Thread: Fake Leg Hair?

Fake Leg Hair?

I hope it’s okay to ask this here, if this thread needs to be moved I understand.

There are a lot of topics on the subject of hiding shaved legs or having to explain them, on the MtF side of things. And I got to thinking, having seen some of the great work you have done with facial hair, do you think it’s a viable option for a man with shaved legs to simulate hair on them when needed?
    xoxo

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    Umm not sure on this one. Maybe you could use the excuse that the your pants rubs it off your leg. I try to grow my hair on my legs but it rubs off in places.

Quote Originally Posted by mistunderstood View Post
    Umm not sure on this one. Maybe you could use the excuse that the your pants rubs it off your leg. I try to grow my hair on my legs but it rubs off in places.

That's interesting and probably of great use to a closet MtF CD.
    xoxo

Some of us claim to be big into cycling or swimming, which are both sports where male participants shave their legs. I often tell people my girlfriend hates brushing up against my hairy legs in bed and I don't like to sleep in pants, so I just shave every couple days.

A Mess of Contradictions
    That sounds like an awful lot of work. :P Why not just wear long pants and tell people you don't like going bare-legged? We have hot summers out here, but my dad wears jeans all summer with no problems.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Haley Heather View Post
    I hope it’s okay to ask this here, if this thread needs to be moved I understand.

There are a lot of topics on the subject of hiding shaved legs or having to explain them, on the MtF side of things. And I got to thinking, having seen some of the great work you have done with facial hair, do you think it’s a viable option for a man with shaved legs to simulate hair on them when needed?
    Competitive swimmers shave their whole body to reduce drag
    Competitive cyclists shave their legs and often arms to prevent hair getting into road scrapes in crashes ( it is life or limb threatening due bacteria and overgrown/ingrown hair after abrasion )

If you go to a sporstmedicine shop ( where they sell trainers taping supplies ) you can get spray adhesive
    and spray in on your legs. Then if you have a dog or cat with hair the color of your own, you just roll on
    the carpet and ...voila - hairy legs. lol ( Never tried it because I don't have a pet but I bet it will work! )

http://www.physioroom.com/product/Mu...037/36171.html

A Mess of Contradictions
    Quote Originally Posted by ashlylynn View Post
    If you go to a sporstmedicine shop ( where they sell trainers taping supplies ) you can get spray adhesive
    and spray in on your legs. Then if you have a dog or cat with hair the color of your own, you just roll on
    the carpet and ...voila - hairy legs. lol ( Never tried it because I don't have a pet but I bet it will work! )

You might look a bit weird with carpet lint stuck to your legs, though.

Now that's one I never heard before! lol Not a bad question. Maybe possible. If you can figure out a good adhesive then you can use hair from an old wig or something and glue on 1/2 inch bits or something, but how many hours are you going to spend doing it and how to get it to look natural is going to be the challenge. Check with the makeup artists.
    Chickie

Pre-T I just grew them as much as I could which wasn't a lot but hey-ho. I just shave them now, not because I go out in fem-mode or w/e, I'm a hygiene freak and body hair makes me feel dirty. I don't care what anyone thinks of me, cause I know I'm clean and people who interfere need to get a life. The end.

P.s- I have hot muscular legs so no-one complains
    [SIZE="3"]-Broken out of a window in hell-[/SIZE]

NiCo, I agree with you, and its the same thing that I say when some one has asked. I started triming my body hair closer and closer, now I normally use the 1/8 inch trimming device, but if I need to shave my legs I just go for it.
    My SO asked the first time she noticed and I just explined that it feels cleaner, fresher and I can rub the Sunscreen easier, and all of this is true for me.
    With Love and Kisses...

Lucy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucy-pink/

I watched on one of the news programs where G guys and GG's were made over and had to spend a day in their opposite sex roles. Wish I could haver been picked! Anyway, they used some sort of adhesive (spirit gum?) on the GG's faces and legs, and then with a handfull of artificial? looking short curly hair, sort of "smushed" it onto their faces and legs. It worked pretty well from what I saw. Of course I was watching it on television, and to some extent, the camera can seemingly be made to notice or ignore whatever they want. Before I use my epilator on my legs I go over them with a long hair trimmer first. It takes enough off so that if I saved it, I could probably re-attach it with some kind of adhesive (eeewwww). I think buying some loose fake hair at a constume shop would be more sanitary. Just some thoughts.

Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stockings View Post
    Anyway, they used some sort of adhesive (spirit gum?) on the GG's faces and legs, and then with a handfull of artificial? looking short curly hair, sort of "smushed" it onto their faces and legs.
    I think it pretty much would have to be curly yes, with straight, even straight-ish hair you'd have to get it more or less aligned - would look strange pointing every which way, also, straight bits would probably be attached on their whole length and look more painted on (or wet look) than hair rooted on one end. Now, if you could rig a device to evenly mass-dip short fibers ends to glue and apply them at an angle... Also, cut off bits would not be ideal, being of even thickness at both ends - the tops should taper thin - longer the better with cut bits. Or, what could actually work if there was a manufacturer (theatrical supplies?) - transparent, adhesive patches with hair. (Okay, so having just had a look, it is a bit of a mess where they all point to ...need a shave )

Anyway, with all the natural (and habitual) variation in body hair quality and thickness, seems to me too much trouble and possibly cost, except for maybe just to try it out or for special occasion.

On the pants-rubbing, I think it'd have to be very tight fitting pants all the time to believably "rub off" all hair - I notice where my hair is missing is just at the pockets area.

I'm MAB (male at birth) and naturally not very hairy specially on the legs which have virtually none and in my six decades+ nobody has ever mentioned it, and until I came on this forum never realised it could become an issue. What I do think could become a bigger problem is the shape of FAB legs although seeing some of the MAB legs on here I'm not so sure
    Last edited by Gina X; 03-27-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Personally I think why do that? I'm not an extremely hairy guy, but then not all GM's are extremely hairy either. I really do not see a point in gluing hair on, sounds like it would be more of a pain than its worth.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

Metalguy does your cat run on batteries ??
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Quote Originally Posted by Gina X View Post
    Metalguy does your cat run on batteries ??
    isn't the kitty just adorable?

on another note, i am a lucky guy with the hairy legs thing. i've got raven dark hair and fair skin and many times my leg hair has rivalled cis-male partners' hairy legs in the past. i have never liked shaving it and so far i can't remember the last time i shaved or waxed them... must be a couple of years or more by now? lol. i'm also fortunate to have some boxy-looking calves due to being such a short natal female, so i can use this as a passing tool if i want to wear shorts. but i dun like 'em much so ditto, lol... will have to buy some long ones for next summer.
    Last edited by Areyan; 04-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]~ Androgynous/FTM/Boi ~[/SIZE]

it's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved as someone you're not.

Areyan's Blog

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake

That is my cat's way of looking like a deer caught in the headlights. I scooped him up very quickly before the pic and freaked him out, hence the really big eyes effect lol
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!