Thread: Bought my first dress today

Bought my first dress today

I could not find a maid uniform I liked, so I desided a dress will do as well. stop in at a womens Size Plus Store and was just going to look around. A young sales lady walks over to me and asks if she could help, I told her no, I was just shopping for a dress and axplained a genaral stye. She asked what size my wife or girl friend wore and I told her it was for me and I did not know. She did not miss a beat and went from sale mode to helpful adviser. Well, I walked out of there with my first dress, got to try it on and everything.Went over budget on this pay check, but having to tighten the belt is worth the thrill I got. Can't wait to go shopping for the underware and shoes.

Randall

That's one great sales lady! And good for you on your first purchase....certainly won't be your last!

Oh, the thrills we were missing under testosterone We want the pics, babe!

Barbra
    Good for you girl I just love shopping for new things, lots of luck hun.

Hugs Barb

It is so nice to hear of your fun shopping experence. Would be so much fun to shop a nice store like you have there.

Silver Member
    So why did you say, "NO" when she asked if you wanted help????

Listen girls, the SA is there to HELP you. Let her do her job. When you are in a store and a SA asks to help, SAY YES! They don't give a sweet flying patootie WHY you are shopping. They just want to make a sale. Many times their livelyhood depends on their performance. Many of them are on commission. And many of them are very knowledgeable about sizes and styles.

This is what they do for a living. They are out there all day everyday. Do you think you are the only CD that she has seen? Sorry. She may have several CD customers already. If you take the time to be pleasant and learn her name, she will be glad to see you when you come back. Having a SA who knows you and knows your sizes and tastes will make shopping a very pleasant experience. Why do you think we women love to shop? It's FUN.

Stephie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 02-27-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi Stephenie, I was coming back from a river trail that I bike on, and thought I would stop in this store to look around. when the sa asked if she could help I was only wanting to look around because I really could not afford to break my budget yet. I was scared to death and had no idea why I said it was for me. I think you are right about her helping other CDers, I will see her agian for my next purchases.

Noting tops a great shopping trip when a SA helps you find something hwen you tell them is for you. For the most part i have only a few bad trips when i told htem it was for me. Most of the time it what is your size and style

Now you've got a taste, shopping will be in your blood. Look for places with decent prices so you don't break your bank account.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

that is awsome I wish i had the nerve to do that, but i am way to shy for a face to face shopping trip.
    Post some picks when you can and also where did you shop?
    Mistybtm

It's good to hear that you first time turned out so well. You have more courage than me, I was a Kohl's today buying some stuff. I couldn't bring myself to go over to the womens department.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleF View Post
    It's good to hear that you first time turned out so well. You have more courage than me, I was a Kohl's today buying some stuff. I couldn't bring myself to go over to the womens department.
    I was at Kohls last week for the 1st time enfemme with a gf. It was liberating! However, since she's a pro at shopping enfemme, i chickened out and made her checkout while i ran to the car.

Due to ex-wife and child support (child support I did not mind), I do not own a camera. and budgeting for the rest of this out fit. Except at the store I have not even put it on yet, which is quiet a struggle not to, but I want to wait for the whole outfit.

The sales lady sounds like a real pro.
    She made you feel comfortable about the reason you were buying the dress.

And good for you for having the courage to tell her in the first place.

Randall,

Welldone for having the courage to tell her it is for you. Over this part of the world, most SA would assume that I am buying for "her". I am happy to stay that way. And it feels great to have bought an item that you like ie, skirt, blouse, pantyhose, lingerie,.... the list goes on. Now I understand deeply why many GG like shopping so much. Enjoy your shopping journey.

Well I broke down and tried on the dress this morning after all. Stood in front of the mirror and scoped myself out, think I'll get a gurdle next. you where right Karen, shopping did get in my blood,I stopped in a Payless shoe store on my way back from walking trail. Did'nt go to the men's side at all.

Ah, a woman's first dress purchase. Mine was a tall style navy blue dress with a slim skirt. Soooo...feminine. Really made me feel great. Still have it but it hasn't fit in a long time. Very, very nervous when I bought it. Thought I was the only man in the world that liked dressing in women's clothes at that time. Don't know what the SA thought. I just remember she treated me with the utmost dignity. Couldn't wait to get home and try it on for the first time.

Banned Read only
    Great! As to the maid uniform, I would recommend something other than the classic 'cheesy' dress, except for Halloween (my opinion). You may wish to consider a white blouse, black skirt, off black or black stockings and black heels. A half apron would do nicely. As to undergarments, Dixie Belle makes a very nice slip which is white on top (bodice) and black on bottom (skirt). ShopNational has a clearance sale on smaller sizes right now.

when you get an article of clothing that feels good and girly it feels wonderful doesn't it?
    Barbie Girl in a Barbie World
    "loves tights"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How COOL for u, Randall! Your post took me back to MY first purchases!

Except that, you're richer and braver than I! I have had no interest in TESTING the SAs in dept. stores again or in spending THAT kind of $$$ for one dress!

But, hey! That's just ME! U GO GIRL!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!