Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been a crossdresser, and how old are you?

About 20 years now, and I'm 34.

I'm almost 50. My earliest memory was being interested in my mother's shoes and boots and trying them on and being particularly happy when they fit. I remember at around 9 or 10 seeing an actual post-op transsexual woman on a TV talk show and becoming totally interested in her story and how she looked. I couldn't quite understand why I was so interested but knew I should keep it to myself. Later, saw Robert Reed from the Brady Bunch on Medical Center playing a transsexual and remember how cool I thought it would be to be able to become a girl like that. Around 10 or 11 mom dressed me as a girl for Halloween and I remember being incredibly disappointed part of the "costume" didn't include pantyhose or panties and a bra and I didn't know how to ask. The next day I remember trying to ask mom to somehow keep the costume for some reason but she didn't quite catch on to whay I was getting at. I remember we were going to a wedding and how jealous I was of my sister in her silky floral print slip dress, pantyhose, purple Candie's high heel slides and little gold anklet while I was wearing a crappy suit. Later I would often look in her closet to look at her clothes and shoes and check out her drawers to look at and feel her pantyhose and silky lingerie and being pissed off she had all that, seemingly took it all for granted while I would have given just about anything to have that myself. Then there were the times in middle and high school when the girls would sometimes dress up in pretty dresses or skirts, high heels and pantyhose. To this day I can still remember some of those outfits. I have some of my own clothes, shoes, wigs and makeup but I get frustrated because I can't look as good as I'd like so I tend to not dress often and haven't for a while but I am thinking about maybe giving it another go. I don't know if this all makes me just a crossdresser, an actual transsexual or if I have autogynephilia. At least I can come here and share my feeling and experiences that I've kept to myself my entire life with you ladies. I guess that's the next best thing to actually being a girl.

I used to have a dress when I was around 6-8 that I used to wear, now I'm 20, it felt nice and I loved wearing it.
    When I got older and grew out of it I never got any more clothes.

Also, something I don't remember myself but when I were 4 and got my first bike my mom took me to the store and asked me to pick any bike I wanted, I picked a purple womans bike

Can't remember if it was when I was in the first or second grade; we had a Halloween party and I went in full femme attire. Been wearing the same on and off ever since. I'm knocking on the door of 71 years.

I started when I was 14 and now im about to turn 24, so 10 years. I was found out 4 years ago by my wife (then my girlfriend) along with my cousin and one of her cousins. Nothing was ever said by anyone except for my gf, but it just got dropped instead of being discussed in depth. My wife found out again 2 weeks ago and we talk openly about it and she is accepting.

About twenty years. I'm 24. My sister wanted a little sister, so that's how I was treated when I was little. I'm glad it happened, because this is something I enjoy doing, and I don't regret it.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I am 51 and it all started 46 years ago for me
    Michelle

Im 42 years old , started when i was 9

Wow, I only started when I was 20, and I'm 21 now. Let's see, that makes for... umm... one year. Though I'm full time now and I identify as transsexual now, so I guess one might say I started at age zero, and stopped at age 21....

I'm 48 and I started when I was about 6 or 7. I have a distinct memory of wearing wearing one of my mother bra's and dresses in my bedroom as a teenager, I was admiring myself in the mirror, when to my horror I heard somebody coming up the stairs. It was my younger brother. I smile at it now, but I remembering diving under the bed clothes. To this day I don't know if he saw anything or not.
    Hugs

Sammy
    xoxox

On and off since my early teens, with a long break in my 20's.

Rocker :)
    I started when I was about 8 and I'm 26 now.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I am 61 and started when I was about 8. That makes 53 years, wow.

There seems to be a fair number of of us who are 50 years old or more.

Started when I was around 9-10 and am 27 now. Ive got nothing on most of you

Junior Member Princess_of_Hckloins's Avatar
    I started dressing at age 11, then stopped when I outgrew mom's clothes. Lots of conflicts about the desire and also sexuality/guilt. Went through a "redneck" phase for a few years to mask things. I came out to my (now ex) wife at age 37, that didn't go over too well but started dressing again when we separated. I'm now 45.
    [SIZE="3"]Haley[/SIZE]

I am in my early 40s, and have been thoroughly addicted to CDing since my teenage years. I remember when I was around 3 years old or so, an aunt painted my toe nails red as a joke, and I loved it! That I can even remember that from that age is amazing to me, considering I remember very little else from that age. So who knows? Maybe I technically started at the age of 3!

my mom wanted a girl.. i remember sitting in the high chair with this pallette of makeup and my mom had other women over and she was selling mary kay.. i remember her putting makeup on me. .she must have thought it was cute.. she also bought me this cap that women would wear to keep their hair from messing up when they slept..

im 35

been a cd for 35 years

iv been into it for a while now but I'm only just started to admit to myself that i am a cross dresser as iv only ever worn women's lingerie so i can hide it from ppl

Gold Member
    Not seeing many latebloomers here, so to help the percentages. I am 50 and have been dressing for about 7-8 years.

Hard to remember when I started, probably 11 or 12, something like that.

But really didn't embrace it as a part of who I am or understood it till I was 19.

I'm 28 now.

Silver Member
    I started age 8 and I have cross dressed all my life and am now in my early 50's, I ain't going to stop now, this is just the best time I have ever had for dressing, at peace with myself and no recriminations

I would say I started like 10 or so. I tried on hosiery and heels

First wore a dress round 6 or 7...
    Started consciously dressing early teens...
    Currently mid 30's...

20 or 30 years I guess!

I started when I was 39 I will be 42 this month

All my life I guess, and I turn 41 next week. My parents still have pictures of me as a toddler wearing long white gloves and carying "my" purse; me playing with my dollies, etc. I played dress up with my sister and never gave it a second thought. I raided Mom's clothes until I could buy my own. It's never been discussed openly but I know they are aware of it by the way they used to ask me what my sister and I had done while they were gone. I just wish I'd had the guts in my youth to become the woman I want to be!