Thread: En femme at shopping mall in Southampton

En femme at shopping mall in Southampton

It has been several years since I last ventured out en femme at shopping mall. I did it again, this time at West Quay shopping mall.

If you do go out, do you usually do it alone? Please share with me your experience, especially girls in UK.
    i.e.
    do you get dressed at home before going out?
    do you get dressed at shopping malls?
    how do you do your make up...any helpers? at shopping malls? which counters?
    do you take public transportation when dressing en femme?
    is it safe to go clubbing (alone)...say tiger tiger? especially on students' night? (i assumed it is safer on these nights, than dealing with rowdy adults...or maybe i'm wrong)

Also, I heard about Brighton Pride. Has anyone gone to this event? How was the experience?
    Are there a lot of CD there, or mainly gays and lesbians?

Thanks.
    Last edited by irenetancd; 03-12-2011 at 03:39 AM.

First of all let me say, that I love your picture! You look at peace with yourself and happy! Great smile! I shop and drive myself and always go alone! Keep going out and shopping! Because you're worth it! HUGS!!

You are absolutey adorable and passable. That is a good shopping look.

-Tatyana

[SIZE="4"]Where is 'West Quay shopping mall" ? Is it in London ? I wish I was there too ...[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]

I am a middle age Hong Kong Chinese man, my dream is to become a Racing Queen in real life.
    My adventage is having a slim body 5 ft. 4 in. tall, weights only 122 Lb., white skin and slim hands and legs.
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by irenetancd View Post
    It has been several years since I last ventured out en femme at shopping mall. I did it again, this time at West Quay shopping mall.
    Well done you! I do wonder why it was several years for you though???

If you do go out, do you usually do it alone? Please share with me your experience, especially girls in UK.
    i.e.
    I go out alone or with a friend, doesn't matter which to me. I find it easier with a friend as people pay even less attention to couple's than they do people alone.

do you get dressed at home before going out?
    do you get dressed at shopping malls?
    I get dressed at home each day, just putting on or checking light makeup before heading out.

how do you do your make up...any helpers? at shopping malls? which counters?
    by myself, at home. I've never ventured to a makeup counter in a department store. I'm quite happy buying off the shelf at Boots or Superdrug.

do you take public transportation when dressing en femme?
    I usually walk or drive into town, haven't used public transport in ages. I would have no real fears if I did use a bus as they're usually loaded with CCTV and linked to control rooms. First sign of trouble and the driver will usually stop and get help.

is it safe to go clubbing (alone)...say tiger tiger? especially on students' night? (i assumed it is safer on these nights, than dealing with rowdy adults...or maybe i'm wrong)

Also, I heard about Brighton Pride. Has anyone gone to this event? How was the experience?
    Are there a lot of CD there, or mainly gays and lesbians?
    I don't go to clubs and i don't live near Brighton so i can't answer these questions.

hi . you look beautiful and at home out shopping. i wont to one day go out but i don't think i look that good. take care love deanna

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    First of all let me say, that I love your picture! You look at peace with yourself and happy! Great smile! I shop and drive myself and always go alone! Keep going out and shopping! Because you're worth it! HUGS!!
    Thanks, Cynthia.
    If possible, I would prefer to drive to my destination. For this trip, I got dressed at departmental store changing room. I have to carry my male clothes in plastic bag, which is not a good idea. But I still enjoy the trip very much.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hi Irene,

First of all, congratulations on a successful outing. I know how daunting it can be ther first few times, but that photo of you looks ot me like a charming young lady.

I only go out alone because I do not have an SO, although I do link up as often as I can with the Clare Project in Brighton especially on their "Posh Nosh" evenings where a load of us go on for a meal in a restaurant after the drop-in session. Not sure if it is OK to publish their web address here, so if you are interested in Clare Project, PM me and I will pass it on to you. It is a great support group and we get people at every point on the TG spectrum from the occasional cd'er who only ever dresses for the meeting to those who have long since transitioned.

I usually travel by public transport and in the early days would often change in the loo on a train. Quite often I would need to change back whilst I was out so I tried to use the toilets in a department store and hoped that I did not attract too much attention by going in dressed and coming out in drab. At that time, I would also do my make-up (very inexpertly) on the train.

I can't answer your clubbing question as I have never gone clubbing either as Robert or as Rianna.

Brighton Pride last year was quite a fun event. Yes you will probably see far more L's G's and B' than T's you will also see a lot of hetero cis-gendered people who go along to support the event. Problem is that unless more of us T's go along then we will continue to be in the minority. On the parade, I also saw a number of transvestites who were dolled up to the nines - one even did the whole parade in 6 inch platforms!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

First off all you look great. Second well done for getting out in public like that. I've only ever gone out at night, and while comfortable being out in the street, I have chickened out of going into a mall or supermarket. Edinburgh is my favourite location to go out, but no idea on the club scene, I'm an old fart.
    Tell us about your trips out, as I love reading them, especially the UK girls.

Margaret
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Hi Irene,

First of all, congratulations on a successful outing. I know how daunting it can be ther first few times, but that photo of you looks ot me like a charming young lady.

I only go out alone because I do not have an SO, although I do link up as often as I can with the Clare Project in Brighton especially on their "Posh Nosh" evenings where a load of us go on for a meal in a restaurant after the drop-in session. Not sure if it is OK to publish their web address here, so if you are interested in Clare Project, PM me and I will pass it on to you. It is a great support group and we get people at every point on the TG spectrum from the occasional cd'er who only ever dresses for the meeting to those who have long since transitioned.

I usually travel by public transport and in the early days would often change in the loo on a train. Quite often I would need to change back whilst I was out so I tried to use the toilets in a department store and hoped that I did not attract too much attention by going in dressed and coming out in drab. At that time, I would also do my make-up (very inexpertly) on the train.

I can't answer your clubbing question as I have never gone clubbing either as Robert or as Rianna.

Brighton Pride last year was quite a fun event. Yes you will probably see far more L's G's and B' than T's you will also see a lot of hetero cis-gendered people who go along to support the event. Problem is that unless more of us T's go along then we will continue to be in the minority. On the parade, I also saw a number of transvestites who were dolled up to the nines - one even did the whole parade in 6 inch platforms!
    Thanks for referring to the Clare Project. I have found the website. Hopefully I can attend one of the Posh Nosh in the future.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Hopefully I can attend one of the Posh Nosh in the future.
    You'll definitely be welcome! Next one is 5th April. If you need to know how to find it, send me a PM
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

First of all thats a great photo Irene, you really do look the part.

OK - to your questions.

1. I always go out alone.
    2. I get dressed at home before going out.
    3. I do my own make up at home, with no assistance (sometimes that is obvious.
    4. Only for convenience sake, I always drive my own car, no public transport
    5. I have necer been clubbing en femme. Strictly daytime shopping mall adventures for this girl.

Tash

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Fab pic,wondering did you buy anything from La Senza?

I rarely have been out solo,for years went with TG friends,and I love going out with my Wife
    I used to underdress at home,then finished off in my friends car (mini),that was interesting I do my own make-up
    I never change at malls,when shopping I go to Elizabeth Arden makeup counter at Debenhams,(they are used to CD customers) and offer free makeovers
    Never done the Public Transport dressed,and for myself I always went with someone else,when going clubbing

I can only speak for Glasgow and Edinburgh Pride,but a cross section of ppl attend,They really are such fun events

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Irene, Just curious.....i admire your bravery intensely, but again am curious, do you go into men's dressing room drab, change to fem, and exit male dressing room as a girl?

Thanks, Beth
    Oh, how I wish....

Quote Originally Posted by BethCD View Post
    do you go into men's dressing room drab, change to fem, and exit male dressing room as a girl?
    Peacocks has shared changing rooms. At least it is the store that I went to.