Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a woman in a trouser suit

a woman in a trouser suit

I would love to know. Does anyone think a woman in a trouser suit looks good?
    For me it’s just too masculine. Nothing cute or feminine at all. I hate them.

SUZY

I would tend to agree, but I've seen a few with ponytails and think they look nice. I think when it comes to suits, it comes down to the hair. For me at least.
    With love,
    - Celes

All I can say is a woman wearing a trouser suit is well tolerated by society.

Now a man in a skirt suit - he would be labelled a pervert. Such are double standards in this society.

In my opinion skirts would look better on both men and women than pants. We don't ride horses or bicycles routinely so why should men be compelled to wear pants?

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think it is what you wear with the trouser suit. I own 3 of them, and usually wear them with very feminine satin blouses. I think they then look pretty feminine. Since I don't wear a wig, I have no comment on the hair! My own hair, what there is left, is usually about 1/8th inch long/!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I hate the trouser suit.
    And I really hate seeing GG's wear ties.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I would love to know. Does anyone think a woman in a trouser suit looks good?
    For me it’s just too masculine. Nothing cute or feminine at all. I hate them.

SUZY
    Some are very stylish (and sexy) but I still prefer seeing women in business in a dress or skirt.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I hate the trouser suit.
    And I really hate seeing GG's wear ties.
    I hate manditory ties on genetic men for formal wear.

Johanna

IMHO it depends to a great degree on who is wearing the"trouser suit". There are some women that look good no matter what they are wearing.
    Hugs, Carole

Yes women can look good in trouser suits

Its not a look that is for everyone but it can be sexy
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I dunno, although I prefer skirts and dresses most of the time, sometimes a nice pair of pants makes me feel very feminine, like last week I had to go grocery shopping and it was very cold and blustery so I went with a black turtleneck and khaki pants with knee-highs and cute flats, my women's pants kind of swirl around the ankles and with the nylon peeking out underneath, there was nothing masculine about me!

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I have this attraction to strong women and women in powerful positions....A corporate type in a buisness suit has a certain flair and even though she may not l;ook her most feminine in these suits...one just can't help but imagine what she is wearing underneath...
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

fierce glamazon
    i prefer a flouncey dress with a fitted or cropped blazer over it

eg
    http://images2.chictopia.com/photos/...cessor_400.jpg

pants.. yuck!
    Last edited by Avana; 03-01-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Trouser suites are like blue jeans and sweatshirt . . . hardly feminine. Just women crossdressing like men and getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    Now a man in a skirt suit - he would be labelled a pervert. Such are double standards in this society.
    I've been complaining about such things to my wife for years! I've tried to push that line and gotten some weird looks. In many ways, I think if I went out dressed in women's clothing but made no attempt to feminize my look otherwise, I'd have more problems than going out full femme, even though I am in no way passable.

But I'm straying off topic...

I have seen a few that carry the look ok, but in general I'm against women wearing trouser suits.

-Bridgette

Silver Member
    To each her own, I guess. I am sorry you hate them. A suit is important in some situations. I don't own one yet but I am shopping for one.

S

Quote Originally Posted by Maid Bridgette View Post
    But I'm straying off topic...

I have seen a few that carry the look ok, but in general I'm against women wearing trouser suits.
    I don't think you've strayed as far off topic as you think... I mean, we like to wear women's clothing for our own reasons, should we not accept women wearing traditionally male clothing without second thought?

Sure, it is perfectly fair to say the conventions are different, it has been mentioned earlier. Women can seem to get away with wearing men's clothing much easier than men wearing womens... but even still, as un-fair as it is, can we really "hate" (a word mentioned a few times) them for it? Could it all just a by-product of womens suffrage, the requirement to appear more male to fit into positions that were traditionally male only?

Perhapse we are all the brink of male sufferage... the right for men to wear and do all that females traditionally did? I would like to think it a possibility.
    With love,
    - Celes

Trouser suits look fantastic with the right shoes, a nice blouse and some choice accessories. They can be elegant, smart, professional-looking and sexy. I have one and it's cut differently from mens trousers and they hang really nicely

Some of them look fine. I prefer to see women in dresses, but that's not dealing in reality. And I've seen some way smokin' hot women in terrific looking trouser suits that would never be mistaken for anything masculine.

I don't prefer them, but I don't hate on 'em either.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I agree completely, Suzy!

This woman looks JUST LIKE ME in my business attire, BORING!
    Well, maybe I bit trimmer. And, of course I DON'T wear heels to work.
    And Oh! LOOK AT her gorgeous figure and HAIR!
    OMG! I guess I never realized I looked SO HOT in a suit before!
    I mean, nothing sexy to see HERE! KEEP MOVIN' FOLKS!

images.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As a guy who dresses like a girl sometimes, I'm ok with girls dressing like guys, too. Fair's fair. I think a girl in a mens' suit, tie, and fedora is pretty hot, anyway.

I was going to say something about at least looking decent and well put together... but I'm a grungy schlub too, so that would be hypocritical.

I think I'll just draw my personal line at wearing pajamas or sweatpants in public. That just screams "I've given up on life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Sue View Post
    Trouser suites are like blue jeans and sweatshirt . . . hardly feminine. Just women crossdressing like men and getting away with it.
    A real woman can make blue jeans and sweatshirts sexy... same applies to trouser suites... they can be very sexy... agree with the tie comment though... ties are just yuky!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Sue View Post
    Think about it ... women started wearing pants about 80-90 years ago. They were the 1st cross dressers. Maybe after another 80-90 years MTF cross dressers will be accepted by society too .... too bad I won't be around to see it ... :-(

Hillary Rodham Clinton is a prime exmple of the classic trouser suit wearer. Well tolerated in society, but unfortunately not very feminine.

I suppose they are all right in some situations, but I prefer skirts and dresses! As soon as a man can walk down the street wearing a dress, and it seems normal, than I will give my approval on trouser suits!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    All I can say is a woman wearing a trouser suit is well tolerated by society.

In my opinion skirts would look better on both men and women than pants. We don't ride horses or bicycles routinely so why should men be compelled to wear pants?

Johanna

JohannaH,

Well said. I like your view.

I think women look better in skirt. As for me, I wear pants all the time in guy mode. I would never be in pants when en femme!