Thread: Ever Tried on a Bridesmaid or Wedding Dress, ever been asked to be a male bridesmaid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ever Tried on a Bridesmaid or Wedding Dress, ever been asked to be a male bridesmaid?

I've had the desire to be all dolled up for a wedding for either a bridesmaid or a bride to be. I did a search on this once and it turns out that men are sometimes asked to be bridesmaids. However, it is not what you think, they are still in a tuxedo, but the tie matches the womens bridesmaid dresses instead. What do you think about all this?

I am so waiting for my first gown. Okay, it's not a wedding gown, those are waaay too $$ for me now. As for being a bridesmaid, ooooh in my wildest dreams, I'd love it. As for being a bridesman? ahhh No. But if asked, I'd give it a wirl....

Renne...

I have tried on wedding dresses before. In my 20's I went to a local bridal shop and just browsed and ended up trying on several. There was a young SA and i think she got a kick out of me wanting to try things on.

Another fun thing to do is to go to consignment shops. they almost always have bridesmaid or prom dresses for sale. those are great places to try things on!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Three years ago,I took part in a Charity Transgender Fashion Show,and the finale was Blushing Brides,myself and another CD,and a TS friend we all wore Gorgeous Gowns from a Local Bridal store,I really did feel so special and didnt want the day ever to end,as I strutted my stuff (with supplied groom lol) my wife was in the audience and as I looked over to her,I saw a tear in her eye.So I would say if you ever get the Chance to wear a gorgeous Wedding gown you gotta go for it,It truly is a wonderful feeling

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I guess in a way im very lucky....I have a wedding dress to wear and just bought a new bridemaid dress. I have several other formal dresses as well. I just love the way they feel and they do make you look really great. Every woman needs a fancy dress.

That sounds wonderful Sophie!

My first time dressing was at about age 12 or so in my mom's wedding dress. It was too small for me then but even so I felt special wearing it. To be a bride in a wedding is probably my ultimate fantasy, but I'm sure that's never going to happen.

I have gone to several bridal shops and tried on dresses. One time at a David's Bridal and loved every minute of it. Everyone needs to try it sometime.

Tracy

Glamerous Granny carolinewalker_2000's Avatar
    I have worn both bridesmaids and brides gowns - unfortunately never in public. It still was a wonderful and special experience. I would urge anyone who hasn't tried it to seize any opportunity that might arise.
    [SIZE="3"]Caroline

Tranny Granny
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by missyvf View Post
    I have tried on wedding dresses before. In my 20's I went to a local bridal shop and just browsed and ended up trying on several. There was a young SA and i think she got a kick out of me wanting to try things on.

Another fun thing to do is to go to consignment shops. they almost always have bridesmaid or prom dresses for sale. those are great places to try things on!
    I have tried on bridal gowns at a local consignment shop, I had so much fun, I only wish I would have had a friend there with me to help and offer opinions. It is really a lot of work to try on wedding gowns, but worth every minute. Nothing makes you feel so girly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Doolittle View Post
    I have tried on bridal gowns at a local consignment shop, I had so much fun, I only wish I would have had a friend there with me to help and offer opinions. It is really a lot of work to try on wedding gowns, but worth every minute. Nothing makes you feel so girly.
    Just curious, why is it a lot of work to try on wedding gowns?

Great thread! All of you blushng brides look so pretty and Persephone you look fantastic as the Matron of Honor!
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    Just curious, why is it a lot of work to try on wedding gowns?
    Was a lot of work cause I was in a dressing room about the size of a phone booth, needed someone to go back for this size or that.... and would just have been fun to share the event with someone else. When a gown has a longer train it is nice to have a friend to gather it when putting it on and then spread it out as you are looking how nice it is. Maybe work was the wrong word to use.

It's very high on my wish list..a wedding dress with Long train ...but they're so expensive...eventually i'll get one.

Wow you girls in those gowns make me want to .... well not just yet. I'm working my way up to through the gown stage. I've gotten this far with a "pagent" gown that I just picked up. A few more weeks and who knows...

Ya'll look great.

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by brassieres View Post
    I've had the desire to be all dolled up for a wedding for either a bridesmaid or a bride to be. I did a search on this once and it turns out that men are sometimes asked to be bridesmaids. However, it is not what you think, they are still in a tuxedo, but the tie matches the womens bridesmaid dresses instead. What do you think about all this?
    One can only hope....I'd even settle for the old "always a bridesmaid"....lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !