Thread: He acted the same as it ever was, like nothing was out of the ordinary

He acted the same as it ever was, like nothing was out of the ordinary

Last night I went out to meet the girls from Sisters of Boston group.. Had a good time and met some nice people.

It was really nice to finally meet Caroline and Ashley in person, and OMG, they're both so nice, friendly and sweet.

Anyway, I decided to visit a friend of mine in the area, he's the first friend I come out to and has been supportive and accepting since the beginning, however, has never seen "Lita" in person.. Only photos..

So, I get to his house and we hang out and talk, etc.. and it was the same as it ever was, like there was absolutely nothing different at all... It was like as if I wasn't even dressed as a girl

Anyway, just wanted to share..

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Thats fantastic. Sounds like you really have a true friend there, a friend to value. In the age we live it is not really that common anymore.

Lita, That sounds Sooo comfortable for lack of a better term and what a friend!

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    Peace of mind is priceless. I think congrats in order for the both of ya'. I'm personally glad for you.

I have at least a dozen friends just like that. Once I explained everything to them, after a couple weeks to digest it all, everything went back to normal. We hang out, drink, party, play on the XBOX or at Dave & Busters, and no one blinks an eye. If anything, they get a little "weird" when I'm not dressed en femme.

Friends like that are precious, hang on to that one!
    Tina B.

That must be a wonderful feeling; and what a good friend--you're very lucky!
    warmly, Linnea

WOW! What a true friend! We all could use a friend like that!

Hello, my name is Lacey. Kittie's Avatar
    In my experience people are nice to your face until you are not there.
    If only there were more people out there like your friend . x

I think that's wonderful Lita, you certainly have an accepting friend.

And kudos to you for having the initiative to introduce Lita to your friend in person.

That's a good story about a good friend. But I'm curious: didn't you talk about your transformation at all?

That is awesome that your friend accepted you so openly. It is one thing to see pictures, but to make you feel so comfortable in person, That is a great friend,

I am glad that you had a good time with the Sisters Group as well, I here they are some very special people.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    That's a good story about a good friend. But I'm curious: didn't you talk about your transformation at all?
    Just briefly. I've known him for 13yrs and I've known his wife for about 15yrs.. Ironic that I was friends with his wife for a couple years, then she hooks up with him and turns out he went to middle and high school with my wife and she's known him for almost her whole life, so, were all good friends with each other.

Anyway, when he come downstairs to open the door after I rang the buzzer, first thing out of his mouth was "wow" and then I sort of become apologetic and said something along the lines of "Are you ok with this" and he said "why wouldn't I be.. come on up"..

After we were upstairs for awhile talking, the only time me being dressed was mentioned was when I wanted to take off my wig because it was so hot inside his apartment, then he was telling me that his wife probably would of "laughed" about this... Not because she has an issue with TG/TS/CD, but because she's known me for so long and never expected this from me, and knows me as I was before, so she finds humor in it.. One of her best friends was pre-op trans whom followed through with SRS, so I know she has nothing against TG people, she's just a joker, lol... Anyway, I could not resist asking if he thought I looked like a girl, or if he could tell I was a guy dressed as a girl, and he assured me that in his eyes I pass and told me that his wife did not recognize me in my photos and he told her that it was me... I was there for about about 2 and a half hours, and of that, we only talked about TG/TS/CD for perhaps 20m to half hour of it as much of this part of me was already shared via online interaction or over the phone and when I saw him on Christmas, we were too busy talking about other stuff and it was not appropriate to bring it up as I was in drab, etc

It is great to know also that he and his wife will have no problem being with me out in public, so, I'm looking forward to great times with them.

Lita, you have defined "true" friend here! That's so fantastic. It's nice to spend time with some people who really know you. I got to do the same recently with one of our bridesmaids, whom also knew about Jessica, but had never seen me dressed either. Again, had a lovely evening, and her husband was really cool too! Hope you get the chance to hang out with your friends more int he future. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for elaborating, Lita. I would have hoped, and expected, that some discussion occurred. It would seemed so unnatural if it hadn't.

Did you find out more about the post-op friend? It would be cool to meet her (assuming she's a MTF).

That's a true friend. You're you, whatever the appearance.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie203 View Post
    Did you find out more about the post-op friend? It would be cool to meet her (assuming she's a MTF).
    I also knew this Mtf, and am friends with her wife, however, when I knew her, I did not know at the time that I my self was also transgender, so I never had the opportunity to share this in common with her. This woman and her wife are no longer together for reasons I do not have the liberty of discussing, but I have spoken to her wife many times since my own coming out.. She was one of the few among my first friends I come out to, because I know her experience on the subject and knew there would be acceptance and encouragement. I did hope to get in touch with her, but she's moved and it's been many years since I last saw her, which was right after her SRS.. Her name is Nikki. I moved to another state, life and things were complicated, I was rarely in the area, etc.. We were not very close, but did hang out many times to share conversation, coffee, dinner, etc in the past and it was when I come out and accepted my self that I looked up her wife on facebook and become reacquainted.

Also in the past, I knew a pre-op transwoman whom helped me work on my 69 Buick GS.. at the time, she was restoring a 70 Camaro and come to my house to yank the rear end out of my 73 Trans Am to swap into her car.. My wife was shocked at this busty girl whom heaped a complete rear end over her shoulder and walked to her van with it... Her name was Paula and I really wish I knew how to get in touch with her, but I only met her about 4 or 5 times back in 2000 -2001 before my house burned down.. A co-worker at my job at the time introduced me to her when he took me to her house to meet her, because the three of us were in the same neighborhood and all restoring classic muscle cars.
    Last edited by LitaKelley; 03-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.