Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe I'm watching a Makeup Ad!

Can't believe I'm watching a Makeup Ad!

I've never been interested in this before! I'm watching how they do their eyebrows, eyelashes, and foundation. I didn't even used to know (that) much about foundation. WOW! That's pretty sweet!

I do the same thing and find myself looking at other women/girls in restaurants, checkout operators, in the street, actresses on TV to see what type of makeup/style they are using do they have any faults etc etc, I dont think I'm becoming obsessed (much) !! LOL
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

When I see women apply makeup (especially lipstick), I have to stare.

Like a car accident.... Its hard not to watch!! Lol. I've gotten so bad that when I go to movies. I try see what makeup they have in their purses or guess what brand and color the movie stars are wearing or see . ....
    Last edited by Karren H; 03-06-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What's hard to believe? I watch the ads and read articles in the fashion magazines as much as I can. If I can watch a GG putting her makeup on without staring and invading her privacy, I watch that in the hopes of learning how it's done. The GG's are so fast at it! I wonder if they have any clue how much money they could make teaching inexperienced girls like me how to apply makeup.

Cheers,

Linda

And all this time I thought we all watched any and all makeup ads. I always do.

We all do in one way or another. I watch that Natural You thing on TV all the time and several other beauty shows on quite a regular bases and I even try to catch some of those on line work shops even though they are few and far between.

It is good to expand your horizons (grin)!
    Hugs, Carole

It was a 30 minute infomercial and I watched from start to finish! It was great!

Sweet it is Phoebe! Love those commercials, such as lipstick! Than go to a store and try to buy the color the model was wearing! Only to find it doesn't look the same on me, or as good!

Former Member
    I love makeup commercials!

I love wearing makeup. I love putting on makeup. I love watching women put on makeup. The first thing I look at on a woman is her makeup.

Nuff said!

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe P. View Post
    It was a 30 minute infomercial and I watched from start to finish! It was great!
    Phoebe, you'd better be careful...those infomercials can be quite addictive!..... Just make sure you keep your CC handy......

Ready For A New Life Katherine1951's Avatar
    I like to visit the makeup sections of major department stores like Macy's, Nordstrom, etc. on Saturday and Sunday during their big makeup sale hours. There are a lot of women doing makeup on passing customers sitting in chairs around the counters. I don't know if the women are professional cosmotologists, are employed by the store, or by the makeup manufacturers, but they do wonderful work.

I try to find a customer being done whose face is shaped simular to mine and watch the lady do her magic. I don't go out en femme yet but plan on starting this year, when people see me standing there watching they ask me "Is that your girlfriend or wife"? or a simular question I just tell them, "I love to watch an artist work and she is doing a masterpiece". This usually gets a smile from all within earshot and a blush from the lady doing the makeup. Sometimes they offer me samples for my wife, I tell them, in a voice low enough for only them to hear... "I will take them for me if you apply it for me in private", this usually brings on a shocked look followed by a smile. I haven't had one offer to do it yet but you never know what life may throw at you, and when. Most are pretty cute too, I dated one for 5 years and would not mind another one in my life.

I don't buy their makeup, it is usually way out of my price range, but it gives you ideas for use with the less expensive ones. I get a lot of brand name cosmetics at different stores when they have their sales, and I am a coupon clipper so I same there also. Some stores offer a sale, their store coupon and also take the manufactuers coupon, BOGO works good that way too.

Hope you all try this.

Kat

No way I can ever go out. I'm 6'4" and would draw too much attention. I only wish I could do what you can do!

I Pray!!!

Lip Gloss is not poisonous! Mascara doesn't cause cancer! and Lipstick contains Vitamins!

Banned Read only
    If you're like me, when you do something, you want to do it right. How better to learn how to do something than learn from the experts? It's also a great way to get different looks with the same make up collection.

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Hey.....It's like me on Tuesday evenings anymore....I have to watch TLC's "What not to wear" with Stacey and Clinton....I find myself saying "yes I'd wear that" or "oh no I wouldn't"....And I wouldn't let anyone but Nick touch my hair.....And I might let Carmindy how me a thing or two with makeup.....[/SIZE]

http://www.kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    When I see women apply makeup (especially lipstick), I have to stare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Like a car accident.... Its hard not to watch!! Lol. I've gotten so bad that when I go to movies. I try see what makeup they have in their purses or guess what brand and color the movie stars are wearing or see . ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post

I love wearing makeup. I love putting on makeup. I love watching women put on makeup. The first thing I look at on a woman is her makeup.

Nuff said!
    ME TOO, ME TOO, ME TOO!!!!!

In a house full of low maintenance women I am going to end up being the makeup diva!

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra (Tx) View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Hey.....It's like me on Tuesday evenings anymore....I have to watch TLC's "What not to wear" with Stacey and Clinton....I find myself saying "yes I'd wear that" or "oh no I wouldn't"....And I wouldn't let anyone but Nick touch my hair.....And I might let Carmindy how me a thing or two with makeup.....[/SIZE]

Wouldn't it be cool if they did a "What Not To Wear" for one of "us?"

Most humans by nature are visual. We tend to observe and absorb information around us, and it is often subconscious. I recall watching makeup commercials and looking at magazine ads from a young age. I'm constantly on the lookout for new makeup looks and ideas wherever I can find them. I love shopping for makeup. I always have to stop in MAC and Sephora anytime I'm at the mall en femme, and it is hard for me to leave without buying something. So enjoy the makeup ads and don't stop looking!

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if they did a "What Not To Wear" for one of "us?"
    [SIZE="3"]Deb...I'd do it in a heartbeat.....$5k to shop?? You betcha....And a makeover??? Where do I sign up??? LOL[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Ready For A New Life Katherine1951's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe P. View Post
    No way I can ever go out. I'm 6'4" and would draw too much attention. I only wish I could do what you can do!
    How about wearing a nice, satiny, "Womans'" basketball team jacket or logo clothing? Mostly all of them are really tall, people who stare at your height will either think you are on a team, what the hell tell them you are. Or say you are a big fan. You could also say "I played in college (or High School) and still follow the sport".

Kat

If you like commercials, try going to MAC.com and check out some of there how to videos. They have great stuff, and want to show you how to use it, so you will buy it.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post

Nuff said!
    Me too Samatha, just love watching and then trying to do what I have just learnt.

I watch to educate myself on the proper way to apply all those beautiful products.