Thread: Looking for help in crossdressing

Looking for help in crossdressing

First off let me please explain myself. I am 25 and over the years since I was young I have occasionally dabbled in crossdressing. I find it fascinating and love how people can seem to completely change their identity with just a few changes. In college I expanded on it and proceeded to buy a few clothes and would dress in private. However, I am not very good at it at all and feel constantly in fear of getting caught.

Here is where I need the assistance. I guess you could say that part of my bucket list in life is to find out how I would look as a woman if it was done professionally or by someone with a lot more experience at than me. I've recently moved to the Twin Cities and was wondering if there were any professional transformation services in the area and how much they would cost, or could someone please just point me to a website that could help me. I would greatly appreciate the assistance. Thank you.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    you might want to call Sami's Closet Inc., 248-545-7436 and see if they are still in business. never used them personally
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Hi Grace. Don't give yourself away by being nervous. Try no to look too sexy but feminine.Try a concealer and make up that matches your skin tone to cover any shadow. Then use a modest blush and lipstick. Your wig should be similar to your own hair color. Start small. Go out to the grocery store or a short walk around and act like a girlish. Practice using a light voice. If you have a friend who accepts you as Grace go out with them it will take the nervous away. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best luck. We all here went through what you are going to. Cindy.

Grace, if you are trying to learn to use make up, try the web sites for the different companies, most all of them do videos on how to use there products. There is also a little girl on u-tube that does fantastic makeovers, and she shows you how, step by step. she is Oriental, but she does herself up to look like a lot of famous people, such as Madonna, or Lady Gaga, she even does herself up to look like Barbi. It's fun, she tells you what she is using step by step, as she does it for the camera. You are bound to pick up a few pointers from them. You might also try the local college, and see what trans organizations you have locally.
    Tina B.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 03-09-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Grace, here's a TIP for u! After u get your makeover or ANY TIME u think u look fem, take pictures! Later, u can look at them and decide rationally how u look. And, figure out how u can look BETTER! Show them to others here and you'll get TONS of helpful suggestions!
    We can help u more if we know how u look!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Grace. I've been to the twin cities but not looking for anything in CD. I love the downtown with all those skywalks. Great way to clack around in heels when the weather is bad. Not to mention the streetcar to THE mall. My ultimate attempt is to just blend in. Although I love the really wild clothes. Take a few shots around town of people and try to match their style/look.

Renne (.)(.)

First throw away all male clothing! Than get dressed as female! With enough practice you're bound to get it right!!! Just teasing! Hugs!

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    First throw away all male clothing! Than get dressed as female! With enough practice you're bound to get it right!!! Just teasing! Hugs!
    Although this was said in jest, there is a whole lot of truth in it. Women are not BORN looking like that (Now does THAT sound familiar?), they LEARN to look like that. Now, if you want to look like that, you have to learn also. That's all there is to it. It's not rocket science. It's not hard to learn. It just takes time and practice. There's lots of people on this site who will tel you the same thing. Buy some makeup and experiment. Buy some clothes and experiment.

Now, to answer your question. Yes, there are makeover services in almost ANY large metropolitan area in the country. How do you find them? I don't know. I don't use makeover services. Try your local GLBT center. Try the phone book.* I know that most cosmetic counters in large department stores do facial makeovers for free. But they expect you to buy something when it's done.

But it sounds like you want a total makeover, clothes, makeup, maybe undergarments also. Perhaps someone with experience in the Twin Cities can help. You may have to travel some distance. And you can certainly count on spending a fair amount of money. This kind of service costs a lot. Try several hundred dollars to start. I have a good friend who does this near where I live and she is not cheap.

By far, the best way to do this is to do just what women do. Practice. Try stuff out. Practice. Did I mention practice? Getting someone else to do it for you is a real cop out. It's easy, sure. But the satisfaction you will gain from being able to do what you want to do FOR YOURSELF is wonderful. Really.

S

*And try the internet (DUH). I really showed my age there, didn't I?

S
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 03-09-2011 at 09:38 PM.

The only thing I can add to this, is pay extra attention to how the GGs do it. Look at how they walk, talk, do their makeup, what they wear, in short... study women. It is a fun study.

I am a total advocate in going to a MAC store (or Ulta, Sephora, etc.) Other CDs do go into these stores, you will not be the first. Ask for help, and ask them to not just do it for you, but to show you how.

You will know what to wear if you notice what other women are wearing. Don't dress like a hooker (unless that is what you are going for). If you are dressing to blend, just wear what other girls wear. It isn't cheap to dress nice. The GGs manage this investment while they are getting older, and usually have parents to help. They don't have to go out and buy a second wardrobe all at once. Take your time. Buy quality.

Thank you for all the advice. It feels good to have advice from so many supportive people.

YouTube has all kinds of videos on make-up, MtF specific fashion, CD/TG tricks, voice changing, etc. Find some local friends and get out there. the only way to figure it out is the same way the girls did it in school - with each other's help.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Grace View Post
    First off let me please explain myself. I am 25 and over the years since I was young I have occasionally dabbled in crossdressing.
    Grace, you are young.

Another thing not mentioned is that you can go to many make-up stores or counters and get a make-up lesson. Don't mixed this up with a make-over. For a price, they will help you do up your face and you get the "why's" explained to you. Makes for a nice shortcut to getting started.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I know there are woman (GGs) who might disagree, but I really like the female form wearing something more feminine; a dress or a skirt. Longer hair and nicely made up with tasteful makeup. Luckily my personal tastes have matured and I like tasteful clothing rather than some ****ty outfit and heels.

Obviously your tastes may vary. I think the first thing you need to do is figure out what you want
    -Clothing
    -Shoes
    -Hair
    -Makeup
    -Jewelry & Accessories

Be who you want to be, there are no rules for you. Its hard to get or give advice until you know what you want. Do as little or as much as you want.

I've said too much already.........

Quote Originally Posted by Cindygirl65 View Post
    Hi Grace. Practice using a light voice.
    I never thought about it, but I have a very light voice. People are always asking me to speak up. I'm also certainly not a bass!

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    I've said too much already.........
    Darla I LOVE your posts! You could NEVER say too much! Hugs!

WOW! So much advice. While the topic as varied greatly from what I originally intended, I would like to thank everyone who took the time to give advice. I very much appreciate it.

Darla, is response to your comment, no comment is too long. I guess what I'm looking for is something of a full transformation to see what the final result could be if it was done by someone with a lot of skill.

Your best bet is to search the threads regarding makeup advice first, then padding, wigs and clothing, IMHO anyway.

One bit of advice, shaving, I use a Gilette Fusion followed by a Conair Twin head shaver, $10. It gets my chin area baby smooth, which is difficult with a razor.
    Watch out for triple-head shavers, they bite !!

Shaving legs, I start with a electric trimmer, then the Fusion, I use Exotic Infusions body wash for shave crearm, Morrocan is my favorite scent..
    Touchup with the twin head keeps bumps down to a minimum, using a razor too often high up gives me ingrown hairs, the twin head Conair keeps them in check.

Gluck
    Yolanda