Thread: Trip to Poland (Fearless Flyer)

Trip to Poland (Fearless Flyer)

Well, I did it again. (I added pics in a later reply)

I was sitting in the executive lounge at the Warsaw airport when I started to write this. It’s one of the perks of traveling so much and getting a frequent flyer status; that and not standing in all the long lines. I sometimes wonder what the folks in the long lines think when they see the transvestite walk up to the first class check-in 

My purpose for documenting my trip on this forum is to share with all of you and hopefully inspire others to do the same; just as I have been inspired by this forum to get out more.

I had to travel to Poland (Warsaw) for business. When I travel on business, I am usually by myself. So it is a great time for me to get in Abigail time. So, on departure day I dressed up in my jeans, a grey tee with purple, a cami underneath and a cute pair of booties (as cute as I could find in a size 12). I fixed my hair and makeup and headed to the airport (I was packed the night before).

In an attempt to keep this short I will just skip ahead to the parts that would be of concern or worry for the novice crossdressing traveler.

Other than a few stares, I didn’t encounter any issues at the Newark airport. Actually, I had a high moment when the guy at the lounge counter looked at my passport and did not believe it was mine (my ID is for the male version of me). I had to use my male voice and say with a smile, “it’s me”. He let me in.

A note about stares: I am starting to like getting stared at. When I catch a guy staring at me I feel more feminine (if that is even possible). But no matter who gazes at me I like to catch their gaze and watch them quickly turn away (sometimes they get red in the face). Sometimes I get someone that will just continue to stare at me and we lock gazes. They are probably thinking (is it a guy, it is it a girl…). I just smile and giggle as best I could.

So, my flight, as long as it was, went fine. Nobody cared who I was other than being another passenger. I was treated just like anyone else. I even managed some REM sleep on the plane and in coach to boot (no upgrade this time). I wonder if I was snoring like a guy.

So arriving in Poland was not unlike arriving in any other airport around the world; except the language was in Polish (and English). The immigration officer (like the lounge attendant) did not believe the passport was mine. She kept saying, “this isn’t yours” in her broken English. I said, “Wow! Thanks, I must have done a good job today.” That was twice in one day I wasn’t believed to be a guy dressed as a girl (even after the ID proves it). Very flattering. I’ll have to note how I did my makeup that day.

I managed to find a taxi and get to the hotel all in one piece. As it was early, I had time to sight see after I checked in. So I decided to take a walk to Old Town. I was told it was a ten minute walk from the hotel.

I grabbed a map and headed out with my booties, a unisex fleece jacket over a vest and my scarf. I was on a high. I hadn’t a care in the world. I was trotting up the street with a great big smile. Then it happened.

I noticed something strange. My arms started to get cold and my feet started to ache. I then realized that it was much colder than I had prepared for. And my boots were not made for walking. I mean, they were fine in airport corridors, but a ten minute walk up chilly streets. I needed different gear.

I stuck with it though, if I went back to change, I would not have gone back out. And besides, my only other pair of shoes was my black boots. It had a lower heel, but probably only a little more comfortable.

I made it to Old Town and took some pictures with my cell phone. I stayed away from many of the shops as I did not want to pay tourist prices for things I could probably get cheaper else where. I’ll check with my business contact who is local for places to get good deals.

At this point my feet were killing me, so I took a taxi back. What a relief to be off my feet. I had to meet my contact later in the day, so I got cleaned up and became male again. Well, everything except my nail polish. It was a light shade of pink with a pearl texture. It didn’t look all that obvious so I left it on.

I was there for business, so I spent the week in male mode. I did have a sport bra and pink stripped shorts that I planned to run in at the gym, but I never had time to work out. Work was busy. I also still had my nail polish on, but nobody said anything, although I did catch a few people looking at my hands.

I was scheduled to fly out on Friday. The only other outfit I brought with me was a red sweater, a black tiered skirt and black tights and boots. I honestly don’t know what I was thinking. The skirt was something I would do Latin dance in. And a red top – really! Where was I going to the North Pole or something?

So I needed something to wear home. I did still have my jeans and I had another “backup” tee that I could wear with it. But I wanted to do something more fun. I wanted to fly home in a skirt or a dress.

So, Thursday night I went to a mall nearby and did some shopping. I was still in male mode, but I went from store to store looking for a deal anyway. Once I start shopping I phase into Abigail no matter how I am dressed. I am clueless of my surroundings except for what was on the next rack. I had to consciously us my male voice whenever an SE talked to me (in Polish). Knowing they were only asking if I needed help, I just replied in English that I did not need help.

After a couple hours of searching and trying things on (yes, I used the woman’s dressing rooms), I ended up with a couple of new skirts, a long sleeve top, leggings and a scarf, all matching. I got it all for about $80. I was hoping to do better, but not bad considering I was at a mall.

I was so excited. I had a new outfit all set for my trip home. I had black boots, leggings that had black and orange blocks up the legs, a cute skirt with an orange, brown and black print design, solid brown long sleeve shirt, an orange scarf and an small flower clip for the hair.

Getting up was easy. I was so eager to get dressed and head home on my multi-leg flight. I was dressed, made up and ready to go within an hour. My trip home was for the most part uneventful. No body gave me a problem at any of the checkpoints or counters. I changed flights in Frankfurt and I had no problems there either. I did have someone next to me on the plane from Frankfurt. He was not very talkative. He even seemed a bit nervous. Ha, the flight attended asked if we were married when he was handing out the custom cards (because you only need to fill one card out per family). He did not want to give out two cards unnecessarily. The guy also had friends in some other seats. They kept staring at me and talking amongst themselves. More power to them, I wonder who won the bet ….

I was being picked up at the airport, so before I went through immigration and customs, I stopped at the ladies room to change and clean up. Then I quickly left so no one would see a guy in the ladies room.

When I got home, my daughter asked if I was wearing eyeliner. I guess I did not do a great job cleaning up. My wife just shook her head.

I liked that I now have an outfit from Poland. I think I will add that to my list of must do’s when traveling to another country; buy a new outfit.

Well, this ends my tale and I hope it took some of the your fears out of traveling crossdressed.

See, I told you I would keep it short…

cześć!
    Last edited by abigailf; 03-08-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Abigail,

What a wonderful, detailed look into the fun known as "Flying Pretty." Of course you weren't believed when you tried to tell them you were a male - you look that good as a woman!

Kathi

Wow - what a great adventure - thank you so much for sharing! hugs - Diane

Gold Member
    What a great trip! I think I would have come undone when an immigration officer who doesn't speak English as a native language questioned my ID. That would have set my nerves way off.

You didn't just travel pretty, you did it for long hours. That is awesome!

Wow! I am in awe. What a wonderful trip you had. I am totally jealous of your flying pretty because I can hardly walk pretty.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I'm glad You've got nice memories from the visit in my country. Maybe one day You'll have an occassion to visit it as tourist (without business duties, that is).

Once again Abigail sets the bar. That sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.
    Passing is fun, messing with peoples' minds when they are unsure even more fun.
    As for cold, check the weather report, then dress appriately.
    I am planning on going to France in the fall for my own sake, and doing the same thing.

I did not have a camera with me, but I took these with my phone and a mirror. The second pic was how I was dressed on the flight to Poland. The first was during the week one night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Thanks for sharing; it is always a joy to read about your adventures. Also you look as fabulous as ever.

Patti
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Wow

TOO COOL. I am so jealous. Thanks for posting. I definately have to fly pretty & your post makes me want it all that much more. Unfortunately, I fly only once every couple years.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Great trip report! But did you get your seatmate's phone number???