Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever thrown out your "femme" belongings, then REGRET it!!??

Oh you bet girl. I've perged at least 3 times although most of the clothes were from sources other than buying. That's a long story. If you are ever moving your house via a corporate move where they pay professional movers to pack your stuff. Make sure you take inventory of all your stuff. What a great job I had for a short while. A professional mover/packer. I feel bad about it now, but being left along in a womens room with a bunch of boxes and just me to go through all of it to pack... wow. I only 'barrowed' a single dress or under garmet or two. Nothing major. But what a feeling. Okay so maybe that was TMI.

After that I purged and moved onto another job that paid more but didn't have the wardrobe benefits...

This time, I have the money, the time and the 'net to get what I want when I want and feel good about buying it. However, the next perge (hope it never comes) is going to be a costly one.

Well with the thrift store just down the road, at least some lucky lady will win out...

Renne.....(.)(.)
    ..............).(
    ..............(Y)

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I finally got to the point of swearing that I would never purge again. The last time was just after I came out to my SO. Having an understanding SO has helped out in the pocketbook. Problem now is finding a place to put it all. LOL I have two dressers, one of each.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I have purged three times and after the last I have sworn never to do it again, all the beautiful things that I lost that can never really be replaced, or would cost a lot of money if I tried to !

Yeah, I purged at the insistence of my wife to be, and I really regret it, mainly because part of my purge was old photos of me dressed up back when I was still in high school. I didn't have many clothes or makeup back then so they were no big deal, but I sure wish I had kept the photos.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by RenneB View Post
    Oh you bet girl. I've perged at least 3 times although most of the clothes were from sources other than buying. That's a long story. If you are ever moving your house via a corporate move where they pay professional movers to pack your stuff. Make sure you take inventory of all your stuff. What a great job I had for a short while. A professional mover/packer. I feel bad about it now, but being left along in a womens room with a bunch of boxes and just me to go through all of it to pack... wow. I only 'barrowed' a single dress or under garmet or two. Nothing major. But what a feeling. Okay so maybe that was TMI.
    Don't feel too bad. I used to shoplift clothes because I was too embarassed to go through the checkout. I hate to admit it, but I still do it at thrift stores from time to time, then donate money or clothes back to them to make up for it. Sorry Salvation Army, but I promise your bell ringer will get a nice bonus this year!

Purged many times. Sometimes after some purchases I'll donate a few dresses to the good will. I try to keep my wardrobe manageable. I think if I didn't get rid of a few items I'd need a bigger closet. But I have regretted a few donations years later. Oh well I love to shop.

hi .o yes the old days i have done it 3 or 4 time but 7 or 8 months ago . i was shocked to fine that i was a crossdresser and i am more happyer now and enjoy it the wife not so much

I did shortly after I first met my fiance, and it co-insided with me telling her. Surprisingly she wanted to keep a few things. I lost a nice bra and panty set which I do miss, but everything else was pretty much crap. Not to mention, since I don't venture outside, I don't have to worry about quality, brand or fit, so I didn't spend a ton rebuilding my wardrobe. One thing I did lose which I wasn't happy about was my wig. When I told my fiance, then gf, that I was having urges to dress again, she tossed my wig (one of the things she wanted to keep) out of fear. She still owes me that one.

Kroma
    --------

"The road less traveled," is often less traveled for a reason ... mine is 6" stiletto's.

I am such a low-commitment, low-intensity crossdresser that I've never not purged. Sounds wierd just to say that, especially in light of all the other comments on this thread. The stuff I buy is always bottom-of-the-barrel junk from thrift stores and dollar stores anyway, so it's a minor amount of money lost. I only dress once or twice a year, then purge and get on with guy existence. It actually works pretty well. I love the fact that I'm transgendered, but I also love the fact that I am on the very mild end of the spectrum, and thus can spend 99 percent of my time drab and happy. The thing I always resented about being transgendered is that it automatically makes you a liar.... because when you're in a social environment and something pejorative about crossdressers or transexual people is said, you have to sit silently or be asked why-so-sympathetic. That's what it's like when you're younger anyway. I don't operate on that basis now, instead I speak up. Too lazy to actually dress much, however, so purging a bag of junky stuff at the end of a rare CD session is actually a relief.

Yep, been there done that, so many times I've lost count. During two marriages (both spouses knew but disapproved) I would amass a collection of lingerie and clothing only to purge and start over at a later time. Regrets, yes every time I purged. If I had all the money now that I spent on buying clothes then purging I would probably have enough to supplement my meager social security and live a comfortable retirement.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I think everyone's purged at some point, and I have done it, usually due to fear of discovery--for example, I've been in the middle of moving, and there was no way to get my stuff out of its hiding place, into something that would stay hidden during the move, and back into a new hiding place at the new place without a major logistical challenge. Lately, though, I've purged items because they wore out, they no longer fit, or I've just grown bored with them, which seems like progress to me.

Former Member
    I've never purged. It looks like I am a minority here! I paid too much for that stuff to throw it away!

I have thrown clothing away over the years. Mostly because it was out of style, or I just didn't wear it any more.

I do regret throwing my '80's clothing away. I love the '80's look. I had some great tops, mini skirts and an awesome "big hair" wig!

Never, never, never..... BUT, I did lose a breast form once...darn wish i had it now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Smith View Post
    I am such a low-commitment, low-intensity crossdresser that I've never not purged. Sounds wierd just to say that, especially in light of all the other comments on this thread. The stuff I buy is always bottom-of-the-barrel junk from thrift stores and dollar stores anyway, so it's a minor amount of money lost. I only dress once or twice a year, then purge and get on with guy existence. It actually works pretty well. I love the fact that I'm transgendered, but I also love the fact that I am on the very mild end of the spectrum, and thus can spend 99 percent of my time drab and happy. The thing I always resented about being transgendered is that it automatically makes you a liar.... because when you're in a social environment and something pejorative about crossdressers or transexual people is said, you have to sit silently or be asked why-so-sympathetic. That's what it's like when you're younger anyway. I don't operate on that basis now, instead I speak up. Too lazy to actually dress much, however, so purging a bag of junky stuff at the end of a rare CD session is actually a relief.
    Yeah, I usually go a few months between periods of having urges to dress. I usually get them when I'm bored or depressed or both.

I never loved being (partly) transgendered, although it supposedly means you're more creative, and I guess I like that I'm not insecure about my masculinity like a lot of guys. I kind of resent the fact that I don't have more productive urges, or at least more socially-acceptable ones. I don't think it makes you a liar though; I'm sympathetic to gays despite being very much straight. You may want to bring up the fact that being transsexual is a very common reason for suicide. I mean, you have to be at least somewhat sympathetic there.

I can't even begin to count the amount of times I've purged. I shudder to think of how many dollars I've thrown in dumpsters.

I purged once, never ever again. What a waste of money with nothing to show for it. Now I carefully select to ensure I have not the desire to purge. I still say we need a central warehouse/storage place where items can be stored till ready to CD again.

Yet another here who has never purged! I've no plans to do so anyway, but after reading all the stories of those who have I'm reminded of this: "Those who fail to learn from their mistakes are fools. Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of others are even BIGGER fools."

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    Only 1 purge here while in Florida on a business trip. I got rid of the most comfy pair of 3-1/2 inch brown pumps the night before I returned home. I was afraid that my wife was going to help me unpack. A totally irrational fear. I spent every evening of a three week business trip "en femme" in the room - it was glorious. Two more trips this spring with a calmer attitude and a chance for maybe getting out this time.
    Last edited by Helen Grandeis; 03-07-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: mispelled purge

The only way to purge and not regret it is not to CD again.

I did purge a couple times and I always regretted it. Luckily, I never purged a whole wardrobe. For example, a couple summers that I spent alone, I bought some stuff that I abandoned before going back home. Looking back, I'm sure I could have found a way to keep it all at home safely. I don't have to tell you how it feels. While I was alone I was safe, with all the family around the anxiety of having a secret would have killed me.

I'm so happy I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I've only purged once and yes I regreted it, immediately too!
    xoxo

You betcha. I purged I don't know how many pairs of shoes, some capri pants, skirts, nail polish, and women's jeans for someone I really wanted to be in love with. Then she turned out to be not so great and I'm still kicking myself for that.

I have several times in the past. The last time was probably around 1996 or so. Although I have always been extremely careful, I did not necessarily purge for fear of being discovered. Primarily, I did it because I stupidly felt guilt and shame that I am a CD. It took me some time to come to terms with it, and achieve self-acceptance over it. And thankfully I did, because that is a part of me I could not deny even if I tried - which I did try, and obviously failed. As much as I love my masculine side, I also love my fem side. There is definitely room for both, and always will be. Since fully accepting that part of myself, I have not felt a need to purge since. Which is not to say I don't replace and update my wardrobe when I get the chance.

yep, purged once and after that I told myself never again. Six Months later started to buy clothes for Amanda again, and still buying never to purge again.
    Amanda

I purged about four years ago. I came to regret doing so.
    GO SABRES
    LET'S GO BANDITS

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002059017021

Please mention this forum when requesting me, or your request will be ignored.

i've purged a few times, but it wasnt much.. just a few panties and bras, a skirt or 2 and a blouse. it was all thrift store fodder, nothing spectacular..

i did come close to purging about a month and a half ago.. that was a pretty tense situation for me.