Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caught in mascara

Red face Caught in mascara

Has anyone been caught after wearing mascara?

I havent worn it much anymore, due to the fact the last time i did I was at a friends house watching football and drinking beers when his wife came in and looked at me with a puzzled look. She then said why did you shape your eyebrows and wearing mascara? Me in front of my friend and all was just like what? I don't know what your talking about? She then just walked away. This has happened to me more than once. To think about it I think she has caught me more than once. But never really said anything else about it.

So how do you get mascara off completely? I usually sit there washing my eyelashes with makeup remover and pulling them with a towel or toilet paper.

I use garnier nutri pure oil free towelettes.
    xoxo

Johnsons baby gel/oil
    The ultimate woman is a man - House

Well Erika, please keep us informed how it all turns out with your friend and his wife and anyone else...lol This is going to get interesting...you may as well have gone in the kitchen with her and asked her advice on getting the mascara off and whether she likes your new brows...LOL! What's the difference? She knows anyway!! It will get interesting,please keep us up on it!

Caught?? I wear brown L'oreal feather lash all the time and no ones says a thing. To get eye makeup off completely I use Neutrogeneas oil free eye makeup remover. Takes off anything and everything off yet its gentle.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Funny how women notice these things and men don't. You've been sitting with your buddies for awhile and none of them say anything. Your friends wife comes in and within seconds out's you. I'ts that 6th sense again LOL.... Guess it also depends on how much your wearing. I'm wearing just a hint today, just enough to give a bit of definition between the lashes. I too am interested to hear how all this plays out.

That pesky mascara, that is how my 17 year old daughter ended up busting me. Left her make-up remover towels on my bathroom sink with a note saying "you need these more than I do, look at your eyes." Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Robynts View Post
    That pesky mascara, that is how my 17 year old daughter ended up busting me. Left her make-up remover towels on my bathroom sink with a note saying "you need these more than I do, look at your eyes." Ouch.

that actually sounds pretty cute
    xoxo

Hmm... Its happened to me a few times too - first time experimenting with black waterproof mascara - I washed my face and dried it on a white towel without checking first and left some telltale black smudges on it. Most recently, I thought I'd done a good job of washing it all off. When my wife came in she took one look at me and the first thing she jokingly said was 'Have you been at my mascara?' (Ha ha...) I use Johnsons baby lotion with white tissue until I cant make out any traces of dark colour.

I can never manage to get eye liner or mascara totally off. I've looked in the mirror at work a few times and noticed bits of dark eye liner, or that my lashes are still longer/fuller than normal, but if anybody else has notice, they haven't said anything.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Karren is right on this. It is the best thing I have found to remove my makeup and not irritate my eyelids.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika_girliegirl View Post
    She then said why did you shape your eyebrows and wearing mascara?
    (Sigh) ... this always happens doesn't it? .... and I don't mean being "caught" wearing makeup, but that someone notices and then almost "demands" to know why? ... almost like you broke some house rule or something.

I've even had strangers ask me that question! In this situation I suppose the person thought she knew you well enough to be able to ask, but still, why you do whatever you do, is your business. IMHO you shouldn't have to answer that question or justify your actions ... it's your prerogative as why you did it and it doesn't require a "reason" or that you have to say why.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Happened to me too. Thought I took it all off, my friends wife asked me if I had eyeliner on, i said no she smied and said looks good.

I got caught many years ago( some where around 30 yrs) buy a sister inlaw , i was asked " have you got mascara on" i said no it must be soot from when i cleaned a chimney , don`t think i got away with it somehow , now i just do not care what people think of the eye makeup .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Lmao! Yeah, I had this happen last fall! I put on mascara (blue) and did my lashes. Forgot about it. Changed and went to work - one of my co-workers spotted it from like 30 feet away and soon the whole shop was coming by to look at me! About 10 guys, and it's a blue collar shop! I made the excuse that it was trying out a costume for Halloween. Didn't work. Now I get all the 'girly' jobs, like the time they gave me the pink tile to cut.

But, I've had the last laugh, as I'm one of the best now in the shop, and they also give me all the hard jobs. See the picture below for example. I cut most of this - it's a floor mat about 4 feet across and I think it's somewhere in Camp Pendleton.

Hugs,
    Ann
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ann Thomas; 03-06-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Years ago the wife was out of town, and I did some makeup at night. Next day a guy at works asks if I am wearing mascara. I said my wife and I must have rubbed together in bed. Sure.
    My wife catches me at times--she knows--but dislikes it.
    Yesterday I used some new eye makeup remover from Artistry by Amway. Worked fine, but maybe I scrubbed too hard or opened my left eye too soon. It was irritated and itchy for 24 hours.

Oh yes! Been caught many times! I try hard not to be caught without mascara!

All I was alluding to was that Erika wasn't fooling his friend's wife...Cat is out of the bag...The why of it all doesn't matter..And it will soon become pillow talk[or has] LOL.

The Neutrogena works well - but maybe not well enough! I thought that I had been cleaning up pretty well however my wife and I were travelling recently and one of the hotels had complimentary make-up remover wipes in the bathroom. She brought them home and handed them to me when we were unpacking saying "maybe THESE will take your mascara off."

Being nearsighted, I never was able to to eye makeup including mascara, but I've been caught wearing my femme eye glasses (forgetting to change into my male frames), also I have been caught at times still wearing my nail polish.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I just use Nivea Lotion on the eyes. No problems. Carefully dab a bit on a rub gently with a tissue - or smother your eyes and rub like hell if you're in a hurry

It's the smears of foundation on the towel that's the giveaway You always think you've got it all off... you've wiped your face with a facecloth a 100 times... but that towel will always find a spot you missed

Zoe

Prior to transitioning I thought I was being careful but was busted by a female co-worker. Although she spotted it she was polite and did not say anything. Now we share make up and jewelry catalogs and are BFF.

When I was just out of High School (many years ago) I was working in a shop that produced a product for a local company. The product was make from graphite and the process used grinders. Needless to say there was graphite everywhere around there. Once, while working there I had to go to the Dr. because I had gotten something in my eye (not at work). This Dr. had been our family Dr. since I was an infant. When he looked at my eyes with his magnifier he asked me if I had been wearing mascara! Though I did CD, at that point in time I had never tried make up. Graphite is harder to remove than mascara, and there was still some around my eyelashes! I found out years later that he made an entry into my medical record that he thought I might have been wearing mascara. A long time ago, and I am sure I was a bigger worry then than now. LOL
    Molly

Getting caught in mascara & eyeliner

Quote Originally Posted by Erika_girliegirl View Post
    Has anyone been caught after wearing mascara?

I havent worn it much anymore, due to the fact the last time i did I was at a friends house watching football and drinking beers when his wife came in and looked at me with a puzzled look. She then said why did you shape your eyebrows and wearing mascara? Me in front of my friend and all was just like what? I don't know what your talking about? She then just walked away. This has happened to me more than once. To think about it I think she has caught me more than once. But never really said anything else about it.

So how do you get mascara off completely? I usually sit there washing my eyelashes with makeup remover and pulling them with a towel or toilet paper.
    Well, I dress everyday.......so I have been caught in mascara and eyeliner numerous times. But I eventually just forgot about the encounters and said oh well. Sometimes I get lazy with the makeup remover and there is some residue left over. My family has even said something about it, and I just shrug and laugh. My family still doesnt know about my transgender status. I think its kinda funny actually. Hope this advice helps.

xoxo,
    Breanna

thank you all for the advice.. ill try it out and keep you posted if i hear anything else from the friends wife