Thread: She did it again!

She did it again!

Back in January I reported on my first ever trip out en femme (Baby's day out). Well, last week I decided nearly two months was long enough and it was time for another, so I told my boss I needed the 1st off for some me time. Er, her time, er, us time...ah, you know what I mean. Luckily he doesn't.

So as usual the day started off wrong. Planned on getting up at my normal time (6:10) and being out of the house by 8am for breakfast. But for *some* reason I didn't sleep well the last two nights and so when the alarm went off I'm afraid I smashed it's little brains in. Several times. So around 7 I'm awake, for various values of awake. Grabbed a shower. Remembered I was going to use some hair remover on my upper back. Apply, wait, wait, wait, back in the shower. So that's how the morning went. Didn't like the polish so took it off and tried again. Turned out the top I wanted to wear needed ironing. Etc, etc. Anyway, soon I'm all bootiful and out the door about 9:30ish so breakfast is out. Last time I had lunch, hit Lane Bryant and called it a day with sore feet. Today, damn the sore feet, full speed ahead.

First stop, Sally Beauty Supply. One other shopper, one SA. Picked up some things I'd put in my online wish list, plus a couple bottles of nail polish I noticed in colors I liked. Waited out the customer at the checkout and then approached. OK, no squeaky toy voice this time. Passable? Nope, but much better. I didn't get a "Ma'am" but she was very nice. We didn't chat, just "find everything" and "have a nice day" and I was out the door. Hey, this is a LOT more fun than shopping online! Outside of the fact that my heart was beating a mile a minute!

Now down the road to Stein Mart. The recent discussion here got me checking them out on-line and I signed up for their mailing list, which resulted in a 30% off clearance items coupon. Yay! Walked in, exchanged greetings with a couple SAs, and headed for the clearance racks. And couldn't find *one* darn thing that I liked in my size. But I did find a couple pairs of jeans on the regular racks that I liked so I'm off to try them on in the Women's fitting room. This is something I didn't have the nerve to do last time but this is a day for firsts! Head up, walk just like you belong there. And then a couple feet down the hall I realized they have these little bitty slatted doors on the rooms. Start about two feet up and no higher than five feet, and I'm six feet tall *without* heels. Too late to turn back now! I saw a few bare shoulders out of the corners of my eyes on my way to a room in the back. NO! I'm a lady, I didn't peek!

Now, since I'm wearing slacks I didn't shave my legs above the ankles. So I'm changing and I suddenly realize that anyone that comes walking by will probably see about a foot of hairy legs! I don't think I've every changed pants that fast in my entire life. Decided on the black pair of jeans, put the other back and wander around for awhile. Checked out the shoes but as expected they don't go to twelve. Checked the clip earrings out and found a pair I liked. As usual, no bracelets that I'm interested in that would fit. So I check out. Again, no "Ma'am" but she's very nice.

By now it's noon and I'm hungry so I'm looking for a place to eat. I'm not doing fast food on my day out! I want to sit down and to be waited on. But for one reason or other I just can't find a place I want to either eat at or try en femme. And then I remember Clear Springs Restaurant. Been in there a dozen times and always had female waitstaff. Don't know why but I just felt more comfortable with the idea of dealing with a female. I go in, the hostess seats me in a booth (maybe to hide me?), and up comes a guy with the menu. Lord. Oh well, raise the pitch, more resonance, and speak softer. Did he know? I have no idea but he didn't bat an eye, and was attentive but not overly so, so that got him a good tip.

And speaking of eating, I have a hard enough time coming away from the table without a spot or two on my shirt front normally. Now I've got these c-cup things sticking out over my plate. HOW DO THEY DO THIS? Lean forward the babies nearly go in the plate. Lean back, anything dripping off the fork in on my top. Sigh. I guess the problem really is that I can't scoot back in the booth enough so there's not enough room to lean forward properly. I survive it somehow though.

Next stop, Lane Bryant. Except there's a Catherine's next door so I do that first. Again, the same with the SA, no running into the parking lot screaming. Nothing that catches my eye so on to LB. Now there I did find something on the clearance rack. A long black skirt, normally $49 for $14. And they have fitting rooms with real doors so I walk right in. Yay! It fits. And it's a size down from what I expected, as were the jeans. The diet seems to still be working (see first thread for what happens when you don't realize you've lost weight). Come back out, wander, find bra (they're having a 40% everything, should have bought two), and check out. Again, pleasant and friendly. Go over to the Ultra Store. Need some new mascara. Even though I don't get a chance to use it up, I replace it every 90 days. Buy 2 get 1 sale so I grab a couple more items and check out. And once again all the SAs scream and faint..ah..I mean..are very pleasant. I could get used to this.

Several times on this journey I passed women and, of course, SAs. Not once did I notice any inquiring glances or strange looks. Nobody seemed to be paying inordinate attention to me. Which I figured if it was going to happen would have happened at Stein Mart when I headed towards the dressing rooms.

So, feet a little tired but I'm not done! I'm taking in a movie! Being a sci-fi geek I thought I'd check out "I am Number Four". OK, why didn't someone warn me this was "Twilight: Alien Edition"? Slightly above average movie IMHO. Looks like they've set it up for a sequel. The movie's over, everyone's heading out (I'm hanging back) and I realize something. I need to visit the little girls room. This is really a day for firsts. As I'm heading for the restroom I hear voices within so I detour to wait a bit. Two ladies exit, I enter and it's empty. It is Tuesday afternoon after all. Take care of business, wash, check lipstick. I hate hot air dryers! Once I'm at the truck, I'm trying to decide whether to stop for dinner en femme. I pull out my compact and check. Nope, too much 5 o'clock for a Dermablend touchup. Now I'm really glad I waited at the restroom.

Now the hardest part of the whole day. My wife gets off work at 3pm so she's home by now. I actually have to stop by the church for some business anyway but I know people will be there so I can't change there. Not even Hobson's choice, I'm going to have to clean up and change in the truck. At least this time I remembered the boy bag.

You know, I could really get used to this. Which is good because after I scheduled this day off, my wife let me know her regular gang decided to take a group trip out of town next weekend. I hear the pocketbook crying now but I don't care!

BTW, on the Sally site on the plus size nail tips page they have this note: Used for alternative lifestyles. Silly me, I thought they were used for your nails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Christine, though your day didn't start out a planned, it still was a fabulous day for you to be out and about. I love going out now but those first couple times really had the heart rate going.

Sounds like you made a great day out of a bad morning! It only gets better each time you go out! Have fun!

See? Most people really don't mind us being ourselves. I'm glad you had a great day.

BTW, I could tell just from the previews that "I am Number 4" was going to be Twilight with aliens instead of vampires. It IS based on a teen novel. If they're going to continue with this pattern, they need to go ahead with James Patterson's Maximum Ride series. Of course, he's such a big name, they'd probably spend half the budget just buying the rights.

I guess I hadn't paid that much attention to the previews beyond things blowing up, aliens, and ray guns. Think maybe I'll see "Unknown" on the 12th.

Hey proud of you going out and having a good day after a lousy start. Your braver than I am. ould luv to do it. The courage might come one day.