Thread: The next 4 days

The next 4 days

So I have the house to myself the next four days.

Only thing is, I have next to no desire to CD, or even go androgynous. I think but cannot be sure this is a sign of depression. Most likely due to past events.

Anyone else have this happen. Ample opportunity to have fun, and not having the desire to utilize the time for such.

I am concerned.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

On Hiatus
    I have had a similar experience, and I wasn't quite sure if it was the result of a depressive state of mind (as you mentioned), just being occupied with other things, or just wanting some guy time to myself. I wouldn't immediately jump to the conclusion of its being caused by depression. . . though, I see how you could be depressed over some of the things that have happened with you recently.
    Last edited by SarahMarie42; 04-02-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Syntactical issue.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Maybe you need the time to just relax. Take a nice hot bath with a candle ad a glass of wine.

Maybe it has to do with the recent flack from your mother over your style of dress, and the confrontations have turned you off of it for a while? This would be understandable.

Also, my SO told me that she can't explain why her desire to dress ebbs and flows. At one point she didn't need to dress for about one year. I guess this just happens to some people sometimes depending on what's going on in their lives. My SO told me she didn't worry about it. She knew that she'd get back to it when the mood struck.
    Reine

Happened to me last week when I had privacy . I couldn't seem to get started. 9 pm. But finally I just popped on an old wig. And after a few minutes I needed lipstick, then some quick favorite earrings. Then I needed a necklace to match. I finished up trying on many outfits before I was done--it got really late--I went to bed at 4 am. LOL!

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    I get lots of opportunity to dress but aside from panties I can go weeks without the need to slip into a dress

There's more to life than clothes. Just use your time to raise your spirits, whatever that turns out to be--starting a project, finishing one, partying, meditating, decorating, cleaning, conversing, watching, ...

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I get this too, I'm even having it now. My girlfriend is away for the weekend and told me this would be my opportunity to "go to town". I did not use the opportunity for most of the day, and still feel fairly lukewarm about it now (the "guy in a dress" feeling rather than the feminine feeling). Just having the opportunity and being allowed to dress takes a lot of the pressure off. I wouldn't immediately think I was depressed just because I felt differently than I expected! Of course, if you feel yourself losing interest in other aspects of your life as well, like your hobbies, friends, or job, then keep an eye on it. But feeling bummed out for a week does not make you depressed. It just makes you bummed out. Negative emotions are not by definition an illness.

Pythos,
    It happens to all of us. The end of this week, where I had dressed every day in the beginning, I found no desire to dress. I usually put finger nail polish on after work so that I can go to church in the morning. I started to do it Thursday only to put base coat on two before I took out the remover and took it off. I haven't gotten into the mood since but I haven't had the opportunity either. As someone else suggested, just try putting on some cloths and see what happens. Sometimes it is all I need to get through the blues. As I see myself as two "persons" who fight for supremacy from time to time, I realize that sometimes one "person" has such a strangle hold that we have to consciously let the other one out in order to maintain our sanity.

Hope this helps.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Gold Member
    "This thing that we do" is not something you necessarily just have some free time so you do it. There is mood, desire, timing. If life is stressful, then your mind may not be into it. And from some of your posts lately, it doesn't seem like everything is going the way you want it to. So do as Lainie says; go do something that you will have fun with and lift your spirits. Maybe after that you will want to take advantage of the other three days. Maybe not. But it is time to treat Pythos and it doesn't have to be about dressing. That urge will come on its own.

Yeah, I get this... it is really frustrating as you build up to what could be possible and then... whammo!

I got to have two nights away last week and took all my gear and camera and was all prepped up for some more photos... but nothing... I got back to my room and just wanted to chill... I put on some clothes, but no make-up etc...

A lost opportunity... but it happens!

It happens to me most when I am tired and run down... sometimes we have to look after our needs as physical entities and not necessarily through a need to CD?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just hope you feel GOOD again when you wake up in the morning.

Try to have a happy heart, no matter how you are dressed.

And if you can't....and we all just sometimes have to hold on....
    And know whatever troubles us, even if we can't identify it, will pass.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Hiya Pythos
    This is the classic scenario.
    You have the freedom to indulge yourself and because there is no challenge you don't feel the need to take advantage of the situation.
    I am sure this happens to us all.
    PJ

Philipa Jane

Drink til you pass out, sleep for 18 hours... and see if you feel better.

I too have had times of this...that feeling of "blah" or "sigh"... having a family and children definitely puts a curb on your girl time, so I too should be jumping at every chance or moment, but sometimes its just that missing feeling that keeps me in drab. I can equate it even to just wearing my heels every night...some nights I do, some nights I don't, but I CAN each and every night . Same with dressing...my wife will not say "no" and I am free to dress in our room every night, but some nights I just say " tomorrow " in my head....hope your next few days are better....