Thread: Walk in the woods (Another memory)

Walk in the woods (Another memory)

I spent a lot of time in the woods growing up. I felt comfortable and safe there. This is where I did the majority of my cross dressing. I would pack up the clothes that I wanted to wear and hike miles into the dark forests to my favorite place, a small meadow encircled by a row of huge pine trees. There were no mirrors there or prying eyes to tell me how silly I might have looked. There were just the trees which stood by without judgment or opinion.
    I would put on the dress and dance throughout the meadow for hours. It made me feel freedom that I couldn’t get anywhere else. This was my escape from the calamity at home and constant bullying at school. Here I had peace.
    The trees were my only true friends and they supported me by allowing me to climb to their very tops and look out at the breathtaking view of country side from above. So beautiful.
    When I would get home my mother would ask me “Where were you?”
    “I just went for a walk in the woods.” I would say.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

What a wonderful memory - thank you for sharing it. Do you still go to the woods today?
    Hugs

Sammy
    xoxox

I used to love going out into the woods alone as a child. I didn't dress but it was very nice to be out in the quiet by myself. Thanks for sharing your story Dawn.

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar
    Very nice... wish I has a patch of woods like that now in life.....

Dawn, Truly a most wonderful, Beautiful description... I live in Washington State, and there are lots of woods here... so you have inspired me... I think I will always carry a dress and/or a skirt and top, and wear them when I can... thank you so much for the beautiful description...

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    This so reminds me of my own time spent in the woods as a child/teen. On one farm we lived on we had an abondened farm house on the opposite side of a 660 acre wooded lot where I kept all my clothing and spent a good deal of my time. I would skip school and dress all day, running in the woods or swimming in the creeks of Southwest Missouri.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Dawn. We have a creek going through our woods of mostly cedars. I would take a blanket and lunch and my clothes and have a wonderful time. The lite breeze on my skirt felt so good. Thanks for the memory. Denise

I had a simillar experience, in that throughout my younger years I had a few locations I would go off to. One was a vehicle scrap yard, that had large scrap vans and lorries that had plenty of room, where I would take my stuff. This was mainly tights, pantys and bras, and I had the peace and privacy I needed to wear girl stuff. If anyone asked I would just say I had been out for a walk. So many pleasant memories coming back just typing this out, especially of grey and light brown tights, that were the fashion for girls when I was at school back in the 70's
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Yes. I still love the woodlands. One of the advantages of taking long bike trips through many states is that I get to visit many national forests. I'm a minimalist when it comes to camping. I hardly ever pitch a tent. I prefer sleeping under the stars. I love the smell of the cool damp forest. The taste of fresh water from a stream. I do not fear the creatures of the forest. I respect them and in return they respect me. Much of what I learned about the woods came from my oldest brother, who was quite a hunter. His idea of fun was getting dropped off by plane into isolated areas in canada. He loved the outdoors. Unfortunately he passed away years ago in a motorcycle accident. I miss him.

Dawn you story is lovely. I most enjoy the mental picture you painted for me. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. It seems he was able to give you an everlasting gift before he passed. I also enjoy the time I can spend in the woods. Nothing is better than the sound of silence.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Aspiring Member
    I remember a few times in my teens when I would take some clothes and head out to the fields. What a thrill to walk in the moonlight wearing a slip or nightgown on warm summer nights!

That setting sounds so beautiful and peaceful! I'm sure a nice memory like that makes you want to relive it!

That sounds like a great place in your memory, and just like the place I want to retire too.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Teri Ray View Post
    Dawn you story is lovely. I most enjoy the mental picture you painted for me. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. It seems he was able to give you an everlasting gift before he passed. I also enjoy the time I can spend in the woods. Nothing is better than the sound of silence.
    My brother was very special to me. We used to do a lot of trapping. Mostly muskrats and mink. He showed me how to find my way around out there without getting lost, how to build a shelter, how to track prey and how to survive. He was a good teacher.

"Nothing is better than the sound of silence." What forest are you talking about? The woods are alive with the sound of nature's symphonies. Not the version that you can purchase on a CD ROM. The real thing. Bach and Beethoven pale in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmarrie1961 View Post
    Yes. I still love the woodlands. One of the advantages of taking long bike trips through many states is that I get to visit many national forests.
    Me too. Isn't that a great way to travel and actually see and hear things!

Debby

Who we are is not what profile picture we post on the INTERNET or what insignificant toil we perform as a clog in the industrial world. Who we are is so much more than all these things.
    We are the accumulation of all of our life's experiences. All the sights,smells, sounds and emotions that are gathered into our memories over the years. Some memories are painful but even they are a part of the whole. Learn from them, do not dwell, and move on.
    What I learn from my time in the forests is that everything that exists is intertwined and draws it strength form around it. Then give that energy back. All things have a purpose for being. Even us. To share one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Me too. Isn't that a great way to travel and actually see and hear things!

Debby
    I will be embarking on the next leg of my journey soon. Now that the weather is finally breaking and spring is in the air. My shoulder and collar bone have finally mended enough for me to begin my trek into the rocky mountains to wards the west coast. I look forward to sleeping on the cold earth again. Have you ever shaved you legs, or washed your hair, in a cool mountain stream? There's nothing like it. Have you ever heard the sound, in the middle of the night, of deer coming running though the bush? It sounds like a freight train speeding down the track.
    I'm not packing much as far a clothes. A few pairs of jeans, shorts,halter tops,sports bras (to hold the girls up), panties and a sweater and jacket. No high heels. Just a pair of good boots and a pair of sneakers, complete with an abundant supply of dry socks. Oh. Maybe just a few make-up items just in case I need them.
    I enjoy the challenge and physical exertion that these trip present. I meet a lot of nice people along the way too.

Hi dawn,

I haven't done the things you have but I can agree with you about the beauty of our earth as she is alive and forever changing. I have went to a stream and change into a 1 piece and swam right there in the open. Was fun and just listened to the water go across the rocks. I wonder though with everything that is happening in the world how long will we have these undisturbed nature wonderlands to enjoy?

Hi Dawn,

That sounds like a wonderful experience. I've always enjoyed walking in the woods and still go there often, I have a nice patch of forest within a half-mile of home, but I've never gone there to dress. I mainly take nature photos, as I'm a lifelong nature nut and nature photographer since the 1970's. There's nothing quite like a walk through the woods in Spring when all the Springtime wildflowers are blooming.

Carol
    My name is Carol.