Thread: So.....It has happened!

So.....It has happened!

For as long as I remember, putting on an article of clothing of the opposite sex gave me a charge, a feeling with underlined sexual context. I had suppressed my femininity to the deepest, darkest realm of my psyche and then when suddenly allowed to be her, I would release this volcano of femininity through having women's clothes touch my skin. I was theorizing that given freedom to dress when I felt the need without any boundaries would reduce this euphoric state to mere clothes, just clothes. I understand that woman judges clothing from quite a different perspective then man does, making the whole concept of clothing way more exciting to shop for and be fashion savvy, yet the sexuality aspect is for the attraction of her mate or potential mate or just to feel beautiful and well put together.
    Well..................it happened! After my recent reveal and separation with my wife and then divorce, I have become my own self, free, and unbound by any responsibilities as to keeping the secret. After a while of being on my own I dressed for my therapy and nothing, wow! "NOTHING". I felt I was putting on my clothes, MY Clothes, just regular clothes, well, yeah, really pretty and coordinated and heck yeah, fashionista gurl clothes, but nevertheless just mere fact didn't set me into deep breathing, tingling mode.
    It felt natural, just as I have suspected it would, but not as blah, as I felt putting on my male clothing, I suppose because of the fact I suppressed my femininity so much when wearing mans clothes it almost felt like a chore I didn't want to do. So here I am, prancing down the boulevard, in my Jimmy Choos and summer dress and guess what, just a girl with a pretty smile on her face
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you go girl.And keep loving it hun.
    Angie

I'm so happy for you
    Hugs

Sammy
    xoxox

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Choos for everyday wear?! Wow, you are a fashionista!!

Alexia, welcome to your new normalcy. Cherish it.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Choos for everyday wear?! Wow, you are a fashionista!!

Alexia, welcome to your new normalcy. Cherish it.

Kathi
    I so love the sound of that ......."NORMALCY"

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I am very happy that you are at peace with yourself,now just go and Enjoy being you,Alexia
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia Elliot View Post
    So here I am, prancing down the boulevard, in my Jimmy Choos and summer dress and guess what, just a girl with a pretty smile on her face
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You hooked me with Jimmy Choo!!! And you should love it. Welcome to the new normal * , such a wonderful feeling, isn't it???

* phrase not lifted from Kathi but rather it's an expression we use at work to describe the state of things in this down economy, yet very applicable here.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    * phrase not lifted from Kathi . . .
    Girl, you can 'lift' from me anytime!!

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Girl, you can 'lift' from me anytime!!

Kathi
    As much as I love your style, I can't lift anything from your closet because, well...you're tiny!

Soooo, in keeping with this being Alexia's thread, she apparently has style as well which is all good, fun, delicious, etc!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    wow, a lot to go through in a short time. Glad to hear that you've come out intact and feeling like normal. Enjoy that summer dress, the Jimmy Choos and pretty smile!

I am just at beginning my journey after 30 years of not really being able to express my femininity .Having told my girlfriend what I like and feel comfortable doing, ie dressing up and wearing make up and gorgeous fem clothes, and getting her approval , part of me is now wondering how much of a balancing act I will have with "normal life" and my new fem time.
    I have the full support of my girlfriend, but would be dressed in all my non work time if I could.

It's great to read that you are happy, doing what comes naturally and expressing yourself fully.

Dx

Congrats. Just a reminder to all: You don't have to be wearing overpriced heels to be/feel fab.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Beautiful story... sentiment... idea... yes what ever you would like to add!

Alexia, Sounds absolutely wonderful! I love girl time, and wish I had more of it! You, however, are a fashion girl to behold! You rock, girlie!

good for u girl!! and NOW on to your next life!!

Same thing happened to me some years ago--the very first time I put on pantyhose and a dress, together. I just felt--clothed, normal, ready to get on with the evening! It took a long time after that to accumulate a full outfit--shoes, purse, &c. The sexual thrill came back occasionally later, but gradually the fashionista response "OMG--I love this dress!" replaced it.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Alexia,
    You deserve the best and I am fortunate to know you.
    Rachael