Thread: I Could Use Some Therapy

I Could Use Some Therapy

Does anyone know how to get free therapy? I am uninsured and could use talking to someone. I am not very religious, I don't have Clergy, and not really anyone to talk to. Please note, that it is nothing serious, just life and all of its complexities. I have posted here and share some feelings withvgreat people, but I think most of you would understand what I am looking for! Thanks!

8rys, going on walkabout
    Find a local LGBT center, they often have counselors on a sliding scale. They may not be free, they may be or as little as 10 a session. If there is a local support group they may be able to help, or provide a referral of some sort.

Over here, we have mensline, where you pay what you can afford. Check out your local newspaper or telephone directory.

In addition to the previous suggestions, try to find a local cd/tg group. While they may not be a direct source of therapy, you will probably find others like yourself. Making friends, sharing common experiences and chatting with each other can be very therapeutic.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    This site is awesome !

http://www.dailystrength.org/
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Also try to check out area colleges and universities especially those with psychology and social work. They often have supervised clinics for grad and PHD students to learn under direction of supervising professional. Been to one and it can work for low or little fee.