot help but be drawn to the women's section, just for a quick peek at the clothing. it is very distracting when i go to a store for a pair of jeans and it takes an hour or more because i go looking and sometimes buying the women's clothes. haha

Sometimes I'm fixing my hair or looking at my face in the mirror when stopped at a red light without realizing it. Then I'll look over at the car stopped next to me and I'll find the person staring at me! I then realize what I just did and then I pray that the light will change soon!

Quote Originally Posted by LitaKelley View Post
    Amen to that sister! There is nothing creepier than when the guy side shows up while dressed.

With me it's a constant thing. I don't think Krystal ever sleeps.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

that's why i leave the bath & body stuff at home & avoid wearing cute knickers in drab, i've refined the mannerism to more metro but holding back takes a lot of effort
    xoxo
    lulu~

kittiebites <~ fb me

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Yes, what do you do when it works the other way??
    Stephanie, I can tell you that when it bleeds in the wrong direction [ back to boy] I could kick myself in the *ss. That is when i wish i was on some sort of hormones to tone down the VENOM testosterone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie_C View Post
    I have problems with things bleeding over all the time, but it's typically not so obvious, things like mannerisms, behaviors, etc - nothing ever so obvious, which made me find it pretty funny. Thank God I was shopping on my own...

When i first figured out about niki [ thanks to therapy] i compartmentalized and over compensated like heck to make sure no one would suspect...however, as i came to terms and accepted myself i found there was plenty of bleed over, for my gender was becoming more fluid. [ this is a good sign]

I think you are moving in a good direction IMHO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

I will slip up mostly in drab mode, I have made several remarks to women like...."Oh I love those boots" or "Love your nails, where did you get them done?" Most of the time they just answer as if it were two women talking but once in awhile I'll get those strange looks or a short answer, that clue me that I just let my Girly side out in the wrong mode!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

I have found when I run into Target or Macy's that I'm in the women's section first before going to the section I had planned to go to. I'm always looking for cute skirts and tops. I've caught myself at the office placing one foot in front of the other like I have heels on. It justs comes naturally to walk like that and now I have to think about strutting.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I think it was bleeding through long before I ever realized it. When I finally was fully truthful with my wife about my crossdressing her summary comment was; "Well that explains a lot."

All her friends had less than wonderful marriages because the husbands were knuckle-draggers and couldn't show any sensitivity or understanding for their wives. I knew about their families, could recognize some of their children and helped out in ways they all thought was wonderful, but probably made their husbands hate me. As for shopping, unless it's the auto parts store or Home Depot, I ALWAYS head to the ladies section first. It does make it odd when I'm doing the food shopping with buddies for a camping trip and they find me in the cosmetics aisle instead of by the beer cooler. Opps.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm pretty lucky these days. My wife has always known since we got together - she gave me some lingerie on our second date and frequently steals mine when she forgets to do laundry. Got a Fredrick's gift card as an anniversary gift last year just for fun and cheesiness. I'm very masculine male, I CD for fun not to "pass" though with some work I think I do a good job of assuming a playful feminine character. Shopping for or looking at femme stuff in my day to day mode doesn't feel like an inappropriate crossover or bleed through anymore.

There were quite a few years, especially in my 20's and late teens where I felt I had to compartmentalize at times, though I've never quite gotten to the purge point. Nowadays I often feel comfortable enough around many of our friends to make jokes or comments about clothes - though I never come out any say exactly why I'm pretty sure it's obvious and we just laugh it off. Having open trans and/or queer friends really takes a lot of the social pressure off for me even when I'm just around more vanilla folks. I think I've internalized the attitude that if these folks can be comfortable with their gender identity and persona, my little fetish is really no big deal.

I have seen the bleed over in myself. Like Kaitlin wrote, I have caught myself complementing GG's on their hair or outfit. Most of the time they just thank me. But I do wonder what they are thinking about me. I have been told by a GG that I'm "metro-sexual". Even in some photos of myself, I can see the bleed over (although maybe I just want to see it?).

Well that usta happen when I was on the roller coaster going from Homme to femme but now I'm always the same person pretty much. The only difference maybe being the outfit I'm wearing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have really prissy and girly mannerisms that bled over through my masculine side (Well, whatever masculine side I have which is not much) I finally just embraced it and let it be free. Love it!
    Boys Boys Boys! We like boys in cars!
    Boys Boys Boys! Buy us drinks in bars!
    Boys Boys Boys! With hairspray and denim!
    And Boys Boys Boys! We love them! We love them!

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Reminds me fo the old television commercial for Reese Cup's...You got chocolate in my peanut butter.
    This has been a lifelong issue for me as I am sure it is with others as well. Seems that I worked harder trying to dress appropriatley in drab than enfemme.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Ewwww! I hate it when that happens!