Thread: wow,,invited to a mary kay party

wow,,invited to a mary kay party

wife called me and told me that we was both invited to a mutual female friends mary kay party,, only the wife knows the cd part of me for sure,, i asked her why this friend wanted me to go and the wife said mary kay is about skin and face and I have a face,, talked to a couple friends about this and they said dont go,,its too much,,them knowing that i have been a maid of honor and done tupper ware and simply tasteful partys before,,, not sure if im going or not,,might be fun a nd a new first for me,, thinking on making excuse that im the wifes driver and she might drink a glass of wine and also we are out on a date from the party,,,not sure yet,,thinking the girls will vote for me to get a free makeover,,lol,,,
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Now that would be fun. I'd jump at the chance, especially if SO knows. You will get some new information, not to mention instructions and hands on know how, sounds like too much fun to pass up.

Wow that's like being invited to THE girl party. I'd be beside myself. Bring it on light and I'll bet the NBFs will have a ball with you in the group... Talk about getting the inside scoop on all the lessons that I've missed over the years...

Renne....

Be proud of who you are and don't pass up this great opportunity You will have great fun!

Do it

I recently co-hosted a MK party and it was a blast. Both GGs and a few of us girls and we all had a great time together. A warning MK is a bit pricey though.

Go! what a fun thing to be invited to, just act like a fish out of water, and they will think you are there for your wife, but be sure to get a close shave, just in case, then if they tease and want you to get the makeover, be shy, but be a good sport. Now I hope you don't get disappointed if you are not the one that gets made up, but you will still learn a lot just by sitting in the back and listening politely.
    Tina B.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 03-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If I was you I would go. It's the perfect "stealth way" to spend time with GGs doing something girly without outing yourself
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Reading this again this morning, I remembered a time in my teens, my mom was a Tupperware dealer, and we had moved into an area where we didn't know much about the safe and dangerous places, so when she had a party to hold at night, I was sent with her, so she would not be out on the roads at night alone. At first I sat way in the back of the room, after a while, I helped set up the displays, and the games that the ladies would play. eventually I found myself, giving demonstrations, and on more than one occasion, they would insist I join in the games. Those where some of the best party's I ever got to go to. I didn't get to dress, but was welcome into the group, just as they would have welcomed someones daughter. I got to do all the girly games, and since there where no boys there but me, no one teased me about it either, and mom was just glad to have the company, we've always been best frieds anyway.
    Tina B.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 03-06-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Gold Member
    I would do it. My wife and I got invited to a Lia Sophia jewelry party by a friend that knows. I figured I would be able to relax to a point and try the stuff on my wife to see how I like it. Then we both could buy stuff. Well, my wife got sick but I went anyway. I got there and the friend had her SO there. So at first I felt a little self-concious looking at things with another guy talking with me the whole time. This wasn't eased by only two people showing up (me and another lady). But I still relaxed a little and went through everything that was laid out and bought some items. I found out after that he knew about me. So I probably would have regretted it if I let any of those things get in the way.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Go and let your wife decide how much you should let show or how much you participate. It appears to me that all of you with SOs who know generally let the SO determine how out you will be. I would assume that the other women there will not grill you with her right there.
    She can deflect any comments directed at you by saying just what she told you. Perhaps you'd better discuss this with her prior to the party. And after the women get used to you being there they will be less prone to fussing over you if you show too much interest.

well I went and let me tell you,,, your not missing much at all,,, very boring and not at all what i thought it would be,,, glad at least now i know what i was missing,,,bought a few moisterizors,,,,
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Platinum Member
    I'm glad you chose to go for it - you're just being a good sport! I've never been to one.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-08-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: correction