Thread: Thoughts on Seattle

Thoughts on Seattle

Hey y'all. Seriously considering going full time in the future. I'm considering Seattle. Anyone have experience in Seattle that they would be willing to share. I've heard that it is relatively speaking trans friendly. Are some neighborhoods better than others? At any rate thanks for any and all information to be shared.

Lex

I lived just outside of Seattle for two years while I was in the Navy. (Whidbey Island) I went out dressed a few times and never had any issues, and found the people to be very friendly. Like anywhere I'm sure there are people who are less than friendly, but overall I think Seattle is a great place for someone to transition. (Not to mention a great and fun city)

Lex,

I live closer to Tacoma and do not go out enfemme. If you are thinking of the urban areas of Seattle, the area of Capital Hill is widely known as popular with the LGBT community. I have never experienced it myself. I would say that the greater Seattle area is fairly accepting, but there is always some moron in the crowd. Good Luck.

Jaydee

Woman on the outside Jennie1975's Avatar
    Hi Lexi

I am transitioning and live full time as Jennifer. I currently am living in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of S. Seattle. I love it. I have lived as far north as Everett, then the Northgate neighborhood. I haven't been in any part of Seattle that I don't feel comfortable and accepted. Capital Hill is a hub for the LGBTQ community but you will find us everywhere from downtown to the suburbs. If you do decide to visit or relocate please feel free to contact me. We also have several different groups that I participate in Ingersoll Gender alliance, Emerald City Social club to name two. Both can be found on the internet.

Washington state has a very broad and indepth protection law in place that includes gender identity. The law is RCW 49.60.040.

Jennifer

ask Vanessa http://www.crossdresserheaven.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lexinicole View Post
    Hey y'all. Seriously considering going full time in the future. I'm considering Seattle. Anyone have experience in Seattle that they would be willing to share. I've heard that it is relatively speaking trans friendly. Are some neighborhoods better than others? At any rate thanks for any and all information to be shared.

Lex

I live in Seatlle and I find it very trans friendly. The most trans friendly neighborhood is probably capital hill, there seems to be more TGs there than most places. But these days you never know, we're everywhere!