Thread: Having a fem voice

Having a fem voice

From all fem characteristics, I think voice is the most difficult to do. I have never planned at this point to try it. Do not know how has been your experience with this part of passing.

Recently I found this video about a guy how is participating in a show where imitators compete. He (yes, HE) imitates Shakira, and he did it so well that Shakira herself met the guy today while she was visiting Chile.

The video is in spanish, but you will appreciate how well this guy did Shakira´s voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUcH2...eature=related
    Rachelf

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I only dress at home when I'm alone so do not need to pass. However, the voice is an important part of externalising my inner womanhood. If I am on my own and don't enough time to dress, I practice my female voice. I am fortunate enough not to have an overly masculine voice but still find it quite a challenge.
    Last edited by Kathryn Philips; 03-12-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

My male voice is pretty low pitched (low baritone) and I'm completely non-passable, despite how I dress, so I've never worked on a fem voice.

However, a few months back I auditioned for some audiobook work, and after I finished the recording the engineer told me he was amazed at how well I voiced the female characters, despite the natural tone of my voice.

I spent a lot time practicing in the car while driving too and from work. The best advice I read was about the resonance in your chest. Put your hand on your chest when you speak in your normal guy voice and you will feel your chest vibrate. now raise your voice and concentrate on removing that vibration. Once you get in the right pitch, now you can work on the second part which is tonal inflection. Guys typical use a very small pitch range when talking and depend more on volume to provide emphasis. But girls use a wider pitch range and use tone to provide emphasis.

Smile when you talk and remember to say please and thank you

Rachell,
    It's not the voice that matters. It's what the voice is saying.
    Imitation's are wonderful. They are less expensive and are available to everyone.(Sounds kinda ****ty doesn't it?) But they will never be the original. Originals are rare and priceless.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

The voice is easy. Try changing your height and shoe size! It does take a lot of work, but is very achievable for most people. If the voice is your biggest obstacle, you have it easy.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

I have the female voice down and never lose my voice or mix in my guy voice. I have a soft voice and it's easy to sound like a woman for me.

Crikey after watching the video, I feel humbled. Pure voice with no musical backing, amazing. Shakira and his voice are similar even when he speaks so I am getting more convinced it is in the pronunciation and delivery and not as a high pitch squeak. OR for me a high pitch squeal.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juno View Post
    The voice is easy. Try changing your height and shoe size! It does take a lot of work, but is very achievable for most people. If the voice is your biggest obstacle, you have it easy.
    Nicely put Juno.

And it's free too.

S

I am a natural baritone but can soften my voice and go up a couple octaves to tenor and it works for me. I don't think it sounds feminine when I'm talking to somebody else but I've heard plenty of GGs with deep throaty voices who sound the same so I can't be doing too bad.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land