Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Ever thrown out your "femme" belongings, then REGRET it!!??

I have way to many times i think now the money i have wasted !!!.The last time was 5 yrs ago what was i thinking ??.Well i have vowed to never do it again im happy where i am at ,or try to be
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I don't even like to think about all the times I have purged. They are way too many and the ghosts of heels past still haunt me to this day.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

as a late starter, i'm also a late purger. but i hope to make up for it by learning quickly. still mourning the loss of things that went in my big (and hopefully last and only) major purge. The "quitting" effect didn't even last a week. No point in it at all...total illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethamy View Post
    as a late starter, i'm also a late purger. but i hope to make up for it by learning quickly. still mourning the loss of things that went in my big (and hopefully last and only) major purge. The "quitting" effect didn't even last a week. No point in it at all...total illusion.
    Yeah, did - many of times, It just does not go away. Next minute I'll be there again, missing some 200 pieces. I am over that now. From now on, all that goes in the bin has to be officially classified as drabs. I had a go at them horrible thingys some days back and now there are not much left.

/Johanna at wannabegirl dot co dot uk

Oh yeah, too many times. Always regret it later.

Oh, gosh, how many times i've purged my things, but i always end up getting more elaborate, like one irl mentioned, you get in a relationship, you think it's a phase that's passed, and then you return to it, i'd like to have all my old stuff back, i'm sure i'll purge again some day, and go through it all over! lol

Several times. But I never had anything but a shitload of panties.

After all of my purging I have deeply regretted iy. The last time was early 2004 or late 2003. Never again.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Hell no

Someone threw all my stuff away i would be naked ,,, An ya dont want to see that !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I would think if you were contemplating getting rid of all your stuff you could donate it to a shelter. That way some good could come out of it. Just throwing it out would be quite a waste.

Many times. Usually takes 6 months to a year to sink in, then a couple more years before I buy new stuff! You'd think I'd learn lol!

I did a 2 or 3 times up to the age of 25 or 30. Since then I've just accumulated a huge stash in the 'man' loft (reference to Michael Macintyre a Brit comedian who has a great set about the loft being the man's domain - wonderfully ironic in my case). I do regret getting rid of one pair of shoes in particular - but got so many more pairs now that it really doesn't matter anyway. Anyhow - don't believe in regrets...

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Rose View Post
    I would think if you were contemplating getting rid of all your stuff you could donate it to a shelter. That way some good could come out of it. Just throwing it out would be quite a waste.
    Good post. That's what I've been doing for the past few years, prob made a purge every 6months or so. Not a lot but it soon adds up. Seems I'm trapped in that cycle for the time being. Oh well.

I just went through a purge myself. It has been a while (almost 2 years) since I last dressed up and in that time I lost about 30 pounds and nothing I had fit! Luckily, when I mentioned to my wife that I would like to dress up again she and I went through all my clothes and makeup and got rid of everything that seemed to big, outdated or to old to use. The next day we went on a shopping spree and I got a few outfits and new shoes! This weekend we are shopping for makeup and possibly a new wig (or two).

Did it again just a few months ago, had a female frin for a long time who wanted to take the next step, so I purged away everything, and she blew me off....just went out today and bought 3 new outfits, not even embarrassed standing in line this time, going out tonite again first time in 3 months, more nervous than usual though....

I have done several complete purges over the years, always swearing to never purge again...the last purge was because of a move and limited luggage space....sigh
    Khelli
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Thrown out, discarded, given away, donated you name it I've done it!

However CDing is much like a drug. No matter how many times you do a geographical to try and put some distance between you and the monkey on your back, just like purging, it returns. If I've learnt anything in life you can't escape living with yourself.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

I did it once when I was growing up. From what it sounds like the collection of items I had was comparatively small -- it could fit in a small drawer -- but I'm not sure I regret doing it. It gave me space to think about things without worrying that somewhat else would stumble upon it.

That space, I think has been important for me figuring out who exactly I am.

Banned Read only
    Yes I have. I did it one major time back in 1997. Then it all came back so strongly in 2010 after I told my current wife what I once "USED" to do. So I'm back with her encouragement, and I cannot stop now or ever again. I remember I threw out hundreds of $$ worth of everything. I wish I had it all back now. I threw it all in a corner dumpster 50 miles away. I wish I had just donated it all to goodwill though. I guess we all do this at some point or the other. I cannot speak for anyone else even though it does seem to be the norm for purging, is out of shame and guilt, and of not understanding who we were way back when we threw it all away. There was no internet way back then. Maybe I would have been online and could have learned that I wasn't all of the horrors that I thought I was.
    I wanted so much to be a good person inside, I really was, but when all alone like that and of those memories, I thought I was a sick monster. After that purge, the urge continued to haunt me everyday for years. I fought it every minute of everyday for so long. The pressures of fighting back these strong desires, caused me to have a short fuse sometimes, with so many other problems in the mix of things, like missing the children the ex wife took away, and not letting me see them, and paying her a lot of money each week and having practically nothing left, and with so much pressure on my job, I found it so hard to hold my temper, which later I regretted.
    I really didn't realize back then that it was what I was fighting so hard inside and sub conciousley, that I needed to be Tara. I do know now that I will not ever purge the things I have now. I have thousands of $$ worth of womenly stuff.

Ahhhh, "THE PURGE", I have done it and REGRETTED it every time!! I can't say that I WON'T do it again, but one NEVER knows!

Dee Dee
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaSC View Post
    Ahhhh, "THE PURGE", I have done it and REGRETTED it every time!! I can't say that I WON'T do it again, but one NEVER knows!
    Too many times, but hopefully last fall was the LAST time. I'm getting too old to start over again...and again...and again

Platinum Member
    Rule no. 1 Never Ever purge!

Rule no. 2 If you feel that you must purge, See Rule no. 1 again !!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Purging - by all means, every time I wear something not femme it goes in the bin, and me being this wild chick - i even kept the long burlesque skirt and corset from London that the Thailand police found me in... sleeping in some mud pile two hours drive away from my hotel. I kept it all and is now going to pick them up from the cleaners, however fooked they are.

/Johanna - www.wannabegirl.co.uk - watch this space
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

there's a term for this! it's called purging and it is a cruel initiation rite to being transgendered and a crossdresser.
    i've done it many times and i have always regretted it but i must admit that at least i donated the clothes to good will.
    i would never throw them away.

emmi

I purge all the time too.
    I only have 12 inches of wardrobe space for mens clothes and 56 inches for Beverley.
    I have told her she has to get rid of some of it. She doesn't listen tho'.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.