Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Tried on a Bridesmaid or Wedding Dress, ever been asked to be a male bridesmaid?

Ever Tried on a Bridesmaid or Wedding Dress, ever been asked to be a male bridesmaid?

I've had the desire to be all dolled up for a wedding for either a bridesmaid or a bride to be. I did a search on this once and it turns out that men are sometimes asked to be bridesmaids. However, it is not what you think, they are still in a tuxedo, but the tie matches the womens bridesmaid dresses instead. What do you think about all this?

I am so waiting for my first gown. Okay, it's not a wedding gown, those are waaay too $$ for me now. As for being a bridesmaid, ooooh in my wildest dreams, I'd love it. As for being a bridesman? ahhh No. But if asked, I'd give it a wirl....

Renne...

I have tried on wedding dresses before. In my 20's I went to a local bridal shop and just browsed and ended up trying on several. There was a young SA and i think she got a kick out of me wanting to try things on.

Another fun thing to do is to go to consignment shops. they almost always have bridesmaid or prom dresses for sale. those are great places to try things on!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Three years ago,I took part in a Charity Transgender Fashion Show,and the finale was Blushing Brides,myself and another CD,and a TS friend we all wore Gorgeous Gowns from a Local Bridal store,I really did feel so special and didnt want the day ever to end,as I strutted my stuff (with supplied groom lol) my wife was in the audience and as I looked over to her,I saw a tear in her eye.So I would say if you ever get the Chance to wear a gorgeous Wedding gown you gotta go for it,It truly is a wonderful feeling

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I guess in a way im very lucky....I have a wedding dress to wear and just bought a new bridemaid dress. I have several other formal dresses as well. I just love the way they feel and they do make you look really great. Every woman needs a fancy dress.

That sounds wonderful Sophie!

My first time dressing was at about age 12 or so in my mom's wedding dress. It was too small for me then but even so I felt special wearing it. To be a bride in a wedding is probably my ultimate fantasy, but I'm sure that's never going to happen.

I have gone to several bridal shops and tried on dresses. One time at a David's Bridal and loved every minute of it. Everyone needs to try it sometime.

Tracy

Male bridesmaid! Not me! Bridesmaid, Id love to! Bride Never! I was married once, and that was one too many times! Like my license plate says: HAPPINESS IS BEING SINGLE!

Silver Member
    Years ago I went to a costume party as a bride. I won and another guy there called and asked to buy it for a costume for a charity parade. I gave it to him.

On another occasion I had a chance to try on several that were going to be in a play. Lucky me I fit all of them. Unlucky they didn't let me be one of the brides.

I think wedding dresses have a sensual feel for women as well as us.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I think wedding dresses have a sensual feel for women as well as us.
    A friend of mine and I (another GG) were going to spend a day trying on wedding dresses... never happened but it would be loads of fun! I think (for me at least) trying on wedding dresses is trying on the fantasy that you've got one special day that's entirely for you and your syrupy gooey lovey feelings. As for the whole 'bridesmen' phenom, I think what they wear is really up to the bride to figure out, and what they themselves as bridesmen are comfortable with doing in public. If/when I ever get married, I'm not sure that my best friend would at all agree to even look at a bridesmaid dress - but if I could, I would TOTALLY put him in something girly!

It's very high on my wish list..a wedding dress with Long train ...but they're so expensive...eventually i'll get one.

I'd love to do a recommitment ceremony as a bride, but my spouse just isn't into it.

But I was a Bridesmaid once. More specifically, I was the lead Bridesmaid, "Matron of Honor," at another CD's wedding. It was a wonderful experience.

She was marrying a GG and both wore Wedding dresses of their individual choosing. I was in the Wedding party on the CD's side, my spouse was on the GG's side. The Bridesmaids on the CD's side, a mixture of GG's, CD's and TS's, wore green gowns and the ones on the GG's side wore the same gowns in purple. The Wedding was held in a local church that was very accepting and the ceremony was performed by the congregation's minister.

Each of the Bridesmaids had to arrange an appointment to go to David's Bridal for her gown and her fittings. Being there "for real" was an amazing experience! The air was so thick with estrogen that men seemed unable to get more than a few feet past the front door! Seriously! You'd watch a guy arrive with his Bride to Be or his Bridesmaid to Be and he would literally freeze as he walked in. You could almost hear his testicles shriveling as he stood there, frozen like a panicked deer in the headlights.

My spouse and I made our appointments for the same time and were treated very nicely. We were taken back to the dressing room area and sized for our gowns. A seamstress then pinned everything for alterations. Surrounding us was a swirl of activity as Brides to Be, often in foundation garments, tried on gowns, frequently with an audience of female friends and relatives to offer advice and approval.

After the fittings and pinnings we were scheduled for a return try-on appointment, after which there was a bit of further alteration and a third appointment.

Meanwhile, in between the various fittings, as Matron of Honor, I was responsible for providing a Shower for the CD Bride. We held the Shower at one of the Bride's favorite restaurants. I went over there (en femme, of course), made the arrangements, and sized up the private dining room for decorations.

It was a surprise Shower so I covertly obtained a list of the Bride's other Bridesmaids and friends and invited them.

I put together some typical Shower games and prizes, using info from the internet and suggestions from GG friends who had attended other Showers. I remember one day of getting ready when a friend and I painted and decorated clothes pins for one of the games.

On the day of the Shower a friend and I went over to the restaurant and decorated the room, using green and purple crepe paper, balloons, and so on.

The Shower included about 25 guests and we had a lot of fun. We placed the Bride on a "Throne" and decorated her with mock Bridal attire including a tiara with a veil. It turned out so well that when the other Bride's Shower ended earlier they came over and joined ours!

On the morning of the Wedding I went to my beauty salon and had my hair and makeup professionally done.

Arriving at the Church I had a "survival" kit ready with "just in case" items that we might need, everything from headache remedies and smelling salts to bobby pins and hairspray. Two of us helped our Bride get ready in one dressing room while the other Bridesmaids helped the other Bride in a different room.

After some frantic preparations, the music and the procession began and the Brides met, seeing each other in their gowns for the first time. The ceremony was very beautiful and was followed by a reception, dinner, and dancing.

"If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I picked mine up at Goodwill for $8.
    I'd not exactly my dream dress, as I'd like to have a fuller skirt I can put a pettycoat under, and it has a small marina stain (or some other tomato based sause) on it, but I'll still be happy enough if I get to wear it properly.
    How-some ever, because of the 2 small "flaws", I'm still looking for one thats perfect. Hence, this one may end up a Holoween costume or somting like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The highest of heels! Helen H. Heels's Avatar
    Last year,I had the opportunity to be a part of history (Guiness record) The record for wedding dresses at one time is now 175 The WINDFALL group had no problem with men in wedding gowns. We rocked!!
    Love Helen

This is fun reading!

If/when I ever get married, I'm not sure that my best friend would at all agree to even look at a bridesmaid dress - but if I could, I would TOTALLY put him in something girly!
    Now I am curious, just how girly is girly would you put him in?

My Wedding

Two years ago my wife and I were married. We had one traditional wedding and second wedding two weeks later were we both wore wedding dresses and I was the bride. The wedding took place at the Douglas Dunes Resort in Saugatuck Michigan. I have included a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

Yeah, I've worn a bridal gown. i got one off Craigslist for FREE!! Fit fine and everything, not my ideal dress but one can't look a gift horse in the mouth. I wish it were long sleeve meh....I did a bridal shoot during a Jamie Austin makeover. It was his dress, fit me fine. I'm happy with the pics too..I had sooo much fun and felt some female doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by missyvf View Post
    I have tried on wedding dresses before. In my 20's I went to a local bridal shop and just browsed and ended up trying on several. There was a young SA and i think she got a kick out of me wanting to try things on.

Another fun thing to do is to go to consignment shops. they almost always have bridesmaid or prom dresses for sale. those are great places to try things on!
    I have tried on bridal gowns at a local consignment shop, I had so much fun, I only wish I would have had a friend there with me to help and offer opinions. It is really a lot of work to try on wedding gowns, but worth every minute. Nothing makes you feel so girly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    I have tried on bridal gowns at a local consignment shop, I had so much fun, I only wish I would have had a friend there with me to help and offer opinions. It is really a lot of work to try on wedding gowns, but worth every minute. Nothing makes you feel so girly.
    Just curious, why is it a lot of work to try on wedding gowns?

Great thread! All of you blushng brides look so pretty and Persephone you look fantastic as the Matron of Honor!
    Dana Fleming

OK, I put off posting on this one, but I can't resist any longer. For the past four or five years I have gone to a nearby David's Bridal and tried on what could be termed bridesmaid's dresses as well as formal gowns. Never a wedding dress because I was told the first time you had to make an appointment and all that with your party. Now that I know most of the consultants there I am going for it one of these days.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Tried on my wifes wedding dress once...almost fit but my shoulders were a bit wider than hers...on the other hand my waist was smaller than hers....
    As wedding photographers for over 10 years, we never saw a male bridesmaid (unless it she was so well presented that we couldn't tell) but we saw probably a half-dozen little boys as flower girls; the oldest I ever remember was about 10 but usually they were 4-6.

Jenn

tried on a wedding dress

i went and tried a wedding dress at david bridal and it was the greatest
    feeling. i think that wearing a wedding dress is the utmost in feminity.

sue ellan

life is short wear nice lingerie all the time.

Wow you girls in those gowns make me want to .... well not just yet. I'm working my way up to through the gown stage. I've gotten this far with a "pagent" gown that I just picked up. A few more weeks and who knows...

Ya'll look great.

Renne.....

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I have worn both bridesmaids and brides gowns - unfortunately never in public. It still was a wonderful and special experience. I would urge anyone who hasn't tried it to seize any opportunity that might arise.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]