Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your situation?1. Accepts, 2.Knows, but not accept 3.Does not know

I guess that I also fall inbetween the choices, My SO knows all about Lilly. I keep all my things in full view in the closet and in my dresser. But she still would rather not know about it, A DADT situation. Lilly

My wife knows and only tolerates it.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I'm a #1 here. Nothing like having a supportive spouse.

My first wife of 19 years knew in the last two years and accepted with concerns about the kids. She sadly passed away. I remarried and told my current wife, she accepts, supports and is sad I am unable to go 24/7. She respects my choice not to. I do enjoy being a trad father to my children. I also feel having lost their mom, one more lose of their dad, would be too difficult for them to accept. Thankfully my current wife is very progressive and encourages my fem ways including my bisexuality. I am personaly very happy and content but often have some quilt for asking so much of my beautiful wife. I try to make up for it by still being a great dad and husband. It's amazing how well a family can work with no abuse, drinking or drugs.
    Tammy
    Last edited by tammy tee; 03-01-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Janice knows, but does not accept, (at least not much).

Before I started dating my SO, I let her know that I was a crossdresser. We've been together now almost seven years. She accepts that I crossdress and she is okay with me buying clothes and dressing up, however I can't CD whenever I want. The manager of her apartment complex threatened her with eviction if they caught me crossdressing, so I don't have anywhere safe to change (I live at home with my parents and they don't know anything about my crossdressing).

Beyond that, we go clothes shopping together but the lack of freedom to CD (I'm afraid to now) has put a small strain on our relationship as it's hard to suppress this part of me.

Not sure what I fit into maybe 2.5, She has known, wanted it stopped, hates it, is suspicious always but I hide it and don't get to far out of a very small closet locked from the inside. Been married 17 + yrs she first knew sort of at about 3 yrs in when I finally identified as CD, but baby was 2 mo. and not a good time. Tina

My wife accepted it and allowed me to dress when ever I wanted. Participate? I really don't know what that means, you put on a song and dance routine? Many here would take that as sex "play" I would think because that seems what many here want. Or doing your make up and nails? If you mean interaction as two people in the same house, she participated.

My SO now knows and accepts and likes Lori and goes out with her to places and we have a fun time.

In any case I have always been up front from the start. So, if there had been any hint that dressing was something that would be unacceptable, there would not have been a relationship. You have to choose your course yourself.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My wife knows, still loves me and to echo Kim's answer she truly wishes that I didn't want to CD. Small signs of tolerance, but she doesn't want to get involved, doesn't want to see me dressed or see pictures of me dressed.

Zoe

1. I've been dating my girlfriend for a little more than a year now, and she accepts 100%. I told her that I was a crossdresser within our first week of going out, and now Crystal is a part of both of our lives.

Crystal

Number 1, I need to add more to get this message out.

My wife does know finally told her after 26 years of marriage, and she is very accepting
    as long as I do not go out as Debbie to often once a week seems to be OK.
    Hugs
    Debbie Lynne
    [SIZE="2"]Hugs
    Debbie Lynne
    [/SIZE]

Have a Great Girl Day

My SO knows and completely accepts whole heartedly. She even knew before I started dressing. In the first couple of months of dating she noticed all my "feminine" behaviors and gestures and was certain that she would see me in a dress fairly quickly. LOL. I was open early on in the relationship that I had dressed on many occasions before meeting her. And having been with her I felt the security of a great relationship to allow myself to be free finally. Love her.
    PRIDE

GO REDWINGS
    I'm a geek and proud of that too
    Stay femme my friend

Find me at Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002088230763
    URnotalone: http://profiles.urnotalone.com/144465

I was married twice, both spouses knew from the time we dated and niether of them accepted it. I'm in a relationship now with an accepting woman however she has no desire to see me dressed and that's ok with me as long as I don't have to hide any more.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Many states have laws that would prevent your eviction, and punish those who tried.

Quote Originally Posted by meichenchan View Post
    Before I started dating my SO, I let her know that I was a crossdresser. We've been together now almost seven years. She accepts that I crossdress and she is okay with me buying clothes and dressing up, however I can't CD whenever I want. The manager of her apartment complex threatened her with eviction if they caught me crossdressing, so I don't have anywhere safe to change (I live at home with my parents and they don't know anything about my crossdressing).

Beyond that, we go clothes shopping together but the lack of freedom to CD (I'm afraid to now) has put a small strain on our relationship as it's hard to suppress this part of me.
    Many states prohibit an apartment for evicting you just because you are GLBT, in your case being in the T category or Transgendered. You might look up the laws in the state you live in and if they do try to evict you they might be facing an investigation from the state for discrimination. If they threatened you already they must know you do it. You might consider looking up the laws and if they do prohibit discrimination due to being transgendered, you could make it clear to the manager that a law suit would be sure to follow. I don't want to encourage you to rock the boat, but living under a constant fear of not being able to be yourself in your home doesn't sound like a very stress free environment.

Thanks to the advice on this site I informed my SO early in the relationship. I don't believe in blurting it out the first night, but when you have been together long enough to know you are both going to try and make it work as a permanent relationship they should be told so they know before it goes too long. They should have a right to know if they want to enter into this relationship long term with these variables. This also is good so they don't feel like they were lied to or trapped later if you are married. Thanks to all the good advice to all those who shared. It probably helped me not make the mistake so many have made before me. Not only does she accept it I don't have to hide it. She knows, accepts, and somewhat participates. We have not gone out together but then again I have not gone out. When we are shopping she asks if Jenny would like this dress, or these shoes with this skirt. She has done my nails at home and I have done hers. She has done my makeup and thought it was fun. Aside from her accepting me, she is an angel and I feel so blessed to have her.

Gold Member
    My wife didn't know for the first 13 years of our marriage. Okay, I didn't know for the first 13 years of our marriage. But since it developed with both of us involved, she has definitely been accepting. She goes to Tri-Ess meetings, movies, eating out, shopping and anything else with me. I dress freely around the house and it just isn't any different to her. The way she treats me in drab is the way she treats me dressed.

Knows but she doesn't want to see me dressed.

2..... She knows and was accepting to a point. Then told me to STOP or else... So I still dress and she knows. But doesn't say anything as long as I keep it to myself.
    No, those are my Panties]

My first wife found out 2 years into the marriage and participated (not just sex, but help with fashion, make-up and hair as well as just spending time together talking and hanging out). My second wife found out after the divorce when my bitter first wife told her. My current wife knows and would give almost anything for me not to need this in my life. She knows it is a part of me that will never go away and loves me enough to not leave becasue of it. She has no desire to see me dressed nor does she want to hear about me being dressed. She allows me time to do this periodically which I can't really complain about too much.

My wife of 11yrs has known now for only 6 months now. She is very accepting. Many answers have been answered thanks to me coming out with my cd and her being accepting and discussing. We have both learned so much about ourselves, each other, our marriage and crossdressing in general. What an amazing journey this is. Our happiness level has increased dramatically due to our honesty with each other.

We want to write a book entitled "How Crossdressing saved our Marriage." Intrigued? So are we.

#2..........................................separa ted for 6 yrs................she considers me a pervert..................
    [SIGPIC]

For the sake of this discussion, I think "participation" would include anything that acknowledges you as a crossdresser. It could be in the simplest ways such as buying you a feminine article of clothing, even only as a gift for Christmas, birthdays etc. Maybe just giving you her hand-me-downs. Maybe it's just a quick comment about how you'd like a dress she sees. She does not necessarily have to go out with you dressed...or do your makeup, want to see you dressed or even see pictures of you. But she at least does not shun that side of you all together. Anything but the Don't Ask, Don't tell could be her way of participating. She does not have to love it or like it, but accepts that it is a part of you and does not avoid all talk about it.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My first wife totally detested my dressing point blank,and cant get why my wife understands,once said that she had no respect for her,because she also lets her kids see me dressed,So my situation now is so far removed from first time round that it is possible to get,My Wife knew from before we met,And she loves my femme side,we go out together,shopping too and I dress about the house most days (and some nights) As long as she gets the fair share of guy time with me.Our relationship is wonderful and am so glad I met such a wonderful,and understanding partner.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I told my wife while we were still dating. She is very accepting and has never had a problem with it. 25 years married and she still buys me jewelry and the occasional clothes for Christmas.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein