Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever thrown out your "femme" belongings, then REGRET it!!??

altoid71

Ever thrown out your "femme" belongings, then REGRET it!!??

yeah ive done that twice now. before my move here to dallas, and then a year later breastforms and all (400 a pair forms) in the dumpster....twice!!!
    AHHH i did it cuz i gained a roomate and am fearful of him finding out . lol but i cant help getting ticked at myself for doing it. i mean ive thrown out thousands of dollars of stuff. corsets dresses etc. Anyone have similar problem in past????

Yeah, been there , more than once. But you will soon realize as I have,that the clothing doesn't make you, you, and purging won't change anything. The frustration in having to start over, not to mention the $. Next time lock your stuff in a trunk and know that your roommate has no business going into that.

Jeanna

I didn't. But my mom did once. Lost a nice corset, but most of the rest was from thrift stores. I found one of my skirts later in a thrift store, so at least she didn't just dump them.

Thanks to all I have learned here from those sharing personal experiences, I have never purged. I am certain if I ever do I will regret it. I am also certain if the fem side of me ever fades, that it will be back, so there is no use throwing out perfectly good money. As far as the room mate finding out, maybe a secure trunk like the job site boxes at home depot. You could always say it is a good storage locker and secure items you don't want to run off in case of a break in. I think I need to start a new business. I will call it you store it...for her. It would be a storage facility for those who want to store off site, or think they want to purge, again, this time for sure. Sorry about the losses, it seems it is a common theme here. Purge, regret, restock, repeat. Thanks to all who have shared their stories with us here, it has saved countless others from making the same mistake.

Banned Read only
    I've purged 4 or maybe 5 times. I think all cross dressers do. Never again. I told my wife about Jennifer and now there is no more fear about anyone finding out.

Lost count of the number of times I've done it thorugh guilt or fear. All those heels .... :-(
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in HEELS!

More than once my X dumped my belongings! So the last time she did I dumped her!

A lot of crossdressers run hot and cold with their dressing, especially the younger ones. And many make the mistake of thinking they can and will permanently stop, and the resulting purge can be quite costly.
    I hope that you will soon reach a point when you realize that your crossdressing is more important to you than accommodating the disdain your roomate may have for your crossdressing.

One more thing, there are cders on this forum who have hidden their things from there wives for decades. You'd think you would be able to hide yours from your roomate for awhile.

I have purged several times, but do so no longer. It took me a while to learn that I would always buy new stuff to replace, more than replace, what I had purged.

Banned Read only
    Yes, about five times. I won't do it anymore. I had some great stuff too.

Yep, as with most CD'rs I've purged in the past. Over the years, I've probably purged myself of several thousand dollars worth of fem clothing and accessories. I finally learned after about the 5th or 6th time, and haven't purged for quite a long time now. If the 'urge to purge' ever hits again, I'll pack everything in a big 'ol trunk I have, and wait it out, but I honestly don't think I'll ever have the urge again, since I've learned to accept who I am.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Put me down for two purges, luckily it was when I was young, and did not have near the money invested in it. But like most, I did lose things that I've never been able to replace, and I regret ever having done it. I confessed to being a cross dresser over thirty five years ago, and have never thought about purging since. Now as close as I come is thinning out the overflow, things that are worn out, outgrown, or where bad buys to Begin with, you know, thinks that just look bad on you. When it comes to womens clothing, I'm a collector, and collectors hate to give up anything from their collection.
    Tina B.

I've purged three times. The last time I really regretted it as I had some really nice stuff. It was expensive to replace a lot of the stuff the last time, and it was hard enough finding things my size. Never again.

I have no regrets. That was then and this is not.... Times change and so did I.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Unhappy

Yes I had, twice for fear of being discovered by my relatives, now that I am planning to move together with my girlfriend I am thinking of doing it again because I am scared about she finding my crossdressing because I think she can't deal with it and it really hurts =o(.

Yes, I did back a few years ago. Stupiest mistake I ever made. I had got (for a very short time) mixed up with some religious crack pots and the rest is a long story.

Next purge is going to be all the drab! Often think it will be fun to gather all the CD/TG friends that will come and have a huge bonfire fueled by drab clothing. Kind of an official crossing over party.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    We have all been there. But never again.

Actually...I have given my breast forms and wig to a needy sister, since I have my own now and grown my own hair.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

Learning, growing, living brookalicious's Avatar
    Yep, two purges here. It had to have been over $1000 worth of stuff that I threw out in each of those purges; but hey, everyone's got to learn.

I knew I was throwing them out because I was ashamed of what I was doing. Right before my 3rd purge, I thought to myself: "Even if you're ashamed of what you're doing, you're still wasting thousands of dollars that could be spent on your family." Then I just got a box and I threw everything in it and put it in the attic. It was about 3 months before I got it down again. But at least then I wasn't wasting money trying to replace what I'd thrown away.

Stopping the purges was one of the things that helped me become more secure in myself.
    ~b~

Winning!

"Even a hunter cannot kill a bird which flies to him for refuge."
    Chiune Sugihara

I've done the purge thing once! That was long ago, not involving a whole lot of stuff. Now-a-days the only purges are..... I'm just not going to wear that particular "crime of fashion." LOL!

Yea, done that, go forward and not make the same mistake. The only clothes I thrown out now are the clothes I've worn out.

Third and final purge was about 17 years ago. I wish I had some of that stuff back, particularly some great high heels.

Platinum Member
    Yes, more than once, but that was long ago! I'm pretty comfortable with myself these days.

I have purged 4 or 5 times but not in the last 12 years or so. I had so many favorite things that I tossed out. Now, I have new favorite things and will never purge again. This is a part of me that will not go away, like a bad house guest...jk

I can relate to it as well. Did it once or twice when I was yonger. Now, looking back, my excuse is that I was updating my wardrobe! Anyway...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Last time all my stuff found it's way to the attic, since I knew it was coming back out anyway. That lasted all of 2 months.

Gone
    Fortunately for me, my early purges were collected cast offs. I had some nice things, but life was too fluid to have much. Now however, following my acceptance, I've begun shopping with an eye towards the future and will never purge again.

*tears for all those who have lost heels...*

Renae