Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet reaction to your dressing.

Wink Pet reaction to your dressing.

I'm sitting here fully dressed,except for wig, and wondering how the dogs are seeing me for the first time fully dressed. I've worn femme jeans and sweaters before with femme shoes, but never dressed in skirt and blouse with jewelry and makeup before.

If they're anything like my dog they're thinking "I wonder if there's bacon in this deal for us?"
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.Martin View Post
    If they're anything like my dog they're thinking "I wonder if there's bacon in this deal for us?"
    that is how my molly looked at it.

weres the food.

One of my cats cant seem to leave me alone when I dress up. It cracks me up but then again it can be annoying sometimes too. He is a needy cat to start with. But once dressed up forget about it. He needs non-stop tlc. That has always perplexed me why that is.

I'm no expert, but I've been told and I've read that animals identify you by smell, so it shouldn't make any difference what you wear if that is true.

My cats hate me when I'm en femme. My cats hate me when I'm in drab. My cats hate me when I'm naked. My cats do like me when I'm opening a can of cat food.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My cat would sit in my lap when I was enfemme, but never when I was in drab. The dog would tolerate me as long as I had some food for him. He did not care about clothes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My dog loves me as a guy and he loves me as a girl, that's what dogs do...he's kind of excitable, and when I take him for a walk sometimes he wraps his leash around my legs, it's a whole new sensation when you're wearing a skirt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    My dogs have always been very accepting.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Aspiring Member
    The first time my parent's German Shepherd saw me in girl mode, he didn't recognize me and shied away. I spoke to him, and he immediately realized who I was and eagerly came right over.

None of the cats have ever given the slighest crap of how I looked.

The problem I see is cats don't know what they want but they want more of it! With my dog, Buddy, he just wants me and excepts me no matter how I dress! That's why I named him BUDDY!

My cats like to hang in the bathroom when I'm in the tub body shaving and doing my make-up afterwards. But I usually put them in the basement once I'm dressed because I don't want them putting runs in my hosiery.

My dog is the most unprejudiced and accepting person in my life. He treats me exactly the same no matter how I'm dressed (or not dressed at all).

- Diane

At first my cat was a little freaked out. She asked the ususal questions, are you gay, do you want to be a woman, will I still get fed?
    Over time she's learnd to accept and is even thinking of joining this forum, maybe even the fab forum. (feline at birth)

Part of my "colorful" past includes being a vet-tech, a humane officer (with a cool badge!) and guard dog trainer, as well as owning dogs since I was four years old. My choc lab is now 14 yrs old, blind, almost deaf and walks like a robot from arthritic limbs...boo-hoo. I call him Helen (Keller) now, lol. But he still climbs the two flights of house stairs like a champ. It just takes him forever...he sounds like Lurch is coming...hehehe.

Dogs live in an olfactory world and rely on scent. They can smell 1 part urine in 10K parts water. That is why you are supposed to meticulously clean up the puppy pee on the floors/carpet (and use vinegar). If you don't they will smell it and go there again. They can even detect certain cancers, many illnesses, anticipate seizures, etc. The wet nose is a sponge to trap the scents for making sense of the world. Just sit and watch the end of their nose sometime...pretty amazing.

Sight...not so impressive. They have dichromatic vision. They only see part of the spectrum (mainly yellow & blue “greyish”...not red/green). Humans have trichomatic vision (we see the entire light wave spectrum). Dogs have more “rods” (greys), we have more “cones” (color). Remember that from school?...yea, right...lol. They see motion better than us but their visual acuity is poor (shapes and such). Supposedly their vision is like a human with 20/75 vision.

They smell you and confirm with the sound of your voice, your movements, etc. They don’t care what you wear...you aren’t fooling them.

Oh, and cats? Don't know/don't care...

There, now aren’t ya’ glad ya’ asked?...“ask for light...get a forest fire“...hehehe.

Pop quiz at 8am tomorrow morning. Bring a sharpened #2 pencil...WOOF

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've dressed around all 6 of my 4 legged kids since they were first brought into our home. I have two that totally go spastic when Erickka appears before them. Even with smelling and voice....no luck in calming them.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    My cat is usually fascinated with my wig for a minute or two. Then it's business as usual.

The difference between cats and dogs is....
    A dog looks at you and thinks "You feed me and give me shelter. You must be a God".
    A cat looks at you and thinks "You feed me and give me shelter. I must be a God".
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

My cats could care less if I'm dressed or not. Kind of give me that look and go about their business. Long as they have a warm bed and food in their bowl :-)

My dog doesn't react to my mode of dress, but the neighbor's dog, who loves me to pieces 'cause I give him cookies, freaks out when he sees me en femme.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Our dog has always "belonged" to women, one before she became ours, and now she knows that she belongs to my wife an daughter. I'm clearly just the guy in the house, and the alpha male as far as she is concerned, but I definitely am treated differently when in male mode.

Tina, however, clearly gets treated as one of the women of the house. The dog's entire personality changes for Tina. The tail is up, she's more attentive, and more interested in being around Tina than she would ever be around me when I'm in guy mode.

My wife and I have both noticed the difference and it's been that way for years.

My horses don't have any problem with it but dinosaur Bob, behind the couch in the living room, well-------.
    joank
    Southern California

strange... my dogs actually act different around me... really

stef

They look at me like they are thinking, "WTF?"....I get really nervous to have them around, they know to much.

My male dog doesn't seem to mind and the female doesn't until I put on the wig then she will have nothing to do with me and usually runs and hides. Then peeks out from behind something. Like she is trying to figure out what is going on and who the stranger is. She always hides when company comes.