Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever Tried on a Bridesmaid or Wedding Dress, ever been asked to be a male bridesmaid?

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    Way back when I was married, my wife at the time was actually making her sister's dress. I will admit I tried it on at every opportunity. I probably had it on more times than she did. I think the bright white color made it so sensual.

Georgeous legs, Ashlee!!
    You go, girl !

Jannine. x

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    Just curious, why is it a lot of work to try on wedding gowns?
    Was a lot of work cause I was in a dressing room about the size of a phone booth, needed someone to go back for this size or that.... and would just have been fun to share the event with someone else. When a gown has a longer train it is nice to have a friend to gather it when putting it on and then spread it out as you are looking how nice it is. Maybe work was the wrong word to use.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    My SO and I are getting married next May, and although I hadn't considered it she asked me if I wanted to wear a wedding dress with her. And to be honest I didn't. We're getting married in Hawaii and it'll be a private ceremony. I felt that me wearing a dress to my own wedding would feel kinda weird. I always thought that I would wear a suit or tux. So wearing a white dress was never one of my fantasies.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Besides I dont think I'd enjoy showing the family the pictures.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    I felt that me wearing a dress to my own wedding would feel kinda weird. I always thought that I would wear a suit or tux. So wearing a white dress was never one of my fantasies.
    I don't think it is uncommon to think that. I think a lot of us still want a traditional marriage for our spouse and family. But that doesn't mean a second ceremony is out of the question.

Platinum Member
    To own and wear a Wedding is for sure on my Bucket List.

Orchid

I have never been married, but at this point in my life, I probably wouldn't consider doing it if I couldn't wear a pretty gown. Never a bridesmaid either, yet, but I did attend a wedding as an ordinary guest two summers ago wearing a fancy dress. The bride and groom were both friends of mine and thought it was a fine idea.

- Diane

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Ive worn wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses and they are pure heaven even did a bridal show last year and three weeks ago was a bridesmaid at a wedding.

I have tried on bridal dresses in a few stores. Last time I was in David's Bridal there was a mother and her teenage daughter admiring the dress I had on. It felt spectacular. I wish I had a picture of that gown to post.

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    I've had the desire to be all dolled up for a wedding for either a bridesmaid or a bride to be. I did a search on this once and it turns out that men are sometimes asked to be bridesmaids. However, it is not what you think, they are still in a tuxedo, but the tie matches the womens bridesmaid dresses instead. What do you think about all this?
    One can only hope....I'd even settle for the old "always a bridesmaid"....lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Not too long ago, I was talking witha friend of mine. She got married several years ago, but did not know about Jessica. She has since been told, and is a wonderful frined to me. We were out one night adn talking about her wedding. I confessed that I had fantisized about being a bridemaid in her wedding, but that was a dream. She was so fine with me she stated that if she had known before then, she would have asked. I had to be honest in the fact that i would have certainly had to accept, even knowing this would have outted me to more people than even know now. i have mourned over this many times now. Still...if the opportunity ever arose again, I would certainly do it. Now...I would like to just do a bridal photo shoot...if I could ever find the right dress.

I wish....perhaps someday!!

I found a pink nylon and net bridesmaids dress once on our local tip, needless to say I quickly gathered it up and into a nearby bag with my heart all a flutter. When I got home that night, I waited with bated breath until such time as I could try it on, it was a poor fit but it felt great. I took a few pictures which I will try to find and post sometime.