Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The importance of underwear

a bit nutty
    Dressing without the lingerie aspect is akin to having a bad-ass hot rod with a four banger under the hood. What would be the point?

vroooooom!

Without underwear, you have nothing for your lover to take off!

I'm pretty much an under-dresser , so for me my lingerie is what makes me feel complete as a person.

With my username, what do you think? These days I almost exclusively wear seamless bikini panties. I pick ones which could pass as a men's slip ( brief ) in Europe, and would probably pass without comment in an American locker room. Why? Well, I do get a bit of a kick out of it, but mostly these days, it's because I think it looks better, and it certainly feels better. Mens styles, IMO, look terrible, it's as if they deliberately design them so that they can't be considered even close to women's, and don't get me started on the stupid place they put seams, labels, etc.

For reference, I use Jockies comfies, seamless microfibre bikinis. If you go here,
    http://www.jockey.com/products/Comfi...rofiber-Bikini
    and read the reviews, you will see there are a few guys on there that say they fit very well.

For me feeling femme is all a part of what you feel in your emotional state not what you wear. That is why a gg can wear a jump suit and still present sexy because of the self image she projects. The internal self is what makes the outer self what we are.

Banned Read only
    If en femme, it must be feminine undergarments. And that means panties, bra, garter girdle or garter belt and a slip. No sense is just throwing on a house dress and calling it en femme. If out and about in guy mode, then I may wear panties and camisole along with thigh high stockings, if I feel the need to be feminine.

I started wearing panties 24/7 about 3 weeks ago, although I had wanted to for as long as I can remember. I wear many different fabrics and styles depending on my mood that day and half the fun is picking which ones to wear. It just help my boy and girl side come together.

April

I simply wear standard men's undershirts and briefs no matter what I wear on the outside, unless the undershirt would show. If that is the case, I of course don't wear the undershirt. I don't have any bras since my breasts do not hold up a pencil under them so I don't need them.

I have panties but I prefer the men's briefs due to the male anatomy. It is not worth the discomfort of panties since undergarments do not matter to me.

I wear pantyhose only if I am wearing a formal dress with heels. Then I wear them over men's briefs since the pantyhose stay up better with the rougher briefs under them.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 03-07-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    ...it feels comfortable, or should I say, comforting.

In posting the question, I had in mind some of the emotional aspect of what we wear underneath, and it possibly acts as an indicator of motivation. I've read in other threads about how much more comfortable women's panties are, and on the whole I tend to disagree, and as quoted above for me the key word is comforting - it's an emotional rather than a physical sensation. Mens briefs are designed for male anatomy, and as such I find them reasonably comfortable and don't underdress very often. However, when I CD although I tend to do the guy in a skirt thing, in this situation wearing male underwear just feels wrong, so I wear simple comfortable (and comforting) panties. This appears to contrast with the responses so far from others who present as male, which I find interesting.

Thanks for responses so far - generally consensus pretty much as I expected

Susie

Fanboy in Flares & a Bra jthong24's Avatar
    Hiya. I do still own a few pairs of men's underwear, but very seldom do I wear them. I'm mostly 24/7 panties whether I'm wearing something feminine or my male jeans. As far as physical comfort, it all depends on the style I wear... I'm sure we could all find some european styles designed for men that fit us just right. However, I agree that it's more of a mental comfort to wear panties. It gives me a bit of a thrill. Not sexual, not physical, but just mentally I walk around smirking, thinking "Oh, if they only knew!" Being a little risque underneath whatever I'm wearing on the outside matches my personality and I feel that shows through in my overall confidence and attitude during the day.

Platinum Member
    I always wear fem underwear....regardless of how I may be dressed on the outside. I feel that I can bring a little of my fem side with me regardless of the situation!

I am with Karren, except for the cotton male briefs. Otherwise, all that stuff keeps me together, squeezes where necessary, plumps where needed and helps me create an attractive and shapely (to me) Allie.

I never mix. I wear underwear according to the mode/code.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieK
    I understand that for many the underwear is everything, but what about others? For example if you're presenting as female but in a situation where you don't feel the need to tuck, or you're presenting as a man in a skirt/dress or androgynous outfit how important is the underwear?
    Do you always wear female underwear, always male or whatever is available? Does one or the other feel wrong because of who you feel you are?
    [SIZE="2"]You can’t wear a dress over male underwear – that is blasphemy. Male underwear is for male clothes, and, unless your taste is continental in nature, comfort is problematic. I began crossdressing from the outside, gradually moving to the interior, in direct opposition to the way most MtF crossdressers start their TV adventures. I wasn’t that interested in female underwear in the beginning, but I eventually came around, underlining the first sentence of this post. Granted, I don’t over-do it, preferring a minimalistic approach, but necessity is the mother of my intentions...

I feel (quite literally) that crossing the imaginary line between male and female begins with this differentiation between underwear types. One type is “there,” and the other is THERE, if you know what I mean. It’s the difference between a lumpy sack and a tender hug, form enclosing as opposed to form-fitting. Who wouldn’t want to be hugged, and how can we insult the beautiful garments that adorn our well-chosen foundation? Female underwear ONLY, please...
    [/SIZE]

Got it all, and I wear what I feel like for the day, or night, or morning, or afternoon. Whatever. As long as I'm comfortable for the day. But, when en femme, yes, the nicest and of corase, most practical panites. ;-)

Personally I think that female underwear makes the whole experience even more incredible and if you are going to present yourself as a women I really don't know any women that wear men's underwear. Well there was this one ...... Never mind.

Jeannie

panties 24/7... I haven't worn male underwear since the 80s.. went commando when I met my wife and was only able to wear panties in secret until coming out to her.. little did I know I would then progress to fully presenting as female full time.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Always female underwear, have never tucked, have sometimes worn "shapers" that are gaff-like in effect.

Full time panties was one of the very first changes I made upon realizing that I was a cross-dresser. Within a few months, any time I wore male underwear, I would fall out of it, but I didn't fall out of even thongs.

I have no inclination to go back to male underwear. I don't need to do so far "family reasons", and I don't do so for appointments of any sort, not even doctors or massage. I suppose if I were doing something like going to a gym I might have a bout of nerves, but I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to get over it.

Down below it's always female. It just feels more comfortable to me. I'm not so endowed that I feel the need to wear panties backwards but I do select carefully to make sure that the boys are accommodated. The sad fact is that women's panties are about 50 years more advanced than men's briefs, something I learned long before I could be honest with myself about CDing and admit that I just liked wearing them because they are femme.

Upstairs, no bra unless I have something to put in it. Can't see any real point in wearing one in male mode.

Someone said that form trumps function in the underwear department, and that is certainly my attitude. I just don't find women's panties to be very comfortable. I never considered myself to be more than average endowment as a male, but my male parts are not well supported in clothes designed for the female anatomy. I like to wear thongs by 2xist, which are very comfortable. However, since 2xist has a huge following in the gay community you have to be careful to not buy the models which exaggeratedly lift the male genitalia to show it off. If I'm wearing something filmy and body fitting, I get the underwear models which are designed to be worn under swimsuits, they are heavy on Spandex and definitely keep John and the Twins under control. Expensive, however, at $9-10 each.

hi me to panties 24/7 love them . got tons of them all colours.love deanna

Once I started wearing panties...I vowed never to go back to drab ones. I don't want to even think about going back to those uncomfortable drab things. I love my soft,silky undies.

ITs panties for me 24 7 365 dasy a year. THe only underware I even own is panties no male underwares in ths house

For me, beneath feminine clothes it's always feminine underwear. Unlike men's clothing, though, women's things offer a huge variety of options. So, at the minimum, it;s just panties and a bra under a skirt or dress, giving a wonderful lightness and freedom and feeling somewhat vulnerable. At the maximum, it's the bra (long-line quite often), high-waist girdle, stockings and slip. When wearing a dress over such underwear there is a completely different sensation: as I walk around I can see the dress but I can really feel only the underwear. The dress is really just a decorative outer cover. The feeling of vulnerability, lightness and freedom is replaced by a very firmly contained and held body moving inside a light, soft and feminine outer layer.

I wear female underwear because it's what I feel like I should be wearing; I don't usually wear female underwear when dressed as a male, especially when wearing anything where it could be noticed through my male clothes. There's also the ever so slight feeling of a different garment; the change of feeling a bra vs a t shirt is obvious, but there's also the feeling of nylon panties sliding against my skin which feels very different from, say, how it feels while wearing jockey shorts. Garters and stockings, as well as pantyhose, also feel quite different from wearing crew socks; of course, I should also mention that when I'm dressed as a pretty cheerleader, I wear those same white socks with my sneakers so it's all about the outfit, too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.