Thread: Feelings when you first started to shave.

Feelings when you first started to shave.

Good evening all,

Now I know that this subject has most likely been touched on so many times, but being fairly new to this forum I just wanted to share my own personal thoughts, as well as getting some of yours.

A brief background. I have regularly shaved all my chest area, so nothing new there. However due to an allergic reaction (to what, I dont know yet) I have to heavily moisturise under my arms. As you can guess longish hair and thick moisturiser dont mix well. Sooooo, I used this as a great excuse to shave the area completely.

I completely understand that to many of you who are further down this road than myself, your reaction to this collossal revalation of mine may well be "So what ?" But to me, just starting out, it is a big deal. After all, we all have to start somewhere right ?

The point is that I found my emotions different to how I thought they would be. I was really excited at the prospect of shaving. I expected this, but while I was shaving, it just felt completely and utterly natural. In exactly the same way as it feels a lot more natural when I put a skirt on rather than jeans. There was no excitement, just contentment. I was an extremely happy girl that day.

So, my question is. When you all started shaving, did anybody else feel like this or even did you feel something completely different ? Please discuss.

I've fought body hair issues for years (even before I started dressing) so shaving always brought satisfaction at the hair being gone. The pleasure part always came later when sliding my legs into any clothing. It has always amazed how much better everything feels when I'm smooth shaved.

-Tatyana

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    First time I had all over shave,I felt this is it Sophie's time,though was also hoping didn't leave any tell-tale signs in the shower,was staying with my parents while waiting to move into council house after my first marriage ended

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Rachel 23, that is quite interesting. I felt EXACTLY the same way as you described the first time I shaved my legs. For me, shaving my legs was the part of my body that I wanted to shave the most, but was most afraid to do. I had fantasized about it for years before I finally did it. I remember clearly the day I finally took the plunge. I carefully set up and prepared everything, anticipating some kind of amazing cathartic mind blowing experience. I really took my time, and shaved my legs as smooth as they were the day I was born. Don't get me wong, it was an incredible experience, and I was instantly addicted to shaving my legs from that moment on. Of course, there was no doubt in my mind I would be addicted to it. But I was almost disappointed by my feelings while I was shaving, as compared to the anticipation I felt before shaving. I won't say it was a let down, but it was pretty close. And as I was contemplating this after finishing, I felt that it had more to do with this is how it should be, I should be shaving my legs, as opposed to I can't believe I am finally doing it. Like you, though, I was an extremely happy girl that day!

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, I've been shaving my arms, legs, chest & under arms for such a long time.
    At first it was something very special now it's just regular maintance.
    I use an eppilator not a razor it's great.

Orchid

It felt natural for myself.

When I first shaved my legs, I felt like I was doing something wrong. I knew I wanted to do it to feel better about myself but I thought that if anyone knew, I would be in trouble. Later, when I was in the Marine Corps, I always feared being seen with shaved legs. Now that I am older and my wife knows, I don't care. I will grow my leg hair for her while we are on vacation but aside from that, I keep them smooth all the time.

Ugh! I hate summer! I can't mow the lawn with smooth, shiny legs!

I'm growing them out b/c of that! Debating my arms...

I've LOVED having my legs shaved for the past couple of months! Everything is SOO much more sensuous. I drove down the road rubbing my legs b/c I loved the way they felt! Oh well... They should still be here in the fall!

My own personal transformation into my more aware transgender self has been a very sudden and rapid one.. So naturally, the day my first shipment arrived I knew the hair had to go. And hair is not a scarce thing on my body (lol). But I really have to say that it felt sooo liberating and beautiful to finally be bare again. It's like having your skin (and the feelings/perceptions you have about your skin) totally reborn & renewed. As wonderful as this is, I have been very self-conscious about my hairless legs as it relates to others noticing.. My calves are on the skinny side, and IMO the lack of hair would be a bit obvious so I have definitely not been wearing shorts until I tone these calves up a bit

well here i sit just home, first thing was a shower and shave. only two places i do not shave one on top, the other not on top. but if i could just get to my back then i would there also, for now just foam to dissolve the hair. but if only i could get the hair on top to grow like it did when i was much younger.
    as for what it felt like the first time...O so long ago, but prickelys for the first couple times. found out not having the fur on me helps in the "clean" of the body and cuts way down on the smelly stuff growing on me.
    getting into some of my things is just so much better with no fur there.
    working with a eplater now. wish i had started some decades earlier.
    and even trimming by plucking the brows they just look so much better....even in guy mode.

The first time was scary. What will others think?
    But the feeling of being free of all that hair was empowering. At last I was free to be me and wear the things I wanted to wear without looking like a side show freak. Ugh how I hated all that hair under my nylons and everywhere else it showed. Now being smooth and soft all over is just as natural as breathing and I refuse to stop doing either...they won't take me without a fight!!!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

For me the excitement was when I looked in mirror and liked what I saw

The first time was about 12 years ago and was a real turning point for me. I'm very hairy and decided to shave everything, including underarms, that first time. It was like stripping away my masculinity and allowing the other side to come out. I was surprised at how natural it felt and I've never had a desire since to grow it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gwenbeth View Post
    For me the excitement was when I looked in mirror and liked what I saw
    I completely agree! After 12 years I could actually see what my legs looked like in their full definition.. That was a very feminine moment

Before my "coming out experience" I was a closet dresser for too many years. During that time I sported a full beard to enhance my male side while keeping my femme side a deep secret, so shaving wasn't my first priority. Since coming out however, I shaved off my beard and most of my chest hair. I keep my legs clean shaven and arm hair as short as possible. I never shave down in the hinterland (because I believe adults should look like adults) but keep it neatly trimmed. I have several items that I use for shaving including an electric hair clipper, a rechargable grooming kit, a triple head electric shaver and a blade razor. I have found that the grooming kit with the small clipper head does a good job on my underarms (no chafing or burning) and is also great for trimming eyebrows and that pesky nose and ear hair.

I love the smooth feel of my shaved legs in pantyhose and the look of my arms and chest with short sleeve summer tops. Daily shaving has become a ritual for me which I consider a good thing because I can easily switch from male to femme with ease. The full beard is gone forever and the daily maintenance had become a way of life.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

My feelings about shaving? Why Did I Wait So Long?
    It does feel nice and natural and a benifit to putting loton on dry skin, which works so much better without hair.

Hosiery was and still is my favourite part of CD'ing; it was the most accessible item of women's clothing for me when I was little, and I'm sure that's why I developed such a bond with it. When I hit my teens and the leg hair started coming, I'd always fantasized about how it would feel to wear nylons with a fresh leg-shave. I don't remember exactly when I took the plunge, but I do remember the feeling: Wow. Ever since, I've been unable to enjoy CD'ing at all unless my whole body, especially the legs, are freshly shaved. It makes that much of a difference to me.

Love the feeling being hair free. Love shaving my legs below the knees, above the knees become a chore, then comes the pubic region, then the tusch, then the tummy, then the chest, then the arms, then the face, then comes a sigh of relief. Then the moisturizer is applied and my body loves me for looking after it as I dance around the room allowing the air to caress and lightly kiss my skin. Yay, love it.

The first time for me was only about 6 months ago once I told my wife about my cd'ing. Wow was that liberating. It felt so great to just be able to shave my legs finally w/o having to worry about what my wife would say or think. And I agree it was very nice to see what my legs looked like w/o the hair. It was like "huh? really?" But I do love the way it makes me feel all around to shave my legs & chest.

And of course I love the way hose feel on them when shaved.

I did a coarse job with the electric trimmers on Wednesday, covering all major areas (with extreme work on the legs). Then this afternoon I finally completed step 2, which was the full in-by-inch close shave.. My oh my, it is truly devine. That's all I can say.