Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have any of you spent time with your families as a girl?

Have any of you spent time with your families as a girl?

Just wondering if any of you have spent time with your parents or families as a girl or attended any family events like funerals or weddings and how were you accepted? I always wondered if I had just told my mom when I was younger about my interest in female clothing if I would have been allowed to dress up at home and then to take it a step further, if other family members knew would they accept me dressed as a girl?

NOT ME! I don't think I would be breathing air right now if I had!

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Not with my parents but I have spent some time with my daughter and her husband and baby as Stacey.
    It was a great time of acceptance for me.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Outside of my wife and children, no. I don't know about my extended family, but yes, I have wondered the same about telling my folks earlier in life. I'm sure, as clever as I thought I was being, their answer would have been something along the lines of "Yes, we know." Oh well. Hindsight and all that.

We have boundaries in our house for Kathie. So being en femme in the presence of other family, including my wife who has bought panties for me in the past, is a NO NO.

Not no way not no how. I would be ridiculed and told to move to whatever planet Cd's come from.

Jeannie

the happy camper
    I attended a Halloween party dressed up two years ago with my wife and children. My niece and her two daughters were also there.

As far as dressing to be dressed, and just chilling, nope. Only with my wife.

Nope. Only around the wife.

Unless one has full acceptance, I think that attending a wedding or a funeral in a mode different than that expected by the rest of the family would not be appropriate. It is very likely to be interpreted as attention-getting behavior and would not be respectful to the person(s) who are rightly the focus of the event.

I never have and never would of dreamed it when my father was still alive because he was very openly anti gay, bi, lesbian, or transgender. The rest of my family is not a whole a lot better.

This is a big NO for me. It might be a dream for many but I don't want to go there...
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hi.

Oh dear im the odd one out.

I do every day.ummm i dont do male & i dont really think i could any more.. funny that oh well....

...noeleena...

No, never, nada, nyet.......however you want to say it.

No one other than the wife, should have come out to my mother when I was a teenager, looking back on some of the things she allowed me to do, with out my fathers blessings, I think she would have understood, and been a great supporter. As a teenager in the early sixty's, she would let me use hair straighteners, hair coloring rinses, and a lot of little things like that, things boys just didn't do back then.
    Tina B.

I dress around Jean, my wife, all of the time.
    I dressed around my daughter when she lived in town.
    My mother has seen me dressed once.
    And my younger sister has seen me dressed every time she comes to my house.

Platinum Member
    not something I would consider. I look forward to someday being courageous enough to go out with my wife, but not to family things.

ACCEPTANCE should never be expected, or demanded, from another individual. Especially in regards to parents or family because it puts them in the vicarious position of deciding between their love for you and their own personal beliefs about what constitutes acceptable human behavior.
    I know my parents love me unconditionally. I am their SON. I am not trying to be a DAUGHTER to them. Their love doesn’t differ between SON and DAUGHTER. It is the same. Any perception of mine to the contrary is a product of my own mind.
    Acceptance STARTS and ENDS with one person. ONE PERSON ONLY! YOU! If you cannot ACCEPT yourself for WHO YOU ARE, if this is indeed WHO YOU ARE, then how can you possibly expect another person to reciprocate?
    “IF”s are a way of thinking about possibilities that MIGHT have been. Although they might be FUN to think about they do not adDRESS the matter of what “IS”!
    Yes, I’ve spent time with my parents and family and attended events. No. Sometimes I FELT like I wasn’t accepted. But I never asked for it in the first place. I’ll admit it hurts. That goes with the territory. Get used to it and get over it! That’s LIFE.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Not yet, but it's on the bucket list

fierce glamazon
    I came out last week to my parents and spent the weekend with them for the first time as avana

No not yet.....My parents might be accepting. My brother maybe. The rest of them-not likely!

Avana, That's great!!! How did things go,acceptance?........

Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

fierce glamazon
    Quote Originally Posted by BethCD View Post
    Avana, That's great!!! How did things go,acceptance?........

Beth
    they are wonderful people and embrace me as their daughter! so, very well.

Ugh! Not just no, but HELL no! It would probably kill my Mom and I don't want to think about my Dad! I love them too much to ever do that to them!

My grandparents dressed me up when I was about 4 or 5. I really don't know if this started me down the path or if i was already on it. I certainly don't blame them, I enjoy opportunties to dress and embrace it.

I have gone out on Halloween with my mother and wife. We dressed with the same theme. Black dresses and white vampire makeup. I have also dressed in front of the daughter, in the house only, on Halloween.