Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Technical Crossdressers

Working in a Hospital.
    Amanda

I noticed this many years ago.

I have a few Cd's I have become acquainted with locally and all of us in are some form of either programming or I.T Services.

Ok you found out my big secret: I am a programmer. I can remember back when I was a kid always having an interest in computers, but it wasn't until I was a teenager that I actually experimented with programming. A first there was the thrill of just writing a few statements, but I eventually progressed to writing whole programs. After a while I finally got up the nerve to buy my own computer, so that I didn't have to "borrow" computer cycles from others. Eventually I didn't do it for the excitement, but because it felt comfortable and natural. And I realized that this was who i was meant to be, and that I should be proud of who I am, even if not every one is comfortable around nerds.

My name is Gwen and I am a programmer

As far as computers and other electronic items, I'm lost,,, I guess I never could consider myself a techie, and as far as engineering I have been at odds with most engineers I've met on the job. I have worked in the skilled trades all my adult life, trained as a carpenter but also skill in equipment operation, masonry and concrete, roofing, and structural maintenance. So if skilled trades count then I'm in otherwise I guess i'm just an orphan crossdresser.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I have a computer science degree...........but.....am doing nothing computer science related.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Aspiring Member
    I own my own business as a cabinet/furniture builder. I build custom works of art in woods and composite materials. I have also been an artist since childhood. I also rebuild cars and motorcycles.

......oh and i guess i should mention my A+ cert in Pc repair......

-Donni-

Yes, I have noticed this but it may be that I am more aware of this as I was in a "technical" occupation. I suspect that if an "honest" study were done, there would be many from a great variety of occupations.
    Hugs, Carole

I think it's more of an interest in how things work and the process than technology per se.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Multiple engineering degrees... Build my own computers. Do my own auto mechanics. Do my own home remodeling... If I can't fix it, I don't want it. And I'm very outgoing. Funny when I learned to play guitar I was labeled as a very good technical guitar player. But really lacked that art mentality. Really can't do painting or art .... But give me makeup and it seems to be completely different. Same way with fashion. Its like crossdressing is tapping into that side of my brain that has been ignored all my life. My technical side doesn't use it and really wouldn't let me use it... But when I crossdress. I can line my eyes without a straight edge! Lol.
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-01-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Technical

I have also notcied a vast majority of crossdresser come from proffession that require uniforms, ie, pilots, police, military, etc
    and of course boat captains. LOL

I work from home, self employed since 2005 as a graphic designer, web developer, internet marketer, SEO, etc.. I was part time in this from 2000 to 2005 while working at a law firm.. Decided to quit the law firm since I can make more doing next to nothing than working my ass off for someone else to profit off of.... Ironic though, that since I come out that I have less interest in my work and although I can get by on residual income from completed projects, I lack motivation to do more.. I think it's something to do with my now womanly thinking, since the majority of my work is in online adult entertainment.. Nonetheless, I am planning on seeking part time work where my fem self can be out there and work, and I hope I can land a job at Victorias Secret, Dress Barn, Dots, Fashion Bug or some other female clothing retail, etc.. OMG that would be so great.. I'd love it, even though a years pay from this would be less than what I make in a month now sitting at a computer goofing off all day
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 03-01-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyliss Hdson View Post
    I have also notcied a vast majority of crossdresser come from proffession that require uniforms, ie, pilots, police, military, etc
    and of course boat captains. LOL
    And none of those uniforms look good on a girl...at least I know I don't buy the female uniforms for my service!

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I am a techie girl too. A degree in Mining Enginering but now work with databases and some programming...
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

I have a teaching certificate for Mathematics in my state. Did teach in the past. Currently working towards an Accounting degree. Built my own website when Yahoo had free websites. I guess I fall into your description in a small way.
    lmildcd is now known as Lennette Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Funny when I learned to play guitar I was labeled as a very good technical guitar player. But really lacked that art mentality. Really can't do painting or art .... But give me makeup and it seems to be completely different. Same way with fashion. Its like crossdressing is tapping into that side of my brain that has been ignored all my life.
    Karren, maybe you should play guitar while crossdressed. That might unleash your musical creativity.

Engineer here. Not the train kind, darn. I do something else now, but still technical.

I don't think that the "only techies use the internet" argument is as valid today as it was say, 10 years ago. Everyone is on the 'net these days, including the homeless.

I tend to agree with Karren about the artistic outlet. My drab side isn't artistic or musical, but I think that Eryn is considerably more open to such things.

That's an interesting thought about our technical/manly/uniformed/etc. professions being related to a denial phase. It could be true in my case, but I'm too close to the action to be objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Avana View Post
    ... since internet messageboards tend to be the domain of such people (technical, maybe socially awkward), and economic (and therefore potentially national and or racial) subset, the crossdressers that use this forum are going to be a subset that reflects that.
    I would have to agree with Avana on this.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

I'm a Clinical Biochemist so scientific, if not IT related. It's probably not surprising for all sorts of reason: we're on an internet forum which (until not that long ago at least) required some computing nouse so we there is an element of self-seection; we are mostly from a conventional family, mostly raised as male and so channeled towards what are accepted as male type jobs; we have developed from within the womb and beyond as male and therefore have (to a greater or lesser extent) brains with male architecture which develop to give an evolutionary advantage at skills that lend themselves to technical tasks etc

Lots of good comments. But really, we come from all walks of life. I don't think the techies have an edge on the rest if us. As for me? I have done just about every kind of work you can think of. My passion was as a golf professional and owning 2 golf shops. In fact the first computer i ever touched was in 1991 when I opened my first golf shop. That was before Windows came along, so I had to learn DOS. I had very little interest in the thing except what it did for my inventory control, POS, and accounting. I did not get interested in the computer until I closed that shop and took one of the units home with me. Well it wold not boot one day, so I took it to a small computer shop that was in the same shopping center as my second golf shop. Turned out the think was outdated and not worth repairing, so I had them build me a new tower. I got to know the guy that ran the shop and started hanging around. Before you know it, I was there helping him assemble computers! Before al that, I sold guns, ammo, hunting, fishing and marine supplies for a big wholesale company. I traveled a good part of Florida. I did that for about 8 years until i got tired of all the driving. I also sold Real Estate...golf course properties was m specialty. I even sold furniture at one time. Tried selling cars too. Long before any of that, I managed an auto center. After that, I became a Master Accredited Frigidaire technician. Today I work for a small hardware chain managing their sporting goods department.
    There are a few fill in jobs I've had that are not worth mentioning, like right out of school, I worked on a dredge. Then I worked on building high rise condos. But you can call me a jack (or Jill) of all trades and master of some. The most rewarding was my golf business. I built and custom fit golf clubs, gave lessons and even coached a few minor tour players. I have built clubs and fit clubs that have seen most all the major PGA/LPGA tournaments in the hands of some notable players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattie Philips View Post
    I am a techie girl too. A degree in Mining Enginering but now work with databases and some programming...
    I thought all the mines over there shut down? We were flooded with NCB'er for a long time. Btw. Mining engineering also.... and geological engineering!

Ohhh and I tried playing guitar but with long nails I can barley type or answer my phone let alone play guitar. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We certainly hold all kinds of jobs. I personally know of crossdressers who are Carpenters, Truck Drivers, Heavy Machine Mechanics, Auto Mechanics Coal Miners and Hockey Players
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I don't know how technical what I do is but I build custom flat top ultra match uppers for AR-15 rifles,with flat top gas checks,with quad rail fore ends,and I mount Shepard scopes on them,then sight the scopes in,and test fire them,I sell them at gun shows and don't do to badly.

All the purchaser has to do is just drop it into their lower,I don't sell lowers,and test fire it to make sure it's on the bullseye.

Most of them are used in competition by target shooters.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

What do you expect when one is constantly solving problems and being locked into number crunching, labs/worshops, research and development, some informatics, and reports. I guess I am just a technocratic nerd seeking freedom to be me and play .

Silver Member
    lawyer here--MsPortia to you girls---lol
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Hmmm. I have a double degree in Music Education and Instrumental Music Performance. I taught for a copuple of years, and now I am an Airline Captain. I also own a hotrod/restoration shop on the side and specialize in custom auto fabrication, paint and body, and drivetrain builds. Not exactly sure where I fit in the techie thing, but I'm sure just describing how all that fits together gets pretty technical!