Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Technical Crossdressers

Hang in there Diana, I've work out side my whole life, work at truck driving, delivering lumber and working in the yard pulling and making up the loads to be delivered for 37 years, and the whole time wanting to be just the girl next door! Oh yeah I'm right handed also, go figure. Jenni
    Last edited by jennifer easton; 03-03-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Banned Read only
    Mechanical Engineer here for 39 years, including 6 as a computer programmer and simulation analyst and 2 years as a quality assurance analyst. Also, a motorsports and photography enthusiast.

Great observation. I've got two engineering degress and worked for over two decades as an engineer until my previous employer decided to grant me an involuntary layoff. Long story. But now, I'm home with nothing to do... Hmmm what could I do at home with plenty of time on my hands.??? Ohhh I'll think of something..

I don't think that we can categorize crossdressers anymore than any other group. I have noticed a large segment that are law enforcement, fire service, executive managers, medical arts, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    I don't think that we can categorize crossdressers anymore than any other group. I have noticed a large segment that are law enforcement, fire service, executive managers, medical arts, you name it.
    Hi Mary, from the few replies I've had here there does seem to be a bias towards the more technical trades and from your examples I would class law enforcement, fire service and medical to be more technical than otherwise...........
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I am an IT Tech AND guitarist in a rock band!

//Sully

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I am an IT Tech AND guitarist in a rock band!

//Sully
    You mean your rock band needs an IT Tech? Wow!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    You mean your rock band needs an IT Tech? Wow!?!?!?!?
    Probably helps printing out the music for the deaf !! LOL

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

I'm in IT... but I disagree with the premise of this post.

It is encouraging that you find crossdressers is ALL corners of society. It means we aren't just a fragment off to the side somewhere, but can be found everywhere. Blue collar workers, lawyers, unemployed 20-somethings...

Whenever I see the posts that try to categorize us all in one group, I feel that that cheats us somehow. We are fully representative of the ENTIRE society, not just a corner of it.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    I'm in IT... but I disagree with the premise of this post.

It is encouraging that you find crossdressers is ALL corners of society. It means we aren't just a fragment off to the side somewhere, but can be found everywhere. Blue collar workers, lawyers, unemployed 20-somethings...

Whenever I see the posts that try to categorize us all in one group, I feel that that cheats us somehow. We are fully representative of the ENTIRE society, not just a corner of it.
    Cristi, This isn't an attempt to categorise or classify anyone into any sort of department it is merely an observation. I know that we come from a very diverse sector of society but it occured to me that a lot of us seem to come from the technical sector, right thats it back in my box !! LOL

i fall into that group. lol

Gina X,
    Predictably, your theory seems to better understood by the techie types.

Aspiring Member
    Played in a symphony orchestra, played in a big band, sold books, author, editor, had several groups when young, and occasionally still play the guitar, among other things. I was even a sys admin for about 8 years but that was the worst part of my life and long since forgotten. Also do photography and digital manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    lawyer here--MsPortia to you girls---lol
    I'm a lawyer also...

All kinds

I have been a produce guy my whole life. Started trimming lettuce for Star Markets in Boston in 1967 and have been a Prod. Mgr, supervisor ,Buyer, and Broker.I have met CDs who have had a very wide range of careers, but to tell the truth, have never encountered a techie in person
    Dance like no one is watching
    Sing like you're in the shower
    Work like you don't have to

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK ....

I'm an architect which means I could be considered a combination of artist and engineer.

So, I guess I have crossdressing credentials.

I have a degree in mathematics (who says all dumbs are blonde ) and work as a program manager.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Don't get clever old man! Now take us to dress barn!

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    I work as a web designer and computer repair and I'm a full time CD'er. Since i have been open I am grown to be a reasonbly successful repair tech and working on a web design degree. Doing this shows me that No matter what you look like if your honost and treat people right it doesn't matter who you are.

Either that or Im cute :P
    Kerry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

Software Developer in SF here

Actually I'm a historian, so that's not exactly a technical-related occupation or interest.
    Though several years ago there was a joke among Polish TGirls, that average Polish TGirl is a computer geek around 30.
    But that originated from the fact, that internet wasn't so widespread back then, so the people who had earliest access to it were indeed very often coming from that group.

Hmm...well seing that I'm unemployed...my best gf is in retail...another best gf is in sales.....somehow i don't get it.

Well I guess I should make more of myself...i have a degree in accounting, was a retail buyer/advertiser/warehouse worker/salesman, played guitar and sang in numerous bands among other things. but still not in the tehno field
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 03-06-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added more to my unemployment status lol

Platinum Member
    Hi Gina, Retired heavy petroleum/master electrician over 40years.

Orchid

Mechanic, machinist, welder, electrician, carpenter, plumber, cowboy, heavy equipment operator...but hey, I have also worked with GG's in all of these jobs too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
    Just shut up and RIDE !