Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Crossdressers

Technical Crossdressers

Has anybody else noticed that probably all crossdressers have a job, occupation or an interest in the technical subjects such as computers or engineering, there are one or two notable exceptions who are artists but in the main we seem to be Techies or allied occupations ..................
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Semi Sane innocent angel
    It's not just you Gina. For me things are magnified by the fact that I'm in Silicon Valley . But Even when I travel north 110 miles I still see techies. Oh and Gina I would not limit that state to just CDs. Most of the TS I know are or have been in hi tech industries .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

fierce glamazon
    I posted this before in a similar thread, but since internet messageboards tend to be the domain of such people (technical, maybe socially awkward), and economic (and therefore potentially national and or racial) subset, the crossdressers that use this forum are going to be a subset that reflects that. I don't think you can make the claim that you make about all crossdressers. This doesn't even take into account the underprivileged crossdressers, transgender people, and transsexuals who don't have computer or internet access.

Do air traffic controllers count? lol

I have to disagree with this opinion. I have been going out since 1978 and during that time I have met members of the TG community from all works of life. The 1st CD I talked to in person turned out to be a fireman and I was a police officer at the time. I have met lawyers, mechanics, accountants, teachers. I think there is no specfic occupation field that TG's fall into.

Yours Terri

Yup. I own my own IT consulting firm.

That's not to say that there aren't plumbers, electricians, schoolteachers, accountants, lawyers, heads of the FBI, movie directors, actors........(infinity) .......who crossdress.

We truly span all walks of life.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

hi Gina. i can just about read and write. if my wife did not help me i would not be here but i make it up with enthusiasm. i love to dress and to chat. but the funny thing is i work for my self and good at it to. hope this does not put a spanner in the work?love deanna

Retired truck driver here. I gues I fractured the mold a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna B View Post
    hi Gina. i can just about read and write. if my wife did not help me i would not be here but i make it up with enthusiasm. i love to dress and to chat. but the funny thing is i work for my self and good at it to. hope this does not put a spanner in the work?love deanna

It doesn’t put a spanner in the works Deanna, You just inspire the rest of us.
    A big hug from, SUZY

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    I work in hospital maintenance and before that a machining line in an automobile parts factory. Can you say Blue Collar?
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Im a scientist. Currently trying to get a lab job in the pharmaceutical industry.
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Hi Everyone

Perhaps the view is skewed a bit because we are all on line atm.This would predispose towars a "Techie" leaning among us. I am Retired Military(Navy) and have noticed a large fraction of us in services.Military police fire EMT and other "manly" professions .Perhaps a sign of our denile phase. I also have met anf chatted online with sisters from all walks of life.
    Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am a Technical Insurance Agent!! LOL! By that I mean I sell only to Senior Citizens and I am a self employed independent agent!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Oh fiddle faddle, I know people who cross dress who are every type. Get out with a local group or two and I think you'll see it is wide spread.
    There is a road—no simple highway—between the dawn and the dark of night.
    And if you go no one may follow. That path is for your steps alone.

I guess I'm an exception - I'm probably one of the least "technical" people I know. I had to get my dad to teach me how to use an iPod, and even then I had trouble with it! Fortunately, my job is more about working with people and being creative.

Crystal

I was a Paramedic for about 12 years. Now I own my own business doing Construction.

i would say here on line you would tend to see more of the tech savvy type. no mater what the site is about.
    but i am a heavy hauling hwy operating engineer. sounds great :-) does it not...but in real life it just is plane old truck driver.

Retired truck driver/ mechanic/ welder/ Jack of any and all trades that has to do with machinery.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

Another crack in the mold, railroad engineer, I drove the train.

Last job, sales associate for MCSS at Fort Lewis. They want me back. Thinking about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't know where I fit,- I'm a private investigater and certified aircraft mechanic. And am building my own plane.

Hi Gina,
    I am in that small (?) Band of Brothers, er, strike that, "~ Sisters," that are pretty deep into IT; computers to be precise. Ergo, this gives me an opening to respond to your thread:
    Comment 1(st). To be true, your supposition needs to be reinforced with, say, an unofficial survey of the girls' technical backgrounds herein, which is doubtful that can happen, at best;
    Comment 2(nd). There does seem to be a large number of former military here, who may be into IT, also, but then, that isn't inreferred/referred to in your question/equation;
    Comment 3(rd). Back to #1, as a personal plea, I really need the help of at least one of those sisters in the Las Vegas area that are well versed in the security niche of IT, specifically security software development (BTW, if this shoe fits anyone here, then kindly (said. "Please") feel free to PM me): : and,
    Comment 4(th). Well, I've run out of Comments, for the time being.
    Thanks for bringing the thought up, hope this thread gets lots of play, as it is thought provoking/stimulating, just like most of the threads on the forum are.
    Success, and Love to All,
    Misti

Interesting observation and still unanswered questions. Several years ago I remember reading about an online survey done about 8 or 10 years ago. The study or attempted study was trying to identify any common characteristics among CDs. It showed that most were in technical or professional careers, were relatively well educated and had higher than average incomes. The problem with the sample, as someone quickly pointed out, was that the results generally fit the profile of all men using the internet at the time. Besides the computer techies, some others were already using personal computers in their work even before the www. Accountants, for example, who were already using the pc for spreadsheets, presentations and so forth, were among the first non-techies to buy their own computers at home and went online fairly early.

A lot has changed since then. If not everyone, most people are online these days. So, we're probably more representative of the whole. Still, some people are just more inclined to communicate online than others. We might see some difference if we looked at the types of work done by CDs who meet up in real life groups. But, I don't quite know how they get together, if not online first. I was online very early. Until then I had no idea there was any community of CDs or how to connect to others.

On the contrary, it seems there's a very broad spectrum of occupations represented here. From airline pilots, military, construction, real estate, etc. The longer I'm here, the more the variety in many ways.

ChanDelle

a bit nutty
    Do skilled trades count? If so.. then I'm in agreement.

Ginger